4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
So What Do You Guys Do For A Living?
buckjones
Dec 10 2007, 10:23 PM
GMC:er
My worst flight experience was when I was flying from Chicago back to Pittsburgh. I was reading this book about Roberto Clemente a famous Pittsburgh Pirates baseball player and I was just starting the last chapter that goes into the story of his death in a plane crash (bad omen? huh.gif ) when all of a sudden, while heading into Pittsburgh) the worst turbulance that I had ever been in started. Needless to say I put the book deep into my carry on bag and held on tight!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
See profile for gear...

Tim Mahoney makes my day.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 10 2007, 11:12 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (buckjones @ Dec 10 2007, 09:23 PM) *
My worst flight experience was when I was flying from Chicago back to Pittsburgh. I was reading this book about Roberto Clemente a famous Pittsburgh Pirates baseball player and I was just starting the last chapter that goes into the story of his death in a plane crash (bad omen? huh.gif ) when all of a sudden, while heading into Pittsburgh) the worst turbulance that I had ever been in started. Needless to say I put the book deep into my carry on bag and held on tight!

eeek!! I cant read things like that ^^ laugh.gif

I do remember going on holiday (Spain again laugh.gif ) several years back, I was fine then about flying, I went with a friend that has flown all round the world, the pilot come on the tannoy saying that we where heading into some turbulance, I was fine she was panic striken and said thats the worst turbulance I`ve ever experienced!!, I was like oh?? that was ok?? .... but now?? the slightest bump and I`m like, omg omg omg wacko.gif no idea what has changed about it?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Dec 10 2007, 11:15 PM
i sit at home, playing guitar and eating. stupid 7th grade math teacher ms rice is a

Edited for language - Tony

This post has been edited by tonymiro: Dec 11 2007, 12:00 AM

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 11 2007, 12:07 AM
QUOTE (g-forcelover @ Dec 10 2007, 10:15 PM) *
i sit at home, playing guitar and eating. stupid 7th grade math teacher ms rice is a

Edited for language - Tony

You know .. I cant actually remember what my maths teachers name was blink.gif cant have been a *beep* tho or else I`d remember for sure ... oh well

I`d love a bit more time during the days to play the guitar, although I think if I did have the xtra time my wife would want that time spent doing something around the house dry.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 11 2007, 12:08 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 10 2007, 11:12 PM) *
eeek!! I cant read things like that ^^ laugh.gif

... but now?? the slightest bump and I`m like, omg omg omg wacko.gif no idea what has changed about it?

OT story you might like then Smells:

A friend of the family who lives near us offered to take my daughter paragliding (he's a qualified flier and teacher). She looked him up and down, sniffed and said, 'No way am I going up on one of those. I may only be 7 but I'm not stupid.' Clever girl my little one biggrin.gif .

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 11 2007, 12:11 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Dec 10 2007, 11:08 PM) *
OT story you might like then Smells:

A friend of the family who lives near us offered to take my daughter paragliding (he's a qualified flier and teacher). She looked him up and down, sniffed and said, 'No way am I going up on one of those. I may only be 7 but I'm not stupid.' Clever girl my little one biggrin.gif .

laugh.gif laugh.gif very sensible

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 11 2007, 12:14 AM
Instructor
I am on master studies in IT (Information systems and software development management), play professionaly with a bend, and off course the GMC smile.gif Other than that - practising wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
VinceG
Dec 11 2007, 01:39 AM
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 10 2007, 09:21 PM) *
that`ll be cool m8 cool.gif , good luck hope it works out for you, nothing more rewarding than your own business.
heheh smile.gif , have you done any film making before?

Yep, I have 3 years in my belt. I was in a class in high school called Video Productions. I was there for 3 years, 2 of them were in advance classes. I know how to edit stuff in Final Cut Pro and work on bettering audio in Soundtrack Pro.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
rokchik
Dec 11 2007, 01:41 AM
The Dark Canuck
I work for the Canadian government...it's a living. laugh.gif

@N4085B - is your name the reg. of your own aircarft? I have a bit of aviation experience in a round about way.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 11 2007, 11:25 AM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Dec 11 2007, 12:39 AM) *
Yep, I have 3 years in my belt. I was in a class in high school called Video Productions. I was there for 3 years, 2 of them were in advance classes. I know how to edit stuff in Final Cut Pro and work on bettering audio in Soundtrack Pro.

Cool m8 cool.gif have you done any acting as well?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tank
Dec 11 2007, 12:13 PM
GMC Veteran
QUOTE (buckjones @ Dec 10 2007, 09:23 PM) *

Strangely enough, I had an adventure flying to Pittsburgh (I lived there for a short while). I was flying from Ireland, via Boston. Taking off from Boston, the plane spun around, and landed again. The captain said that there was a problem with the no 2 engine. A technician then got inside the engine, and spent an hour banging and drilling away (we were still all on the plane). Then the captain came back and said "Engine 2 is now satisfactory"...

I don't know about you, but flying from Boston to Pittsburgh on a "satisfactory" engine, is not something I'd wish to repeat in a hurry. I want all the engines to be "perfect". smile.gif

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Dec 11 2007, 01:40 PM
I'm a Firefighter and a singer (hopefully soon with a guitar too). And yes - I have seen the eye of the Devil.

Edit: added a picture

This post has been edited by Twibeard: Dec 11 2007, 01:49 PM

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 11 2007, 01:48 PM
QUOTE (Twibeard @ Dec 11 2007, 12:40 PM) *
I'm a Firefighter and a singer (hopefully soon with a guitar too). And yes - I have seen the eye of the Devil.

Cool job, or rather hot job biggrin.gif

sorry for being a bit dumb, what do you mean by "I have seen the eye of the devil"? please

--------------------

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Dec 11 2007, 01:54 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 11 2007, 01:48 PM) *
Cool job, or rather hot job biggrin.gif

sorry for being a bit dumb, what do you mean by "I have seen the eye of the devil"? please

Well - imagine you find your self surrounded by sky-high flames and smoke, temprature is 1500 Farenheid - you just lost your college in the flames, and you think ... "how the hell do i get out of this situation" ... Easy to hallusinate the devil I can tell you ... fortunately I drowned him in water in my last minute of oxygene cool.gif

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 11 2007, 01:58 PM
QUOTE (Twibeard @ Dec 11 2007, 12:54 PM) *
Well - imagine you find your self surrounded by sky-high flames and smoke, temprature is 1500 Farenheid - you just lost your college in the flames, and you think ... "how the hell do i get out of this situation" ... Easy to hallusinate the devil I can tell you ... fortunately I drowned him in water in my last minute of oxygene cool.gif

Arrr I see, sorry, phew.. well glad you put him out m8 cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gerald
Dec 11 2007, 03:39 PM
I'm a PC Tech. I use to be a supervisor for a bank. Now I work for the client of that bank - Victoria Secret. I'm surrounded by pictures of half naked models, (and I mean a ton of poster size ones - I sit right in front of one at my desk!), and panties.

The cool thing is that everyone I work with is really cool. My boss is a guitar player of 28 years and my friend who is a level higher than me is also a gutiar player. We keep 2 guitars in the lab and I can even play some here and there at work! That and I surf GMC throughout the day. It's pretty sweet.

This post has been edited by Gerald: Dec 11 2007, 03:40 PM

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 11 2007, 03:50 PM
QUOTE (Gerald @ Dec 11 2007, 02:39 PM) *
I'm a PC Tech. I use to be a supervisor for a bank. Now I work for the client of that bank - Victoria Secret. I'm surrounded by pictures of half naked models, (and I mean a ton of poster size ones - I sit right in front of one at my desk!), and panties.

The cool thing is that everyone I work with is really cool. My boss is a guitar player of 28 years and my friend who is a level higher than me is also a gutiar player. We keep 2 guitars in the lab and I can even play some here and there at work! That and I surf GMC throughout the day. It's pretty sweet.

Yea I`m lucky that I have internet access and do get plenty of surf time, I`d be allowed to have my guitar here and play at lunch but I`d never get any practice in, too many people walking about and they want you to play stuff for them when all you want to do is practice! so I gave that idea up.
Sounds a cool atmosphere to work in mate, nice one cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gerald
Dec 11 2007, 03:54 PM
I keep the guitar playing to a minimum too, because we don't need people thinking we have nothing to do. But once we move in to a new area that has a closed locked door we are thinking about adding in an amp. wink.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
Dec 12 2007, 01:50 AM
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 11 2007, 03:25 PM) *
Cool m8 cool.gif have you done any acting as well?

Sadly yes. I'm not really good at it though, I actually hate it sometimes. I like working behind the camera more than in front of one.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
golfrocker
Dec 12 2007, 05:05 AM
I'm a Golf Professional with guitar dreams.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:22 PM