5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Noskill's Mtp Thread
NoSkill
Sep 29 2009, 01:42 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Sonar installed.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by NoSkill: Sep 29 2009, 02:39 PM

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Oct 2 2009, 02:54 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm going to try and do a video of the first 12 bars of the Robben Ford lesson right now. I've been working on it for a few days. I feel that some of the other work I've been doing has helped with my dexterity a bit to not make it feel so awkward for me to play. Fingers crossed.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Oct 2 2009, 05:21 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Here is the first 12 bars. There are some timing issues and the tone is not pleasing for me...however, I'm starting to get a a feel for the lesson. I'll work on the rest of it this week and get the timing down better.

This post has been edited by NoSkill: Oct 2 2009, 05:22 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Oct 3 2009, 03:51 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Working out the entire RF lesson tonight. I have it complete at 90bpm and working on dynamics. There are a couple of wrong notes and some timing issues with the take above that are fixed now. I'll record what I have when it's at tempo. I have a better feel for the rhythm now that I am playing the entire piece through.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Oct 4 2009, 01:56 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Working on timing. Playing needs tightening up but trying to get a better feel for the piece too. I have about 22 bars at tempo. Will try and record a better take tonight. Last couple of bars trips me a bit. I just have to get some timing issues down. I'll get it worked out. I have to add some dynamics as well as a couple of the vibrato's are missing in this take and the 1/4 bends could be clearer. Also, I'm missing some notes on some transitions, but I think it's closer to the lesson than before.

This post has been edited by NoSkill: Oct 4 2009, 02:19 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 4 2009, 02:57 PM
Instructor
Very good. The second video sounds much better. The guitar sound is also better. It can still be a bit more polished. Check this video it might help you with some stuff. I am just going through it the way I usually play so it might be helpful.

Tomorrow I am leaving for a whole week and back on the next Monday.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Oct 4 2009, 03:14 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks, Emir. The explanation of those minor third bends helps a ton. Also the cutting the notes. I did notice I was bending back. I'll quit that. I was happier with the tone in the second video, but I'll work on that a bit too as it's still not very good. Thanks for taking the time to do that video. I'll get to work with those specific things. Oh, also, thanks for the explanation on the triplet feel for the vibrato...I'll try to get a feel for that as well.

Cheers.

This post has been edited by NoSkill: Oct 4 2009, 03:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 4 2009, 03:19 PM
Instructor
You are welcome smile.gif I am glad you got all those things I was pointing out. See you in a week.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Oct 5 2009, 01:11 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm going to work on the major scale positions and the, now famous, box while you're gone. If that's not derailing any other plans. I went through it today. I'll record something while you're away. Have a safe trip.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Oct 11 2009, 03:22 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
The progress on the RF lesson. There are some dynamics that I don't seem to play each time I play it. I make tiny mistakes off-lesson each time I play it. However, here is the progress. In this take, I'm not taking fully into account the elements that you mentioned in the video. I play them sometimes, but not all times and not all in this take. I'm trying to get a feel for the piece, but I feel that I'm pressing frets and picking strings, but not necessarily feeling it.

Working on trying to tighten up and speed up some YM licks, today. Also, I've been playing that CAGED box, but haven't recorded it. I invariably flub it at some point, but I'll try and do a video today as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Oct 12 2009, 04:28 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Major scale positions...could have been cleaner. I spent some time with that box but I'm not embarrassed to say, I'm confused by it. I watched Dexxter's video and was even more confused. I may need a Kindergarten lecture on that one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 16 2009, 02:15 PM
Instructor
Hi. I am back now.

Robben Ford lesson needs more work. You're not bending that minor 3rd at all. Good that you know the whole thing but now it's time for polishing.

According to the new MTP rules I need to give you assignment every week.

Major scale boxes sound very good. What is that you don't understand from Dexxter's or my video? Feel free to ask anything. We are playing G major in 5 positions. So now that you learned those boxes we can play that scale in some other keys. Before we get to key changes I would you to play the same thing but play in this order (1, 3, 2, 4 then 2, 4, 3, 5 etc... and back). I am talking about the notes in order. Dexxter did that one before so you can see his video. This pattern is great for fretboard skills. So we can later start using it in solos.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Oct 16 2009, 02:30 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Welcome back!

I just watched Dexxter's video, I hadn't noticed you did one of explanation. I will review that one and see if am still confused after that.

The RF lesson: I will polish it up. Not playing that bend is just silly on my part. No excuse.

I'll start with the fingering order on the major scale positions today.

Thanks, man.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 16 2009, 02:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Oct 16 2009, 02:30 PM) *
Welcome back!

I just watched Dexxter's video, I hadn't noticed you did one of explanation. I will review that one and see if am still confused after that.

The RF lesson: I will polish it up. Not playing that bend is just silly on my part. No excuse.

I'll start with the fingering order on the major scale positions today.

Thanks, man.

Thanks man. Can you make it on Sunday so I can review it, mark it and we can move on? This is the video explaining the second pattern but only the first 2 positions. You can figure out the other 3.

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Oct 16 2009, 02:34 PM

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Oct 16 2009, 03:19 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
So, clear the RF lesson for Sunday? That shouldn't be a problem.

The fingering variations of the major scale positions is clear. I'll work on that readily.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 16 2009, 03:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Oct 16 2009, 03:19 PM) *
So, clear the RF lesson for Sunday? That shouldn't be a problem.

The fingering variations of the major scale positions is clear. I'll work on that readily.

Cool smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 18 2009, 02:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Oct 16 2009, 03:26 PM) *
Cool smile.gif

Please check the new assigmnet thread.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Oct 20 2009, 02:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Update for Monday:

Okay. I have some takes to record. I'm not really happy with my tone in the RF lesson, but I'm working on that a bit more. I think I'm playing all the elements of it now so hopefully tonight will produce a take to critique.

The major scale positions are a lock. I'm quite comfortable with them now, and can play them cleanly ascending and descending approaching 100bpm.

The alternate fingerings are coming along faster than I thought they would. An odd thing, I find, I can play the ascending alternate fingerings literally twice as fast, cleanly, as the descending. No matter how fast I get the descending. **shrug** I will not have a problem getting a take for you by weeks end.

Sonar is installed, but I haven't played with it at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 21 2009, 03:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Oct 20 2009, 02:50 PM) *
Update for Monday:

Okay. I have some takes to record. I'm not really happy with my tone in the RF lesson, but I'm working on that a bit more. I think I'm playing all the elements of it now so hopefully tonight will produce a take to critique.

The major scale positions are a lock. I'm quite comfortable with them now, and can play them cleanly ascending and descending approaching 100bpm.

The alternate fingerings are coming along faster than I thought they would. An odd thing, I find, I can play the ascending alternate fingerings literally twice as fast, cleanly, as the descending. No matter how fast I get the descending. **shrug** I will not have a problem getting a take for you by weeks end.

Sonar is installed, but I haven't played with it at all.

Thanks for the update smile.gif Try to learn how to use Sonar and ask if you need anything. We will need that thing. Cheers.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Oct 25 2009, 04:22 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hoping to record Sunday. My Saturday practice window was taken up by illness. No excuses, but, just wasn't able to play.

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:11 AM