> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

28 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > »   
Elhombre's Axe Laboratory
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 5 2014, 02:43 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif Thought a video might explain my ideas better, so here we go:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 10 2014, 08:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
Good as usual cosmin smile.gif
Do you have any furhter pratice advice regarding counting, praticing building grooves and rythm knowledge?

Also, I was thinking, I dont pratice all musical concepts everyday. Is there really a need for that.
That would take a lot of the fun in the playing out which wont be good for me.

What i do everyday is right now: fretboard/theory, legato (1 hour) going to start with sweeps, all inversions.
Ear training from learning pieces, imporvising and learning rythm/solo works by others.

Doing piano training, sight reading and everything everyday i just wont smile.gif
Did you do that or how did you pratice?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 11 2014, 03:38 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif Glad I could help wink.gif

Well, in respect to my learning process, I picked things up along the way and cemented my knowledge A LOT while teaching smile.gif

Otherwise, now I think it's a great approach to take things one step at a time, not trying to stuff yourself with everything but understanding principles and applying them. Once you will be at ease with the fact that you can't learn everything well, all at once, things will be much nicer and easier to tackle smile.gif I have a hunch that you are craving to know everything, fast, as fast as possible, right? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 29 2014, 03:00 AM
Learning Rock Star
Cosmiiiin how are you doing?
Okay, we lost our singer for the small concert we will have.

Btw I will play still hurts from Marco wink.gif Youtube cover up soon.

Anyway I will be singing on smoke on the water!.. jesus
Now I will probably visit a vocal coach soon.

But Cosmin this is bad but I am not lying about this so be honest I have not sang in years
This is a bad record but I wanted to send you a first time record smile.gif

How can I reach the notes im missing?

Dont cover your ears!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  smokeonthewaterElhombre.mp3 ( 969.79K ) Number of downloads: 96

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 29 2014, 10:18 AM
Instructor
Hehe! Welcome to the world of singing biggrin.gif

Buddy, my first suggestion is the following - what key is the song played originally? If your voice is not meant for that key, in this case, lower the key until you feel comfy smile.gif

It's the first thing to think about - find your comfort zone and practice there. Reach pitches correctly, sustain the notes, be rhythmical and learn to breathe and sing from your diaphragm smile.gif A vocal coach is of the essence if you wish to make progress, tho!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 6 2014, 11:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
Our keyboard/singer dropped out so we did an instrumental gig, too bad
I would have loved to do that smoke on the water G3 version. (3 solos)

Okay so Cosmin, I think its time for me to make music.
I have learned a lot and got so much to learn still. Its been a great year for me at the music academy.

But I like what I produce, what I hear in my mind, the music.
Im only 20, but I cant learn my whole life, just learn.

time for my first EP smile.gif got material for 4 songs, should be a good choice right?
Making a 10 song instrumental album feels like, none of the 10 songs will be that good/will take huge amounts of time.

I attacted a sample of what kind of music the EP will be
Its an intro + outro for one song, just keeps going, repeating, makes it heavy with a beatiful touch

Attached File(s)
Attached File  EndItAllIntro.mp3 ( 1.17MB ) Number of downloads: 62

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 7 2014, 01:54 PM
Instructor
Hey mate!

Good choice biggrin.gif Learning for the sake of learning is not necessarily a good thing ya know wink.gif

Making music is the whole thing you should aim for - this sounds a bit like Devin Townsend biggrin.gif I like the ideas and I think you have shown wisdom in approaching the situation like you described:

4 songs to make an outstanding EP are far better than 10 smile.gif Do they have a story already? You know, knowing what you write about, will always provide a strong boost in creative music writing wink.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 7 2014, 10:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
Of course smile.gif
All songs have a meaning cause a lot of things happend recently in my life.

There will be 3 songs that are fixed. Then I will se if I will do a remake of my fusion song now that my knowledge is at another level.

But starting its the :

Sad/beatiful, in the previous post.
The happy song
And the mysterious one.

They all have a meaning, I will show all the ideas, recording right now

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 8 2014, 08:12 AM
Instructor
Looking forward to hearing them wink.gif

Mate, I am asking this, because with my band we recently realized how important it is to offer not just a concert, but a whole audio-visual experience - so each song has a story which is projected live under the form of a visual animation depicting the story as well as possible. With hidden symbols, hints, ideas and everything. Each moment of the story is correlated with specific lighting.

In the end - we are still working on this - we should end up with all the stories tied up together creating a massive story - no breaks between the songs, everything being tied up through musical interludes and the nicest part - actors smile.gif Each visual story should be supported by acting on stage. Slowly but surely we are aiming for a musical biggrin.gif

It's so exciting to do it and I can't wait to have it all done! It's always good to know what your music is about, so that you may give it any form you want when you play it live. Of course, all of the above cost a lot and in order to put them on stage, we need sponsoring. We managed to pull one show, with visuals, lights and interludes. But it was pretty darn expensive for us...

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 8 2014, 04:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
Cool Cosmin, hidden messages especially in song titles I like that biggrin.gif
Link me your band page I think I remember the name, Aria? Didnt fint it

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 8 2014, 04:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here you go cosmin.
The EP template.

1. The first one (name not set). The first song I composed to completetion got to be in here, but with a remake wink.gif The track is really nice, and after this years hard work my playning has become a lot better and this one will be on the EP smile.gif

2. NMT this song is called. I did this one in november, with my friend who plays piano. This one might also have a bit of vocals on the verse, maybe even lyrics?
I like the track, more than when I played over it so, I think maybe lyrics for this song. I attacthed is NMT.

3. Name not set (moving on/on the way). A "happy" low tuned song smile.gif this song I also got some questions about we can talk about later.
Pretty cool song, goes a little unhappy, returens to this playful riff, going to have an arpeggio part where you play an arpeggio followed by riffing.

4. "End It All", name set. The song I showed you in previous post smile.gif

NOTE: as you may notice I still need to pratice some parts of these songs to get them tight and well sounding smile.gif And there is no drumwork right now, just a template smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  happymetal.mp3 ( 788.98K ) Number of downloads: 54
Attached File  NMTv1.5.mp3 ( 2.38MB ) Number of downloads: 55

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 9 2014, 10:34 AM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif

I checked out the ideas - they are indeed still raw and you need to work on structures and orchestrations now. That piano interlude is very melodic - I like it the most so far!

You should be able to think about the songs, more in terms of a whole than just in terms of one riff here, one theme there... Hope I am clear with this - more of an ensemble view and then the details.

Here's my band's FB page and website:

https://www.facebook.com/DAYS.OF.CONFUSION.OFFICIAL.PAGE
www.daysofconfusion.com

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Feb 9 2014, 10:34 AM

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 13 2014, 05:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cos
Would it be a smart move of me to have a singer?
Cause I think it would be good, I like her voice and I think it could blend with this heavy but calm music.

Okay, know it wont be THAT much singing, like only 2 verses, do you think that will be inappropriate?

I will end up in some kind of "borderland" between instrumental and normal songs with lyrics.
I think it can be cool what do you think?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 14 2014, 09:30 AM
Instructor
Hmmmm smile.gif Mate, having a singer is always a good idea - you will reach at least 10 times the people you can reach with instrumental music smile.gif

Now, the singer is the make or break factor in a band. If the band has a bad singer, well, the chances of success are pretty much low, regardless of how good the others are, because the voice is the first thing that the listener focuses on.

Having this in mind - the way in which you employ vocals in your music is your own choice, but do it wisely and you will gather the rewards wink.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 14 2014, 04:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
What I thought.
She wont sing a lot though, hope that wont feel weird! rythm combined with instrumental and some vocals.
Hopefully will be cool

Oh, and I got a new guitar, again.. 7 string
Now im broke.

Action pretty low, same solo ability as my 6 string, similar.
Even though the low action, the riffing is amazing, sounds great

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Feb 14 2014, 04:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 15 2014, 02:24 PM
Instructor
Heh - you are free to experiment mate smile.gif Don't hold back, I mean, if you don't try things, you won't know how and what and when and where smile.gif

What guitar did you get? Specs, pics? Maybe a vid? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 16 2014, 06:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here it is, Suhr 7 string, only one I found in the whole UK.
Next to my 6 string.

You can always keep looking and, its endless "the best guitar for you".
But after having that suhr 6 string for 1 year I can say its the best guitar I have ever used and I want to play only these guitars now smile.gif

So that 7 string made my guitar selection complete, and its brutal.
Low action, high playability, still I love the riffing and the sounds, tuned drop A flat

Video coming soon I hope, my friend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFKswPaxDtA
Is a keyboard player and dream theater fan, we will do a couple of unisons togheter on his channel.

The "unison" from still hurts soon enough smile.gif

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Feb 16 2014, 06:59 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 17 2014, 08:18 AM
Instructor
Wow - that dude has some skills and the video looks amazing! smile.gif

Good call mate - I hope you two will do a good job together. As for the guitars, pff.. Suhr is a name that I have always associate with high quality gear but also with pricey gear biggrin.gif How much was the 7 string?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 22 2014, 02:58 AM
Learning Rock Star
Too much so I have to sell of other guitars to pay rent! in euros i think 2000 euros.

Here we go again cosmin.
I think my drums sounds so bad, I will of course record my material in the studio, but the pre made grooves feel bad even for making ideas sad.gif

And my riffs always end up in 4/4 xD

I wrote a cool riff in 6/8, but it didnt become musical cause i thought of the time signature.
All good musical riffs are always 4/4 that I come up with

Whenever I write for another time signature I think of the groove, and the musical idea is gone, strange

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 22 2014, 08:32 AM
Instructor
Oh no way man smile.gif It's a very good way to go smile.gif I remember listening to an interview with Richard Patrick from Filter - he stated clearly that he always begins writing a song when he has a steady groove on which he can base the song on.

It's not by far a bad way, but you need to go with the grooves you find and see how you can make them musical - keep in mind that ANYTHING is allowed, don't think 'ah, that's too jazzy, or ah, that's too not metal' smile.gif Give yourself a chance to create man smile.gif

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:52 PM