Group Jamming/recording, gear recommendations
Brandon Earman
Dec 1 2009, 02:19 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey GMC, with Christmas approaching I'll have the opportunity to get some new music gear. I want to be able to get 3-4 musicians together and jam/record simultaneously. A bassist, guitarist, singer, and maybe keyboards. For drums I want to use EZdrummer.

What gear would yall suggest such as mixers, usb interfaces, etc.

I know I'm going to get some Mackie MR-5's soon but that's all I've decided so far. Thanks in advance.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Dec 1 2009, 10:36 PM
Learning Tone Master
Bump, hoping someone with more experience than me can give a decent answer smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Dec 1 2009, 11:41 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (earman @ Dec 1 2009, 02:19 AM) *
Hey GMC, with Christmas approaching I'll have the opportunity to get some new music gear. I want to be able to get 3-4 musicians together and jam/record simultaneously. A bassist, guitarist, singer, and maybe keyboards. For drums I want to use EZdrummer.

What gear would yall suggest such as mixers, usb interfaces, etc.

I know I'm going to get some Mackie MR-5's soon but that's all I've decided so far. Thanks in advance.

Of course it depends on Your budget for this project....
Shall You been jamming with earphones or in Speakers, do You have gear for that ???

A cheap solution will be to get a soundcard with four inputs, route it in any DAW and share the same listening. E-MU made a four channel card recently quite cheap and with excellent quality.
A more expensive version will be the way I chosen recently by purchasing PreSonus StudioLive where You can have 16 channels in/out as well as separate monitoring etc. Soundcard is included and You can read my review in the WIKI.
Then there are of course custom solutions, with analog/digital mixers, AD/DA converters etc. It's all about what features You're after and what the budget is.....

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:22 PM