2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Best Opeth, What is your favorte Opeth album/ songs
uberIbanez
May 27 2008, 01:21 AM
GMC:er
It seems like there are a lo of Opeth fans on GMC , so what do you like?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
May 27 2008, 01:23 AM
Learning Roadie
My favorite album is Still Life or Damnation, I can't decide which. Heavy or soft? I love the rhythms and vocals in Damnation but Still Life is full of beautiful melodies and awesome riffs. Can't decide biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
uberIbanez
May 27 2008, 01:25 AM
Yeah Still Life is very awesome ( like all Opeth), have you heard Watershed yet? im goind to an opeth concert this wednesday
QUOTE (JVM @ May 26 2008, 08:23 PM) *
My favorite album is Still Life or Damnation, I can't decide which. Heavy or soft? I love the rhythms and vocals in Damnation but Still Life is full of beautiful melodies and awesome riffs. Can't decide biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
JVM
May 27 2008, 01:29 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (uberIbanez @ May 26 2008, 08:25 PM) *
Yeah Still Life is very awesome ( like all Opeth), have you heard Watershed yet? im goind to an opeth concert this wednesday

Yeah I have heard it and I like it very much, definitely buying it I just couldn't resist listening to it. Burden is an amazing song.

And I'm going to go see them thursday biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Jeff0803
May 27 2008, 01:44 AM
Opeths been my favorite band for years. I was a freshmen in highschool when blackwater park came out and that cd inspired me so much. I love metal, but Opeth proves that metal can be brutal and agressive but still beautiful and emotional. All of their music is great, but my favorite album of thiers is Ghost Reveries. Ghost of Perdition is one of my favorite songs of all time. Im not really proud of it but I used to really be into shrooms and right after ghost reveries came out I spent the night tripping and listened to it three times in a row and it was an amazing experience. I had just turned 18 and had always thought tattoos were great, so I got this tattoo the next day. I have gotten some more tattoos sense then but its still one of my favorite ones. I know its dumb to get band logo tattoos but Opeth pretty much got me into music and I just wanted to show my appreciation for the great material the bands put out. I have plans to make it a full sleeve.

This post has been edited by Jeff0803: May 27 2008, 01:48 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeff0803
May 27 2008, 01:44 AM
sry about the big pic haha

This post has been edited by Jeff0803: May 27 2008, 01:44 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
May 27 2008, 01:46 AM
m favorite would probably be Deliverance, its just brutal. opeth may be one of the most well rounded bands ever, the title track on deliverance still blows my mind to this day.

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: May 27 2008, 01:47 AM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
May 27 2008, 01:49 AM
I am gonna have to go with My Arms Your Hearse, unlike most. Demon of the Fall is no joke.

--------------------

+Quote Post
uberIbanez
May 27 2008, 01:59 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ May 26 2008, 08:29 PM) *
Yeah I have heard it and I like it very much, definitely buying it I just couldn't resist listening to it. Burden is an amazing song.

And I'm going to go see them thursday biggrin.gif

cool. i wish i could see them in myrtle beach, but its just to far to go from sylva, burden is awesome, i love the key solo and guitar solo, and the whole rest of the song, my favorite song from watershed is Hessian Peel though

+Quote Post
CyanideChris
May 27 2008, 02:01 AM
QUOTE (Jeff0803 @ May 27 2008, 12:44 AM) *

Absolute AMAZING tattoo man.
General band tattoos imo are quite a risk/not too spectacular but that's more than just a band tattoo. I love the bird etc and just the general feel of it.

Opeth have been one of my favourites for the last year or two now, I really can't decide which is my favourite album from them though. I don't think it's possible for me to as each album has a different sound and NONE of them have any bad songs.
Every album of theirs is my favourite in their own way.
Oh yeah and I've seen them twice smile.gif first time I saw them still is the best show I've ever been to biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by CyanideChris: May 27 2008, 02:02 AM

--------------------
ESP Horizon FR-II
ESP M-II
Ibanez UV777BK w/BK-Warpig/Coldsweat
ENGL Savage SE
Mesa Dual Rectifier (two channel)

+Quote Post
JVM
May 27 2008, 02:11 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ May 26 2008, 08:49 PM) *
I am gonna have to go with My Arms Your Hearse, unlike most. Demon of the Fall is no joke.

This is true, demon of the fall is bruuuutal!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
uberIbanez
May 27 2008, 02:15 AM
awesome tatoo man
[/quote]

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
May 27 2008, 02:33 AM
Opeth is absoltutly my favorite band of all time, ive prepared sketches of the blackwater park album cover to get a tattoo on my upper back. but its costly to get it done really well sad.gif so my favorite Opeth albums are a tie between

Blackwater Park and
Ghost Reveries

Favorite tracks

overall favorites
Blackwater Park
Bleak
Grand Conjeration

Favorite chill / Instrumental
Windowpane

Favorite BR()()tol
Demon of the Fall
Masters Apprentise smile.gif

i have refused to listen to Watershed other than Lotus Eater, just because im waiting to buy it.. since opeth gave us a free sample of Lotus eater on their site i figure its not stealing smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Jeff0803
May 27 2008, 07:47 AM
QUOTE (CyanideChris @ May 27 2008, 02:01 AM) *
Absolute AMAZING tattoo man.
General band tattoos imo are quite a risk/not too spectacular but that's more than just a band tattoo. I love the bird etc and just the general feel of it.

Thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 27 2008, 07:51 AM
Instructor
To be perfectly honest, i only really like 1 Opeth song.. The Grand Conjuration, but in return i think it's absolutely brilliant.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 27 2008, 09:22 AM
Instructor
they have some good songs in their almost albums

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 27 2008, 03:03 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Ghost Reveries is my favorite album and Ghost Of Perdition is my favorite song, Along with Hope Leaves (off of Damnation).

Ghost Of Perdition is just an amazing song all around, the riffs are great, the solos are incredible, drums and bass kick ass, then theres the vocals. The growls are as phenomenal as ever as are the clean vocals, just a beautiful song.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 27 2008, 03:19 PM
Pre Muppet biggrin.gif

I mean that arse. Whatever he is called. That big girl from Porcupine Tree? tongue.gif He does my head in. It's bad enough he has to create songs but to ruin another band is taking things too far. Opeth were supposed to be heavy like before he came in doing the mixing and whatever. I used to be a huge Opeth fan. Now I just don't like them sad.gif Is the new album heavier again or not. I heard that silly fool had nothing to do with this album.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: May 27 2008, 03:28 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Mark.
May 27 2008, 03:43 PM
I really love the Morningrise and Orchid albums ohmy.gif But all albums are great!

My favourite songs are :
Forest of October
The Apostle in triumph
Black Rose Immortal
Demon of the Fall
Serenity painted death ( that song makes me soo evil lol xD)
The lepper Affinity
The Funeral Portrait
Blackwater Park
Wreath
A Fair Judgement
Master's Apprentices
Death Whispered a Lullaby
Ending Credits
Ghost of perdition
The baying of the Hounds
Reverie/Harlequin Forest
Heir Apparent
Hessian Peel

This are the songs I would give a 10+ all other songs get atleast a 10 xD
I also could have copied the whole list of their songs xD

Btw Jeff0803 do you mind if I copy ur Opeth sign tongue.gif?

This post has been edited by Mark.: May 27 2008, 03:44 PM

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 27 2008, 05:35 PM
I love Orchid and Morningise. Those were my first Opeth albums, and I hold it dear to my heart.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:38 PM