5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Are You Making Music?
Cosmin Lupu
May 12 2014, 12:11 PM
Instructor
Ah, with the stage, well, it's always a question of how good you are with getting 'in the zone' - it's of course something that can be practiced smile.gif Zen meditation can always improve your focus power and emptying your mind. Usually, the thoughts we have and the 'constant noise' that our minds exerts on us, are the main reasons for bad states of mind smile.gif Learn to silence the mind and you will be able to put it to work in any way you want.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 12 2014, 03:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 12 2014, 08:11 AM) *
Ah, with the stage, well, it's always a question of how good you are with getting 'in the zone' - it's of course something that can be practiced smile.gif Zen meditation can always improve your focus power and emptying your mind. Usually, the thoughts we have and the 'constant noise' that our minds exerts on us, are the main reasons for bad states of mind smile.gif Learn to silence the mind and you will be able to put it to work in any way you want.

Sure! I have been searching for some meditation masters here in my city and I found two possibilities: Zen Meditation and Transcendental Meditation... based on the things that I read there I god more interest in transcendental..

What do you think guys? Anybody has experience with this?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Capasso2300
May 13 2014, 03:14 AM
GMC:er
Here is another one of my favorite originals. It's a Waltz, which is unusual. most of my songs end up in 4/4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4F_NDms5Ho

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 13 2014, 07:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 12 2014, 02:11 PM) *
Sure! I have been searching for some meditation masters here in my city and I found two possibilities: Zen Meditation and Transcendental Meditation... based on the things that I read there I god more interest in transcendental..

What do you think guys? Anybody has experience with this?

For me, Zen meditation has a lot of implications in sword fighting and since they go hand in hand, it was only natural for me to embrace it smile.gif I usually start my day in the garden (now that the weather allows it) around 07.30 and meditate using three different methods which are meant to cool down the mental activity and help in increasing focus power.

I think that everyone should try meditation - it's a wonderful way of becoming a better person and guess what - you don't need to do it for 10 hours a day. A few minutes each morning can work wonders smile.gif

Has anybody tried any such activities? If so, share your methods and of course, tell us what improvement did you feel in your life afterwards smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 13 2014, 02:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 13 2014, 03:41 AM) *
For me, Zen meditation has a lot of implications in sword fighting and since they go hand in hand, it was only natural for me to embrace it smile.gif I usually start my day in the garden (now that the weather allows it) around 07.30 and meditate using three different methods which are meant to cool down the mental activity and help in increasing focus power.

I think that everyone should try meditation - it's a wonderful way of becoming a better person and guess what - you don't need to do it for 10 hours a day. A few minutes each morning can work wonders smile.gif

Has anybody tried any such activities? If so, share your methods and of course, tell us what improvement did you feel in your life afterwards smile.gif

Interesting! I'm definitely interested in doing this. Is there some technique applied behind the meditation? Have you learnt it from anyone else?

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: May 13 2014, 02:10 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 14 2014, 08:05 AM
Instructor
I have learned some from other Zen interested people, such as my Sensei or a close friend who's a master in Reiki.

For instance, my every morning begins with the following exercises:

1) Closing my eyes and thinking of number 1 while inhaling slowly, then holding my breath and then exhaling - all while thinking of number 1. All the air must be drawn in the diaphragm not in the lungs and there's another catch. If ANY thought interferes while thinking of number 1, I have to do it again. If I get past number one, I do the same routine with number 2. If any thought arises while being at number 2, I will go back to number 1. The idea is to reach 10 without ANY thought interfering. Really, really tough one smile.gif

2) Closing my eyes and standing on one foot while breathing into the diaphragm and trying to stay still without losing balance for a minute.

3) Closing my eyes and inhaling while I count to 15 slowly, then holding my breath while counting to 15 and then slowly exhaling while counting to 15 smile.gif This one REALLY helps you focus - it's a bit weird, but imagine you are out of breath - what's the only thing you will focus on? Breathing of course - this helps you shift your focus to what you have to do faster than you would imagine.

This is what I do - if anybody has other suggestions or ideas - let's hear them smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 14 2014, 06:32 PM
Instructor
Very cool Cosmin, thanks for sharing this exercises. I will definitely try them.

Anybody else uses meditate?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
May 14 2014, 07:55 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 14 2014, 06:32 PM) *
Very cool Cosmin, thanks for sharing this exercises. I will definitely try them.

I use to try meditation. Ive used the counting method Cosmin mentioned, I always found it very difficult to empty mind so I started using a candle. I would just focus on the flame as I done the breathing.
My favourite though was a few years ago I would go running early morning. The course was through woods and up to the top of a hill. It was a tough run but when I got to the top I would just sit down, close my eyes and focus on my breathing. my heart would be beating quite hard from the run which seemed to help focus my mind. That was awesome smile.gif I miss that.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 15 2014, 07:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ May 14 2014, 06:55 PM) *
I use to try meditation. Ive used the counting method Cosmin mentioned, I always found it very difficult to empty mind so I started using a candle. I would just focus on the flame as I done the breathing.
My favourite though was a few years ago I would go running early morning. The course was through woods and up to the top of a hill. It was a tough run but when I got to the top I would just sit down, close my eyes and focus on my breathing. my heart would be beating quite hard from the run which seemed to help focus my mind. That was awesome smile.gif I miss that.

Why aren't you doing it anymore if it was so awesome? smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 14 2014, 05:32 PM) *

I'm curious on hearing your thoughts on the first experience of this kind, Gabi smile.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:02 PM