8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Gabriel Leopardi Jams With You!
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 18 2019, 01:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 18 2019, 04:32 AM) *
...aaaand it's live! This one is so cool I decided to feature it on the official GMC Youtube:

Fantastic work guys!! 😲👌

Awesome Kris!!! I’m so proud of this one guys!! I’ve enjoyed a lot doing this.

Thanks for joining! 😊

QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 18 2019, 07:38 AM) *
Amazing ! Great great great Collab !

Again bad video for my 2 take - I uploaded a new files with stratocaster
I'm disappointed again - clic on spolier

Hi mate! I’m sorry. I replaced your audio takes but as you said that you were going to play the same takes again, I thought that you didn’t record new videos.

By the way audio and video sync looks great, and your telecaster is beautiful! Also, your playing is very tasty in this one. I like that extra harmonized phrase added.

Thanks for jamming with me! 😉

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 18 2019, 03:10 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Gab

Excuse me for being unpleasant ... it's hard not to express my feeling - I'm mad mad.gif
2nd catch is shifted.

My point of view : Upload on youtube too fast,
Already almost 400 views, I understand that you do not change anything.
Nothing can comfort me now.

The way is long and difficult, you know it. it is a definite demotivation for me to watch my performance
My dream is to become as good as you and every video is important to me especially on this kind of collab

On Kris's jam it's the same. It is very disappointing.
I worked to improve my take and it is the draft that is mixed with bad audio/video files.

I don’t know if I would participate again under these conditions.
I know it’s a lot of work on the mix, but the proposal to jam with you comes from you.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MisterM: Oct 18 2019, 05:09 PM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 18 2019, 04:38 PM
GMC:er
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
Wow!!! Awesome job guys, and especially to you Gab, what an amzing piece of work by everyone!!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
LEO89PRIEST
Oct 18 2019, 06:45 PM
QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 18 2019, 02:10 PM) *
Gab

Excuse me for being unpleasant ... it's hard not to express my feeling - I'm mad mad.gif
2nd catch is shifted.

The way is long and difficult, you know it. it is a definite demotivation for me to watch my performance
My dream is to become as good as you and every video is important to me especially on this kind of collab

I worked to improve my take and it is the draft that is mixed with bad audio/video files.

I know it’s a lot of work on the mix, but the proposal to jam with you comes from you.

Hey MisterM,

Dude, you are a great guitar player. I guess we all have the dream to become as good or even better than our instructors and it definitively takes time, patience and a lot of hard work.

I think that sometimes when we post a video we have the feeling that we could have done it a bit better. When a new collab starts you know that we want to participate ASAP, but my advice is: wait a little while until you feel that you really mastered the solo you created, you feel comfortable with your tone and everything and then proceed to record your take (audio and video) and post it in the forum, one final audio take (wet and dry) and one final video.

Please don't take me wrong, just think that if you post several audio and/or video files it would be really confusing for the instructors to know which one is the "final" one.

Keep challenging yourself for the collabs to come as you do but don't forget to enjoy the process

Regards,

Angel.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Oct 18 2019, 08:11 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 18 2019, 03:10 PM) *
Gab

That would be a shame , you had a great take, we guitar players are are worst enemies, if someone is listening to this critiquing every little flaw they have missed to point ( including ourselves )

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 18 2019, 08:26 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Absolutely brilliant Gab, thank you. I don't know if others agree but, with my take at least, I like how you use similar licks and show us how I could have taken it to another level with more skill, very inspiring.

Mr M, don't be mad, you takes are great, we're never satisfied with our own work, in future just be sure that you are at least a little bit happy and then and ONLY THEN, post your FINAL video and audio. These are all about enjoying the process and being inspired by everyone wink.gif

Thanks again Gab, I'm sure we all appreciate the time and effort you put in to do these cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Madfish
Oct 18 2019, 08:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (LEO89PRIEST @ Oct 18 2019, 05:45 PM) *
Keep challenging yourself for the collabs to come as you do but don't forget to enjoy the process

That is exactly my thought. The journey is what makes you a better player, not the final mix. That's just a nice bonus. I'd still participate in these collabs even if my takes were to be dumped completely.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 18 2019, 08:54 PM
Dude sad.gif I watched the video and enjoyed it quite a bit. I didn't really notice anything wrong. Most folks watch a vid like this and don't get to kinked up about the minutia of it, they just want to hear some good music played well. As an instrumental track, this is just great IMHO. It's very listenable and enjoyable, and that's really the important thing for the viewer. They just want it to be good and it is good. I get that you want it to be perfect, but sadly, things are rarely perfect, but this video is honest to God quite good. I had no idea there were any issues at all until I read your email detailing it. If you wouldn't have said anything, I'd never have noticed and enjoyed it just the same. Please know that your playing on here is very good and you are improving every time I see you play. It's hard to not want everything to be spot on when one works hard, but whe the end result is as good as this, I don't think it's worth complaining. It's a win, take the victory lap smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 18 2019, 10:10 AM) *
Gab

2nd catch is shifted.

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Oct 19 2019, 12:31 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Sounds great! smile.gif Everyone truly did a very nice job. Proud to be a part of this one. So many nice melodic ideas and moments I enjoyed. Love the Adam/Gab arrangement. Reminds me of Marty Friedman- Introduction or Scenes in some ways.

I must applaud Sr. Leopardi for putting this all together. I can't imagine the amount of work you put into this. You compliment the takes so good and your tone is just AMAZING. Thank you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 19 2019, 04:34 AM
Well said!! Putting something like this together is very very challenging and very very time consuming. Gab you RAWK!!!!

Todd
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Oct 18 2019, 07:31 PM) *
Sounds great! smile.gif Everyone truly did a very nice job. Proud to be a part of this one. So many nice melodic ideas and moments I enjoyed. Love the Adam/Gab arrangement. Reminds me of Marty Friedman- Introduction or Scenes in some ways.

I must applaud Sr. Leopardi for putting this all together. I can't imagine the amount of work you put into this. You compliment the takes so good and your tone is just AMAZING. Thank you!

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 19 2019, 07:21 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Thanks for your support, 

I still apologize for breaking the atmosphere on this forum. 
You did a great job, the problem comes from me

Guitar is a very serious thing for me. 
A passion, a need - Sometimes I take things with too much emotion.

when I was 12, I learned guitar alone. I stopped at 18 because I did not have anyone to guide me.
When I turned 40, I discovered GMC and the light came on again.
Today I know that the road will be long, but it is traced.

On the mentor thread, Gab always asks me more and I appreciate the 
approach, because it makes me progress.. 
On this collab, I try to give the best as he teaches me. 
Why the details don't matter anymore, I don't understand ?

Hi Angel 
I agree on the principle. 
Now I'll upload the final video. 
I don’t work much improvisation and when I build sentences I like them to be successful.

Hi jstcrsrs 
Some people start the backingtrack and play one shot. 
This gives a real spontaneity and I understand that they do not seek
to correct small errors. My way of doing it is different, 
I prefer to work as I do on lessons, because that’s why I signed up for GMC 

Hi Phill66 
I agree with you, that’s what I answered to Angel, the principle of 
this new "call/response collab" is absolutely inspiring and great, 
I’d love to see my final take in this collab, but it will serve 
me as a lesson for the futur.

Hi Madfish 
yes, collabs are a bonus - however I only participate if I feel an inspiration. 
I recorded some of them that I never posted online. 

Hi Todd 
I watch the instructor videos and I’m always amazed.
I’m a perfectionistand and I would like to reach this level.
I try to get the best every time - It’s in my character, I can’t change. 
It is a quality but also a defect - I know it.

This post has been edited by MisterM: Oct 19 2019, 07:42 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 19 2019, 04:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 18 2019, 11:10 AM) *
Gab

2nd catch is shifted.

Hi mate! I'm so sorry of reading this. I honestly watched the final video once I finished mixing and editing it and I didn't notice anything wrong. All takes are beautiful and I love seeing us jamming together.

We always try our best but sometimes we fail. Please remember that the main goal of these collabs is to have fun and practice improvisation and that's what we did here!

MisterM, I apologize for this error.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 19 2019, 08:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
I thought the take in the final mix was wonderful, MisterM smile.gif One of my favorites!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 20 2019, 08:02 AM
Veteran Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 19 2019, 03:53 PM) *
Hi mate! I'm so sorry of reading this. I honestly watched the final video once I finished mixing and editing it and I didn't notice anything wrong. All takes are beautiful and I love seeing us jamming together.

We always try our best but sometimes we fail. Please remember that the main goal of these collabs is to have fun and practice improvisation and that's what we did here!

MisterM, I apologize for this error.

Hi Gab

I hope you understand my point of view.
I think you have to be patient before uploading the video.

My proposition :
1st time: Show us the video "unpublished" and ask if everyone is ok.
2d time: in live.

or

fixe the rules : one take / one shot

Let's live the adventure together until the end

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 19 2019, 07:02 PM) *
I thought the take in the final mix was wonderful, MisterM smile.gif One of my favorites!

Hi Cael

Thank you ... Nothing can comfort me, but I appreciate the compliment
Your licks are a high level, great technic/melodious/killer tone
Collab start with the bar high.

This post has been edited by MisterM: Oct 20 2019, 08:37 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 20 2019, 09:54 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 20 2019, 08:02 AM) *
My proposition :
1st time: Show us the video "unpublished" and ask if everyone is ok.
2d time: in live

I think having Gab produce the video and release it for us to check is expecting too much, he already puts a lot of work in to do the video, mixing and syncing all together so it is seamless and then, to have someone say they want to change it would be more work and even more if more than one person wants changes.

fixe the rules : one take / one shot

I wasn't aware of any rules but most people just post one video. I think this is your best option, make sure it's exactly what you want and only then post your video.

I have occasionally posted a Soundcloud file to ask Gab if it was okay but made it not available for download so it can't get mixed up.

Your take was just great buddy, I can see you improving all the time. Enjoy these collabs for what they are, a bit of fun and for some of us, the only time we get to interact with other players.

Peace

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Rids
Oct 20 2019, 05:56 PM
It was a great exchange and a lot of cool melodic ideas.

Congrats everyone. I enjpyed ALL the takes!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 21 2019, 02:27 PM
Instructor
Thanks guys for your nice comments! I can't stop listening to this track. I play the video every day and I'm proud of what we got.

Congrats everybody. It's been a big pleasure to jam with you! wub.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Oct 21 2019, 05:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Gab

I hope you understand my point of view.
I think you have to be patient before uploading the video.

then... So do you

+Quote Post
Adam
Oct 22 2019, 03:05 PM
Learning Roadie
This is the BEST Collab I've been a part of! And I'm glad I was! This is breathtaking and amazing in very aspect! Everyone did great but Gab did a wonderful job with both the responses and putting it all together!!! It's on par with Becker's Valley of Fire Collab in my book and it will be very hard to beat in our future Collabs smile.gif Compiling the video must have taken a lot of time but I can tell by watching that you enjoyed it a lot!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 24 2019, 04:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adam @ Oct 22 2019, 11:05 AM) *
This is the BEST Collab I've been a part of! And I'm glad I was! This is breathtaking and amazing in very aspect! Everyone did great but Gab did a wonderful job with both the responses and putting it all together!!! It's on par with Becker's Valley of Fire Collab in my book and it will be very hard to beat in our future Collabs smile.gif Compiling the video must have taken a lot of time but I can tell by watching that you enjoyed it a lot!

Thanks for your words mate!! Yeah, I’ve enjoyed doing this one a lot and I also think that it’s one of the coolest GMC collabs!

Thanks for joining!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:37 PM