2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Periphery/jake Sig Guitar
Todd Simpson
Sep 17 2014, 05:40 AM
GMC:er
The more I read about Jakes Sig IBBY the more I want one. Anyone ever even seen one of these in the wild? Anywhere? Anytime? I"ve NEVER seen one anywhere and I look around. sad.gif

Also, anyone ever tried these new pickups? Can't find anything about them. They are called the TITAN from Dimarzio. Sorta wonder why he designed a 6 string and not a 7? Most of Periphery is about 7 and 8 string work. Also, he's not using Bare Knuckles which is "Djent Dejour" along with an AXE FX and Spalted Maple tops smile.gif

HUGE PROPS: I have to give jake props for insisting on the LO PRO tremolo smile.gif It's my fav Ibby term and I wish they'd just use it on everything. smile.gif

He's really breaking with current Djentiness which is bold and I approve smile.gif Thus very curious about this guitar.

Link to guitar on the IBBY site
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_eg_page...&color=CL01

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 17 2014, 05:49 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 17 2014, 09:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 17 2014, 04:40 AM) *
The more I read about Jakes Sig IBBY the more I want one. Anyone ever even seen one of these in the wild? Anywhere? Anytime? I"ve NEVER seen one anywhere and I look around. sad.gif

Also, anyone ever tried these new pickups? Can't find anything about them. They are called the TITAN from Dimarzio. Sorta wonder why he designed a 6 string and not a 7? Most of Periphery is about 7 and 8 string work. Also, he's not using Bare Knuckles which is "Djent Dejour" along with an AXE FX and Spalted Maple tops smile.gif

HUGE PROPS: I have to give jake props for insisting on the LO PRO tremolo smile.gif It's my fav Ibby term and I wish they'd just use it on everything. smile.gif

He's really breaking with current Djentiness which is bold and I approve smile.gif Thus very curious about this guitar.

Link to guitar on the IBBY site
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_eg_page...&color=CL01

Attached Image

Hey Todd! This one is very nice! I have a friend who endorses Ibanez here in Romania and has tried it smile.gif He told me only good things about it!

What I'd suggest would be to contact a local dealer and ask for making a review - maybe they'll lend it to you for the review and then you will have the occasion to see how it really feels smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 20 2014, 05:18 AM
I'd sure love to do a review on this one smile.gif Can't wait to get my hands on one!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 17 2014, 04:46 AM) *
Hey Todd! This one is very nice! I have a friend who endorses Ibanez here in Romania and has tried it smile.gif He told me only good things about it!

What I'd suggest would be to contact a local dealer and ask for making a review - maybe they'll lend it to you for the review and then you will have the occasion to see how it really feels smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 20 2014, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Any chance for arranging something with the local dealer?

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 20 2014, 05:12 PM
All the best for getting the chance to make that review smile.gif I love reviews biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Cosmin, when are we gonna have your reviews in English ? smile.gif I like your PRS-es smile.gif Especially that purple one. Looks amazing !!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 21 2014, 08:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Sep 20 2014, 04:12 PM) *
All the best for getting the chance to make that review smile.gif I love reviews biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Cosmin, when are we gonna have your reviews in English ? smile.gif I like your PRS-es smile.gif Especially that purple one. Looks amazing !!

Thank Yash smile.gif Well, I will also make some english versions I guess - shooting one at the beginning of October, for the PRS SE Clint Lowery, Tremonti and Zack Myers. The reason why they are in Romanian, is that they are particularly addressed towards the Romanian market, where PRS is not that well known and my job as an endorser at this point is to expose and popularize the brand. But I will definitely come up with the English spoken versions as well smile.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 21 2014, 10:05 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 21 2014, 11:17 AM) *
Thank Yash smile.gif Well, I will also make some english versions I guess - shooting one at the beginning of October, for the PRS SE Clint Lowery, Tremonti and Zack Myers. The reason why they are in Romanian, is that they are particularly addressed towards the Romanian market, where PRS is not that well known and my job as an endorser at this point is to expose and popularize the brand. But I will definitely come up with the English spoken versions as well smile.gif

Yay! Go endorsements biggrin.gif tongue.gif Well, if PRS isn't well known over there, what is ? Don't tell me just Gibson and Fender dry.gif And, I'd really love to see that. Oh, and, I have a little request - SE Mikael Akerfaldt, SE Floyd Rose, SE Custom 24. rolleyes.gif (little tongue.gif laugh.gif ) And, do they have any single cut with 24 frets ? smile.gif Except Akerfaldt model ? And, what benefits do you get as an endorser ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 21 2014, 08:45 PM
Instructor
I'm getting a 40% off every guitar I am buying from PRS this year. The next, if the mother company decides my activity has been good with promoting PRS, most likely I'll have some more advantages, out of what I know. It's a lengthy process anyway, but I am glad I got this far... so far smile.gif Anyway, I am currently doing the reviews on the models that the dealer considers the most important, but if there'll be a chance, why not?

Aside the Ackerfeldt, I don't think there's any 24 fretted model really, but hey, who needs 24 frets? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 21 2014, 09:41 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 21 2014, 11:45 PM) *
I'm getting a 40% off every guitar I am buying from PRS this year. The next, if the mother company decides my activity has been good with promoting PRS, most likely I'll have some more advantages, out of what I know. It's a lengthy process anyway, but I am glad I got this far... so far smile.gif Anyway, I am currently doing the reviews on the models that the dealer considers the most important, but if there'll be a chance, why not?

Aside the Ackerfeldt, I don't think there's any 24 fretted model really, but hey, who needs 24 frets? biggrin.gif

40% ?? That's a lot. I wish I could get an endorsement. ANY endorsement tongue.gif Well, gotta work on it too smile.gif And, all the best smile.gif I am waiting for the Cosmin Lupu SE model tongue.gif biggrin.gif We'll have it someday smile.gif AND, I need 24 frets !!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 22 2014, 11:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Sep 21 2014, 08:41 PM) *
40% ?? That's a lot. I wish I could get an endorsement. ANY endorsement tongue.gif Well, gotta work on it too smile.gif And, all the best smile.gif I am waiting for the Cosmin Lupu SE model tongue.gif biggrin.gif We'll have it someday smile.gif AND, I need 24 frets !!! biggrin.gif

Hehe - I thought so too about the 24 frets - especially when I received the Tremonti (it has only 22 frets) but I adjusted to it very nicely and since I only play leads in that area, when I perform with my Pantera tribute band, things are quite alright biggrin.gif

Yes, if you wish to have an endorsement, you have to become interesting for a company - that means you must have a big following (fan base) and be a center of influence, either online or offline. That means, that when you say or do something, you influence a large number of folks smile.gif Basically a musician does that by playing/writing music, but you can also become a know gear commentator or a skilled guitar coach - there are plenty of options smile.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 22 2014, 04:49 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 22 2014, 02:53 PM) *
Hehe - I thought so too about the 24 frets - especially when I received the Tremonti (it has only 22 frets) but I adjusted to it very nicely and since I only play leads in that area, when I perform with my Pantera tribute band, things are quite alright biggrin.gif

Yes, if you wish to have an endorsement, you have to become interesting for a company - that means you must have a big following (fan base) and be a center of influence, either online or offline. That means, that when you say or do something, you influence a large number of folks smile.gif Basically a musician does that by playing/writing music, but you can also become a know gear commentator or a skilled guitar coach - there are plenty of options smile.gif

Gear commentators are great biggrin.gif But, I would rather want to be the musician who plays and writes music and stuff smile.gif But, gear commentator, also a nice job smile.gif I would probably be happier doing the second ? laugh.gif But, yes, Being a musician is all I want to do right now smile.gif Cosmin, how do you build a fan following in days when rap ''rules'' ? dry.gif No one likes rock and metal. Metalists and rockers are rare dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 23 2014, 10:55 AM
Instructor
Oh, no they aren't believe me smile.gif You have to make sure you have good material prepared as a player - videos on Youtube and audio samples on SoundCloud maybe? In that way you will have materials which need to be updated on a regular basis. Also, pics with you doing all sorts of things and movies in which folks can see how you work on the music you create smile.gif All these will slowly gather a fan base - it's a lengthy process, but it has to begin from a certain point, right? The first one is the gear - you need to find your way around recording properly (by the way, I am expecting that recording when you are ready biggrin.gif) and then learning a song from A to Z which you can record - a simple one to begin with. You want a great recording - so try to focus on one which is decent to tackle at this moment in time smile.gif Don't be greedy, ok? We'll discuss this philosophy further along the way, but first things first, get that video/audio recording up so we can see it.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 23 2014, 10:16 PM
Some great advice smile.gif Once of the best ways to build an audience is to look to folks who have already done it and try to learn from their example. Ola Englund is a good example of someone who used gear videos to create and audience which led to him being recruited to play HUGE festival concerts with SIX FEET UNDER and now THE HAUNTED.

So the trick is to build an audience. Doing it with just music is hard but not impossible. It just takes time. Usually several years of daily effort. Putting up material on social media, interacting with anyone that comments etc.

Doing gear vids is just another way to get eyeballs and then a chance to let them hear your music. Sure, everyone would like to just play guitar and write music and have the audience just show up. But often, it takes more than that.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 23 2014, 05:55 AM) *
Oh, no they aren't believe me smile.gif You have to make sure you have good material prepared as a player - videos on Youtube and audio samples on SoundCloud maybe? In that way you will have materials which need to be updated on a regular basis. Also, pics with you doing all sorts of things and movies in which folks can see how you work on the music you create smile.gif All these will slowly gather a fan base - it's a lengthy process, but it has to begin from a certain point, right? The first one is the gear - you need to find your way around recording properly (by the way, I am expecting that recording when you are ready biggrin.gif) and then learning a song from A to Z which you can record - a simple one to begin with. You want a great recording - so try to focus on one which is decent to tackle at this moment in time smile.gif Don't be greedy, ok? We'll discuss this philosophy further along the way, but first things first, get that video/audio recording up so we can see it.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 24 2014, 07:02 PM
Instructor
Todd gave you the best example - Ola Englund smile.gif But I will tell you something else - you need to see behind the scenes: determination, patience and belief are some of the key factors that will get you through your mission smile.gif As I said, start with making sure your video and audio quality is as best as possible for your current gear and make sure your first recording will be played as nice as possible on the recording smile.gif As we discussed before in your thread, as well wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 5 2014, 07:17 AM
Cosmin is spot on per usual!!! Determination and patience are you best friends. You gotta have both to make it through all the noise. RYAN BRUCE A.K.A. "Fluff" is another good example. He's not a "brilliant" player but he puts up good videos very consistently and has grown a HUGE following.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 24 2014, 02:02 PM) *
Todd gave you the best example - Ola Englund smile.gif But I will tell you something else - you need to see behind the scenes: determination, patience and belief are some of the key factors that will get you through your mission smile.gif As I said, start with making sure your video and audio quality is as best as possible for your current gear and make sure your first recording will be played as nice as possible on the recording smile.gif As we discussed before in your thread, as well wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 5 2014, 12:40 PM
Instructor
The idea here is that this is also a personal interior journey - you will slowly find out who you are smile.gif You can realize you are a brilliant player, a great educator, a fine video editor, all of them combined and so on. The idea is to start and see how things are going along the way - always listen to what people have to say and try to draw conclusions based on how you filter information. The final decisions must always be yours, but as I said, start somewhere and then adapt along the way. That is pretty much the key to success in life in general, as I see it.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 13 2014, 04:09 AM
Well Said!!!! That's a very concise way to sum up a lifetimes worth of experience to be honest.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 5 2014, 07:40 AM) *
The idea here is that this is also a personal interior journey - you will slowly find out who you are smile.gif You can realize you are a brilliant player, a great educator, a fine video editor, all of them combined and so on. The idea is to start and see how things are going along the way - always listen to what people have to say and try to draw conclusions based on how you filter information. The final decisions must always be yours, but as I said, start somewhere and then adapt along the way. That is pretty much the key to success in life in general, as I see it.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 15 2014, 07:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 13 2014, 03:09 AM) *
Well Said!!!! That's a very concise way to sum up a lifetimes worth of experience to be honest.

Thank you Todd smile.gif I was having a very interesting discussion with my martial arts Sensei last week and we both concluded that the younger generation has no clue about who they really are and what they are good at. At least in here, the educational system and the general attitude towards personal development, are faulty in not budging people to seek their own path. There are far too many doctors and lawyers having their job chosen not by their hearts and own will, but by their parents... Find out who you are and you'll be a happy fellow all your life, doing what you do best!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 16 2014, 06:09 AM
Your sensei NAILED IT!! smile.gif

As the oracle said in THE MATRIX.

"Gnothi seauton"
(Know thyself)

Attached Image

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 15 2014, 02:33 AM) *
Thank you Todd smile.gif I was having a very interesting discussion with my martial arts Sensei last week and we both concluded that the younger generation has no clue about who they really are and what they are good at. At least in here, the educational system and the general attitude towards personal development, are faulty in not budging people to seek their own path. There are far too many doctors and lawyers having their job chosen not by their hearts and own will, but by their parents... Find out who you are and you'll be a happy fellow all your life, doing what you do best!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 16 2014, 07:39 AM
Instructor
I had no clue about this expression, but it is VERY true and I realized how much amazingly good energy that talk gave me. I never had the time to talk to Sensei that much, as I had last Thursday when we met at an event I was attenting and he was a speaker there. We had about 2 hours to chit chat over a coffee and it felt incredibly great.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:59 PM