I Have A Question With The Distortion
Flame Dragon
Apr 13 2007, 05:12 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys, I'm a newbie so I don't know much about guitar.
I have an electric guitar and a metal muff pedal
Here's its picture:
http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics.../7/8/398278.jpg
I think this one is a pretty good pedal.

But when I play my guitar with the distortion on, it was like ... hmm I don't really know how to explain it. Let me say this way, when I play only one string, it sound very good. but when I play like 2 string together, it's a little hard to hear the sound, three strings together, harder to hear the sound and so on.
If I play 6 strings separately, but it's like really fast, like the sound of the first string I played still loud and I play second string, then third string, I completely cannot hear the sound of the string, just the sound of distortion only. When I ask 1 of my friend, he said maybe it's because of the amplifier. I was planing to get a new big amplifier, so will it make my sound better?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
beebo
Apr 13 2007, 09:41 PM
QUOTE (Flame Dragon @ Apr 13 2007, 08:12 AM) *
Hey guys, I'm a newbie so I don't know much about guitar.
I have an electric guitar and a metal muff pedal
Here's its picture:
http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics.../7/8/398278.jpg
I think this one is a pretty good pedal.

But when I play my guitar with the distortion on, it was like ... hmm I don't really know how to explain it. Let me say this way, when I play only one string, it sound very good. but when I play like 2 string together, it's a little hard to hear the sound, three strings together, harder to hear the sound and so on.
If I play 6 strings separately, but it's like really fast, like the sound of the first string I played still loud and I play second string, then third string, I completely cannot hear the sound of the string, just the sound of distortion only. When I ask 1 of my friend, he said maybe it's because of the amplifier. I was planing to get a new big amplifier, so will it make my sound better?

This happens to a lot of people I think. Sometimes my pedal does it to me and it's a nice pedal!
Does your guitar have tone knobs, volume knob and what looks like a liitle pole coming out of your guitar that you can move up and down? well move that all the way toward you then go 1 exactly down but if it goes halfway then you've gone to far. you want it right in between there. It won't do much but it'll make it a little cleaner and you won't get as much action from the neck.
p.s. You might not be able to move your little (what looks like a mini pole) where I said it could go.
Some guitars only have three movable position. I have a Fender and mine has 5 little sections and I'd keep my guitar any day!
good luck and hope it helps.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Flame Dragon
Apr 14 2007, 05:34 AM
my guitar has 5 little sections as you said and also have 1 volume knob and 2 tone knobs
I tried as you said, put the little thing in the second section, and the sound is better.
Thanks for the guide smile.gif
But how about the amplifier? Is it better if I get a better amplifier?

+Quote Post
beebo
Apr 14 2007, 06:46 PM
What kind of guitar do you have and oh yea I have a fender so it's kind of a blues guitar and I use it for any rock and it fits me perfect.
You can try another amp but with your muff try turning to overdrive ( if you have it) and
turn you gain and volume down to about half way with the vouldme and just about 5% to the left of the volume put your gain. Hope it helps. Respond if you get anything or not! wink.gif

p.s. Glad i helped you a little bit! That for some reason motivated me cause maybe I do know a little about guitar! lol laugh.gif

This post has been edited by beebo: Apr 14 2007, 06:47 PM

+Quote Post
Flame Dragon
Apr 15 2007, 03:43 PM
I have an electric ashland guitar.
My pedal doesn't have the overdriven
And about the volume, I tried as you sad but it's still bad ...

+Quote Post
n0x
Apr 15 2007, 05:18 PM
Perhaps your guitar is not in tune? smile.gif. Or it could be because of ur equalization settings on the amp or pedal. Fiddle around with those, and try turning the distortion down a notch or two.

Hope this helps ;].

//edit: As for your amp.. It is very unlikely that its the amp fault. Probably just the amp settings or the pedal settings. Fiddle around as much as possible and you willfind something that works for you. Make sure your guitar is in tune, too.

This post has been edited by n0x: Apr 15 2007, 05:20 PM

+Quote Post
beebo
Apr 15 2007, 05:49 PM
QUOTE (n0x @ Apr 15 2007, 08:18 AM) *
Perhaps your guitar is not in tune? smile.gif. Or it could be because of ur equalization settings on the amp or pedal. Fiddle around with those, and try turning the distortion down a notch or two.

Hope this helps ;].

//edit: As for your amp.. It is very unlikely that its the amp fault. Probably just the amp settings or the pedal settings. Fiddle around as much as possible and you willfind something that works for you. Make sure your guitar is in tune, too.

Also make sure ur guitar is in the right tuning
(usually E,A,D,G,B,E) -normal tuning! hope it helps biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 15 2007, 09:42 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
When you play with your Metal Muff make sure you have switched to the CLEAN channel of your amp, not the distorted one.

+Quote Post
Flame Dragon
Apr 18 2007, 05:36 AM
yeah, I put my strings in the standard tune. Also I put my amp on the clean mode already ... I tried every knob in the amp also the pedal but I can't find and mode that work for me sad.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 18 2007, 09:41 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Can you post a sound clip of it?

+Quote Post
Flame Dragon
Apr 18 2007, 03:14 PM
ok, this weekend when I have time I will record the sound and also the pictures of the pedal and amp.
Thank guys

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:54 PM