Free Lick...quick Lick #1 :), rock'n'roll shuffle
Darius Wave
Sep 5 2013, 07:52 PM
Instructor
Just had some fun making experiments on the rock'n'roll shuffle grooves. Here is some short lick You could Use on the C major or C-Major with minor 7 chords in blues. I wanted to copy cort of piano feeling and smothnes...that's why it's based on legato. Shuffle is like triplet without a middle note smile.gif Straight 16th notes licks usually don't make any good in this sort of style but triplets with good accents work well smile.gif Try it on Your own smile.gif

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Hajduk
Sep 5 2013, 08:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thank you Darius smile.gif for cool lick.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 5 2013, 09:24 PM
Instructor
Of course the tempo is not important smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 6 2013, 12:20 AM
Learning Rock Star
Cool and nice lick, which can actually be played in several ways. Up to speed, slower, with even with a shuffle feel in the lick itself etc. Think it sort of misses an end to it though, just back to the C or whatever one might feel like doing. Who knows, I might end up using it at some time biggrin.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 6 2013, 08:17 AM
Instructor
I tried it in C7 and D7 switch so the ending G note was a dirrect connection to F# note which start another secion of notes for D7 chord smile.gif Honestly when licks end on the root note sometimes they all sound like a "finish of the phrase" and I have to fix the ending so it could lead somewhere else smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 6 2013, 11:00 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 6 2013, 09:17 AM) *
I tried it in C7 and D7 switch so the ending G note was a dirrect connection to F# note which start another secion of notes for D7 chord smile.gif Honestly when licks end on the root note sometimes they all sound like a "finish of the phrase" and I have to fix the ending so it could lead somewhere else smile.gif

Absolutely. I think that was what I meant. I think it could be a good idea for people to actually "keep going" when they share a lick. That's not a critique as such by the way. Was just a thought. Or at least showing more of a context. Just a thought...that I might have to think more about to get to make even more sense. laugh.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 6 2013, 01:20 PM
Instructor
Ha ha...the more You write the less I undestand biggrin.gif Just joking biggrin.gif Didn't felt like critique smile.gif You just cought the right concept smile.gif I always had a feeling like most of the licks are done like there is nothing to play after smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:25 AM