Megadeth, Live at Arenan, Stockholm, Sweden.
KRmachine
Feb 7 2008, 05:27 PM
GMC:er
Due to unforeseen circumstances I missed the opening acts, so I can't comment on them.

The set list was as follows (as I can remember, not 100% sure about the songs or the order):

Sleepwalker
Take no Prisoners
Wake Up Dead
Washington Is Next!
Kick The Chair
In My Darkest Hour
Hangar 18
Gears Of War
A Tout Le Monde
Tornado of Souls
Never Walk Alone
Symphony Of Destruction
Trust
Peace Sells
Burnt Ice
Holy Wars

This was a great show. I have no complaints about the set list, it mixed the old classics with songs from the newest album. Unfortunately the sound quality was so/so, I've heard better. That's only a minor nitpick though. Dave was in great shape, his voice sounded good and he nailed every solo, I've had doubts about his playing in the past but he erased all of them today.

Chris Broderick was the one who impressed me the most though, the guy has been in the band for 3 weeks and he played all the solos note for note from the albums, Including Hangar 18 and Tornado of Souls! He missed a few notes here and there but for 2 weeks this is incredible, I just wish I'd seen them later on in the tour instead so he has time to really nail everything.

The newest album itself is fantastic, I'd say it's almost up to the level of Rust in Peace, and if you haven't checked it out yet, do so now!
So, final words: If you have a chance to see Megadeth this tour you really should. They'll put on a hell of a show, I'll vouch for it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Feb 8 2008, 03:06 AM
Wow! Must have a great show, atleast the playlist seems super! blink.gif IMO with lucretia it would have been perfect.

It was monday or sunday, when they were in helsinki, and I'm really bummed that I missed them there, but maybe next time. sad.gif

Was Dave using his new Angel of Death?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
KRmachine
Feb 8 2008, 04:17 AM
Yep, he used three different guitars, one of them being the Angel of Deth, and it looked great.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 8 2008, 03:05 PM
Cool. I saw them twice on the last tour and met the band but would love to have seen them again unfortunately it has sold out here sad.gif

Glad you enjoyed gig.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 8 2008, 11:23 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I Saw them in on the last 2 GIGANTOURs, amazing shows!!!!

+Quote Post
stratman33
Feb 18 2008, 11:34 PM
Looked like a good setlist, must have been a great show.

EDIT:typo

This post has been edited by stratman33: Feb 18 2008, 11:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
Feb 18 2008, 11:37 PM
I saw them last summer!! I think i said that thousand times but anyways...I got Dave Mustaine's pick from that gig biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 19 2008, 04:16 AM
Instructor
You make me remeber the time that I saw Megadeth with Marty Friedman in Orlando in 1999 (I live in Argentina)!! It was my first time and it was awesome. The rocked that time!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Mar 18 2008, 10:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 19 2008, 04:16 AM) *
You make me remeber the time that I saw Megadeth with Marty Friedman in Orlando in 1999 (I live in Argentina)!! It was my first time and it was awesome. The rocked that time!

You are mad!!!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:52 PM