7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
**citizens Failure**, Uploads
skennington
Jun 7 2008, 10:25 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
We could certainly use it down the road if you guys like.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick325
Jun 7 2008, 10:28 PM
GMC:er
i like it skennington

well it looks like all the parts are taken so i guess i wont be in on this one

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 7 2008, 10:28 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (skennington @ Jun 7 2008, 10:25 PM) *
We could certainly use it down the road if you guys like.

I'd love to. I'll have a play around with it tomorrow and see if i can come up with anything. smile.gif I think it'd be great to write our own song when weve finished you give love a bad name. smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 7 2008, 10:35 PM
QUOTE (Nick325 @ Jun 7 2008, 05:28 PM) *
i like it skennington

well it looks like all the parts are taken so i guess i wont be in on this one

Nick, I'll do the intro and work with Bondy on the vocals. ( I'm getting a mic so will see how I sound. tongue.gif ) You take the first verse and the first chorus. Matt, you take the 2nd verse and the 2nd chorus

Bondy will do the solo and outro, sound like a plan?

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jun 7 2008, 10:44 PM
Learning Roadie
Sounds sweet to me

Skenny forgot to say if you want the intro part to sound more like Richie Sambora use and octava only for the first solo part up until the first riff.

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 7 2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks man, I'll try that. These actives are tuff to tame!

Bondy, you talking about a Mic? In gearbox, I can only switch from axis,dynamic, or condersor. Been using the condensor.

Can I add it in the effects chain in reaper?

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jun 7 2008, 11:00 PM
Learning Roadie
No Skenny he uses a Boss octave pedal to get that thick sound on the opening solo and the main solo which give it extra high octave overtones you should be able to get a octave pedal setting in gearbox look under effects. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 7 2008, 11:33 PM
10-4. I'll try fooling around with the sub-octave box. Don't know if i'm going to get that thick tone out of these EMG's but i'll try. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jun 8 2008, 01:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Guys just tried something out for the solo not perfect yet but getting there let me know what you think of the sound i thought something a bit different for the ending would be cool fast foward to around 2.16mins
Attached File  yougivelovesolo1.mp3 ( 3.42MB ) Number of downloads: 179

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 8 2008, 02:16 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Nice smile.gif I like the sound it's very bassy, the guitar's a bit quiet though.

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jun 8 2008, 02:17 PM
Learning Roadie
thats np can turn it up abit how i will check it the level was fine when recording

yep it is a bit quite will mess around with the levels a bit

This post has been edited by Bondy: Jun 8 2008, 02:20 PM

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 8 2008, 02:52 PM
Liked it Bondy. Listening through studio monitors it kinda reminded me of a voice box, similar to the intro of living on a prayer.Might need to brighten it up just a bit. Might sound cool adding a little wah to it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jun 8 2008, 03:28 PM
Learning Roadie
well spotted Skenny it is a talkbox setting on my korg will also try some wah

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 8 2008, 04:59 PM
hey guys, see if this sounds a little fatter. Still got to get the bends a little crisper... laugh.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Bad_Name_Intro_Neck.mp3 ( 495.08K ) Number of downloads: 163

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jun 8 2008, 05:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Sounding much better Skenny

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 8 2008, 05:07 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Sounds good, i would put a bit more mids in it but thats just my opinion, if you like the sound keep it.

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 8 2008, 05:59 PM
Recorded this take with the 85. It has a little warmer tone. I'll try and add a little more mid. I actually took some out but the DAW hear's a little different than we do.

Nick, where you at bro? We want you in on this one. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 8 2008, 06:07 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Here's the 2nd verse and chorus. smile.gif I learnt the version 1 tab first by mistake and there's some bits in it i think sound better than the version2 tab, so mainly the bit leading up to the chorus is a bit different to the ver2 tab so if you want me to change it just say.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  you_give_love_a_bad_name_2wbt.mp3 ( 2.32MB ) Number of downloads: 152
Attached File  you_give_love_a_bad_name_2nobt.mp3 ( 2.32MB ) Number of downloads: 138

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jun 8 2008, 06:11 PM
Learning Roadie
Thats sound's freeking awesome matt good job

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 8 2008, 06:15 PM
Yes Indeed man! I like that a bit better. One thing you might want to do is back off the prescence just a bit. Might eliminate some of the string slide. smile.gif If not, works for me. cool.gif We need to get Nick to work off of that tab as well so it will sound the same.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:45 AM