Tuning?
Marco Fattori
Mar 29 2010, 10:18 PM
GMC:er
Okay so I'm interested to transcribe this song, its ridiculously hard to tab out by ear, but the problem is I don't know what tuning it might be in.

The Band "Deluhi" song name "Ivory and Irony" They used to be in drop c# standard, but now they play in Drop C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evAmHLfhdEk

I can guess on Drop C# Standard, being one and a half steps down dropping the C# to a B. Its either that or a very heavy tone, listen around the chorus of the song how heavy it sounds. Generally the song is very muffled and is almost impossible to transcribe. :[

Coud you let me know what tuning it might be in?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Zsolt Galambos
Mar 30 2010, 10:31 AM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Hi there!

I checked the song, and it seemes that the key of the song is C#m, but the tuning seemes to be dropped A. It is such a low tuned note that it's hard to be recognised. First it seemed to be dropped C#, but if you listen carefully, you can hear that low A in there.

Hope that I'm right with this one... smile.gif

Cheers

QUOTE (Marco Fattori @ Mar 29 2010, 10:18 PM) *
Okay so I'm interested to transcribe this song, its ridiculously hard to tab out by ear, but the problem is I don't know what tuning it might be in.

The Band "Deluhi" song name "Ivory and Irony" They used to be in drop c# standard, but now they play in Drop C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evAmHLfhdEk

I can guess on Drop C# Standard, being one and a half steps down dropping the C# to a B. Its either that or a very heavy tone, listen around the chorus of the song how heavy it sounds. Generally the song is very muffled and is almost impossible to transcribe. :[

Coud you let me know what tuning it might be in?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:18 AM