> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Kimiko's Blues'n'bends
Cosmin Lupu
May 9 2013, 07:21 AM
Instructor
Hey man - we'll talk in English here, but this is your very own, personal thread in which we will deal with your guitar playing development wink.gif

For starting out, I'd be curious on listening to a recording of yours after going through one of these lessons here:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...loing-beginner/

I'm interested in seeing how accurate and expressive you are with your bends and timing smile.gif Step by step, we'll go through a lot of bluesy stuff and the more you record and listen to yourself, the better you'll become.

Do we have a deal here, my fellow countryman?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kimiko
May 9 2013, 09:08 AM
GMC:er
Lemme just say that this IS awesome!! biggrin.gif

Can't wait to start these lessons, i promise i'll get on them as soon as possible, once i'm finished i'll let you know and keep you posted.

Thanks for this once again. biggrin.gif

Andrei

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 10 2013, 07:45 AM
Instructor
Looking forward to that mate!

+Quote Post
Kimiko
May 11 2013, 07:48 PM
Weeell...managed to record it finally..
To my surprise is wasn't as easy as i'd expected it to be. I seem to have some trouble when recording haha biggrin.gif
I get in position, rehears it(sounds decent), i press record then...boom starts sounding bad smile.gif) I'm sure that'll go away soon.

Anyway here's the recording, it's not perfect , it's not as good as i'd want it to be, i might have done the turnaround a half step higher than i was supposed to unsure.gif and i could probably do better after a few more tries but ehh smile.gif

Cheers!
Andrei

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Voice00023.mp3 ( 536.63K ) Number of downloads: 180

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 12 2013, 07:42 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! This doesn't sound bad at all! here are my suggestions:

- watch out for the bend at 0:11 as it's slightly under the pitch- the same for 0:15 and 0:20, 0:23, 0:27
- the part around 0:27 - 0:30 sounds a bit muddy and undefined

I think you should re-record this whole piece slower at first, because you have the tendency of not hitting the aimed for notes when bending and I think this is essential regardless of the style you will be playing.

Please re-record after taking care of the mentioned spots.

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Kimiko
May 13 2013, 06:45 AM
Right...i'll do just that...
First i'll work it out at a slower tempo and gradually raise it as it sounds better.

As for the around 0:27 - 0:30...well that one is kind of giving me trouble as it is now but i'll just keep at it until i get it right. smile.gif

I hope not to disappoint. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 13 2013, 07:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kimiko @ May 13 2013, 05:45 AM) *
Right...i'll do just that...
First i'll work it out at a slower tempo and gradually raise it as it sounds better.

As for the around 0:27 - 0:30...well that one is kind of giving me trouble as it is now but i'll just keep at it until i get it right. smile.gif

I hope not to disappoint. smile.gif

Good morning Andrei - there is no such thing as disappointment here smile.gif We are all here to learn and this is a part of the experience, ok? No worries at all my friend, just play it slow and as close to perfection as possible, focusing on the suggestions that I've made and post it here, ok?

+Quote Post
Kimiko
May 13 2013, 02:19 PM
Hey Cosmin,

I was wondering if you could give me some tips or method on how to improve my bending. As far as i can tell from your personal feedback and my own analysis, my bends are tense, so is my had when performing them, maybe you could help me with some advice on exercises than i can practice. Also it would be suuuper cool if you could help me understand a bit the technique of bending and fast picking. I see a lot of great guitar players combining bends and then some fast picking or vice-versa (Like Gary Moore, Clapton and many others)

Another idea that just stroke me...i've noticed that i have a tendency to use my pinky when doing a bend on the B and high- E string. Due to the lack of strength in that finger, it's a possible reason why those bends don't reach the desired note (be it a full step bend for instance). Should i use my ring finger for it? I see a lot of guitar players using both methods depending on several stuff (either the nature of the solo or sheer comfort).

One thing i am certain i desperately need to work on the rigidity of my hand. Holding it too loose will cut my speed, holding it too tense will make it sound muddy and undefined as you clearly noticed. smile.gif

Thanks a bunch,
Andrei

+Quote Post
Kimiko
May 13 2013, 08:38 PM
Well i had another go at it...i tried to focus on the things you said but i donno i just can't get a nice clean recording. I'm bound to screw some part up.. smile.gif

So there you go another 2 tries...combine them and i think you'll get a decent one...haha biggrin.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Take_2.mp3 ( 513.13K ) Number of downloads: 165
Attached File  Take_3.mp3 ( 500.63K ) Number of downloads: 159

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 14 2013, 01:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kimiko @ May 13 2013, 07:38 PM) *
Well i had another go at it...i tried to focus on the things you said but i donno i just can't get a nice clean recording. I'm bound to screw some part up.. smile.gif

So there you go another 2 tries...combine them and i think you'll get a decent one...haha biggrin.gif

Hey mate - I think that your guitar is a bit out of tune in both takes and it sounds like your first take was better than these two. Stay tuned for a little video I am posting in an hour or so, regarding your questions, ok?

+Quote Post
Kimiko
May 14 2013, 01:40 PM
Out of tune you say? Hmmm...i seriously hope not although listening again it does feel like it...i'll keep on it, i'll middle with the amp settings also...
I seriously hope it's not the strings...changing strings on a Floyd Rose is annoying biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Looking forward to your video... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 14 2013, 02:37 PM
Instructor
Here we go mate:

+Quote Post
Kimiko
May 14 2013, 05:30 PM
Heeeey that's exactly what i need... biggrin.gif

Thanks so much i'll get right on the technique exercise.

Thanks a bunch for all the help and support Cosmin.

Edit: This is getting really really frustrating... dry.gif
I tried to get it right a bunch of times and tried recording for about 2 hours now (press record, play, stop record, notice it sounds bad, repeat for 2 hours straight). The result? no where near satisfactory, apart from hurting fingers...i'll post what i have so far (as in the least bad version from them all)...maybe tomorrow i guess.. sad.gif

Keep you posted.

This post has been edited by Kimiko: May 14 2013, 08:38 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Take_n_n_1_....mp3 ( 508.63K ) Number of downloads: 173

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 15 2013, 07:57 AM
Instructor
Hey Andrei, it sounds a bit better - the bends sound more in pitch, but those phrases that were blurry before aren't yet taken care of. Mate, listen - progress doesn't happen over night. Your body needs time to adapt and you should give it to it. The key to progress lies in patience and time well spent practicing. Work on the exercises I gave you and rehearse the lesson now and then but without making this thing a competition, ok? You are on a journey not in a race smile.gif

In the mean time, why not try some blues rhythm in order to keep things diverse and not dive into an ocean of frustration smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Whitesnake-Blues-Rhythm/

This will work both your rhythm and articulation skills wink.gif What say you?

+Quote Post
Kimiko
May 15 2013, 08:28 AM
Sweet, i'll get on it. smile.gif

Quick question though. I notice it's in the Key of Eb. My guitar has a Floyd bridge and is currently tuned in standard tuning.
So my options are sort of limited:
- I either change my tuning to half step down. (It should take around 30 minutes at least)
- Don't change the tuning and just transpose it by a half step down. (ex: playing a F#5 instead of a G5 and so on )
- Don't change the tuning and just put a capo on the first fret and play regularly (This might be the easiest way to do it)

Which one of these do you recommend? Or perhaps you have another recommendation? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 15 2013, 08:32 AM
Instructor
This is why I hate floyd bridges smile.gif laugh.gif

The option that would provide the best result would be to change the tuning - although it would be easier to raise the pitch of the backing track using a little software called 'The amazing slowdowner' - it allows you to detune, uptune and slow down or speed up anything without losing quality wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kimiko
May 15 2013, 08:49 AM
Ahh sweet i'll look into that...
Last thing (hope it's the last thing i need clarification on biggrin.gif)...Pick harmonics..I sort of know what they are, I've even played a few during my lead guitar journey, but i haven't got the basics straight as of yet. I know it's produced by your thumb gently touching the string right after picking it but i've never been able to actually make it squeal with the low E, A strings...most successful were the G and B strings.

Could you give me some magic wisdom senpai? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 16 2013, 08:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kimiko @ May 15 2013, 07:49 AM) *
Ahh sweet i'll look into that...
Last thing (hope it's the last thing i need clarification on biggrin.gif)...Pick harmonics..I sort of know what they are, I've even played a few during my lead guitar journey, but i haven't got the basics straight as of yet. I know it's produced by your thumb gently touching the string right after picking it but i've never been able to actually make it squeal with the low E, A strings...most successful were the G and B strings.

Could you give me some magic wisdom senpai? biggrin.gif

Hello there my friend smile.gif Of course, a video would be more explicit than a bunch of words so stay tuned today wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kimiko
May 16 2013, 09:29 AM
You're the best! biggrin.gif
Thanks smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 16 2013, 02:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kimiko @ May 16 2013, 08:29 AM) *
You're the best! biggrin.gif
Thanks smile.gif

Thank you for your kind thoughts mate!

Here ya go:

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:54 AM