Great Yt Channel
Phil66
Aug 29 2019, 09:04 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello folks,

I've found a great YT channel for people struggling to follow where they are when improvising, trying to follow chords etc. I haven't looked at everything yet so I don't know how many tempos there are, but it will help you to practise developing a sense of time by using the visual count on the screen. You'll understand what I mean if you watch the video below.

After a few bars of very simple beats he does add a little bit more.

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/4y7u1FtMCdk

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 29 2019, 09:04 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 29 2019, 10:48 PM
GMC:er
Good stuff thanks for the share!!
Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 29 2019, 04:04 PM) *
Hello folks,

I've found a great YT channel for people struggling to follow where they are when improvising, trying to follow chords etc. I haven't looked at everything yet so I don't know how many tempos there are, but it will help you to practise developing a sense of time by using the visual count on the screen. You'll understand what I mean if you watch the video below.

After a few bars of very simple beats he does add a little bit more.

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/4y7u1FtMCdk

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Skalde
Aug 30 2019, 02:07 AM
Learning Roadie
I use these from time to time, too. They are a great help smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 5 2019, 06:28 PM
Instructor
That's a very cool idea for practicing mate. Thanks for sharing!

Phil is using this at the mentoring program for Blues improvisation practice: HERE.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 5 2019, 07:35 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Gab,

It is a great help and the more I use it the more I get a feel for the measures (bars). It's a slow process, for me anyway, but this does help if you're one of those people, like me, who when learning to improvise, following the chords and using different scales/shapes and arpeggios over each chord.

In the early stages of doing this I am finding it all too much to think about and lose track of where I am in a bar, and even harder, is keeping track of where I am in a 12 bar progression.

Because this system uses the measure/bar number as count 1, for example on bar twelve it displays 12, 2, 3, 4 it's a great way to train your mind.

Give it a whirl wink.gif

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:26 PM