Ok, Im Gonna Need Some Opinions...
muntahunta
Mar 13 2008, 11:24 PM
Learning Roadie
right... at the end of next month im going to have around £500 (about $1000) to spend...

the problem is... i have an acoustic guitar (which is just for fun), i have an ibanez with seymour duncans, an epi lespaul with EMG's, a POD XT and an X3.

the only thing left is bass and drums...

i have a load of choice (new guitar/pickups, new effects, new amp, etc) but my cousin is moving out next month too and were turning his room into a proper studio... currently i have an M-Audio delta 66 plugged into my home computer for my studio (regular speakers)... i also have cubase and a few VST instrements (bass/drums/orchestra)

so my question is this... what should i buy with my £500/$1000... just list what you would buy in my situation tongue.gif

i'd like electric drums but not sure if i can get anything worthwhile for that kind of money. if i were to buy a bass however i wouldnt need an amp as it would only be used for studio stuff and i have the X3.
although my friend has a few basses so i COULD lend his if i really wanted too... but it wouldnt be mine tongue.gif

so many choices!!!

i could go with some studio equipment too, new soundcard/studio monitors/mixer/etc)

i really need some help for this tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by muntahunta: Mar 13 2008, 11:37 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Mar 13 2008, 11:27 PM
Instructor
you can use your amp also for the bass even its for lead guitar so guitar bass are cousins. would be better to go to the bass.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Mar 13 2008, 11:36 PM
Learning Roadie
(also, forgot to mention... my friend has a few basses so i COULD lend his if i really wanted too... but it wouldnt be mine tongue.gif (post edited to say this))

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Mar 14 2008, 12:04 AM
Instructor
also i see better to start learning bass beside the guitar it will be faster for you and easier cause the theory mostly same things

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 14 2008, 11:53 AM
Instructor
Instead of drums I would by studio equipment, firstly good MIDI controller (300$) and monitors (for as much money you can).
Second I would by a decent bass guitar for sure, something like 400-500$.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Mar 14 2008, 01:14 PM
Instructor
I would go for good studio monitors, for that money you can get decent ones.. and they are the most important part of the studio because there's no use of other equipment if you cannot hear it accurately smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 06:57 AM