Thank You Gmc
Ryan
Aug 21 2007, 02:43 PM
GMC:er
Wow well i got my first guitar student biggrin.gif. Its my friend Jimmie with an IE at the end biggrin.gif. I loned him my fake strat and my little mini amp so he could play. I was teaching him power chords, and how to hold the pick, and the different postions of holding the guitar!! I taught him also smoke on the water HAHA had to do it. Everybody learns it mostly for the first song. But its because of that its because it will help him get more of a feel for the guitar. And its really easy a monkey could do it!! But I dropped some tabs off at his house today and showed him how to play those songs since its not a set lesson type of schedule so he wouldnt get bored, and i was surprised. He actually practiced ALL DAY YESTERDAY AND TODAY biggrin.gif. And i was like wow Jimmie. I told him that these tabs that im giving him were to help him so he doesnt get bored with it. Since you know i wont always be there to show him new stuff, or be right there wrokign with him the whole time. And he told me NO WAY im not getting bored this guitar. Your my inspiration ryan you motivate me to play. When he said that. It made me so proud, and great iinside!! I was amazed he said it to. Its great when your student says your my inspiration!!
And then my friend Dustin was over he was playing my acoustic learning some songs himself hes a beginner, and i was playing, and he was like WOW Ryan where you drunk when you made that. Since a lot fo great songs were made by people drunk, or high im not saying all but some where. and i was like NO i jsut made that up. And he was like wow ryan you can really play. And so did he girlfriend. The were so amazed when the heard me play. I didnt think i was that good. But there were really amazed. And its funny I ddint play super fast either. I played so stuff. And it sounded really really good!!

Its a great feeling getting those 2 things. I just wanted to say Thanks GMC and to all the instrucotrs, and everybody for helping me become a true guitarist and not some POWERCHORD Freak!!!!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ryan: Aug 21 2007, 02:43 PM

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 21 2007, 02:56 PM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Aug 21 2007, 05:43 AM) *
Wow well i got my first guitar student biggrin.gif. Its my friend Jimmie with an IE at the end biggrin.gif. I loned him my fake strat and my little mini amp so he could play. I was teaching him power chords, and how to hold the pick, and the different postions of holding the guitar!! I taught him also smoke on the water HAHA had to do it. Everybody learns it mostly for the first song. But its because of that its because it will help him get more of a feel for the guitar. And its really easy a monkey could do it!! But I dropped some tabs off at his house today and showed him how to play those songs since its not a set lesson type of schedule so he wouldnt get bored, and i was surprised. He actually practiced ALL DAY YESTERDAY AND TODAY biggrin.gif. And i was like wow Jimmie. I told him that these tabs that im giving him were to help him so he doesnt get bored with it. Since you know i wont always be there to show him new stuff, or be right there wrokign with him the whole time. And he told me NO WAY im not getting bored this guitar. Your my inspiration ryan you motivate me to play. When he said that. It made me so proud, and great iinside!! I was amazed he said it to. Its great when your student says your my inspiration!!
And then my friend Dustin was over he was playing my acoustic learning some songs himself hes a beginner, and i was playing, and he was like WOW Ryan where you drunk when you made that. Since a lot fo great songs were made by people drunk, or high im not saying all but some where. and i was like NO i jsut made that up. And he was like wow ryan you can really play. And so did he girlfriend. The were so amazed when the heard me play. I didnt think i was that good. But there were really amazed. And its funny I ddint play super fast either. I played so stuff. And it sounded really really good!!

Its a great feeling getting those 2 things. I just wanted to say Thanks GMC and to all the instrucotrs, and everybody for helping me become a true guitarist and not some POWERCHORD Freak!!!!!!

Shows your a good friend smile.gif I always try to show my buddies stuff on the guitar and bass for that matter tongue.gif
It feels good to get inspiration like that and im glad you experienced it first hand, more to come

And just so you dont lose motivation, YOUR NOT A PRO YET, GET PRACTICING wink.gif

- John

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Ayen
Aug 21 2007, 03:34 PM
It's great that you show such affection for your students, I wish both of you the best of luck. You should show him GMC biggrin.gif.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 21 2007, 04:31 PM
Instructor
Congrats man! That means you're improving here! Keep practicing! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Ryan
Aug 21 2007, 05:03 PM
Yeah i know im no pro "yet" thats the key word. So im gonna keep on keepin on biggrin.gif.

Ive showd all my friends GMC biggrin.gif.

I shall do that Pavel biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 21 2007, 06:50 PM
I smiled when I read that tongue.gif Must be awesome, good job! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Aug 21 2007, 08:23 PM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Aug 21 2007, 03:56 PM) *
Shows your a good friend smile.gif I always try to show my buddies stuff on the guitar and bass for that matter tongue.gif

You can be a good friend in many ways.
My friends really appriciates when I DON'T play for them tongue.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Ryan
Aug 22 2007, 02:35 AM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Aug 21 2007, 02:23 PM) *
You can be a good friend in many ways.
My friends really appriciates when I DON'T play for them tongue.gif

haha thats funny.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Street Musician
Aug 22 2007, 03:15 AM
Whats wrong with beeing a power-chord freak? Wanna fight about it? biggrin.gif Just joking

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:08 PM