The Dog Ate My Chocolate !
Ben Higgins
Dec 30 2011, 10:40 AM
Instructor
I had some rum chocolate truffles that I kept upstairs but I was trying to stop myself eating them so I put them downstairs out of temptation's reach..

That day the dog chose to make an unscheduled escape from the kitchen and find these truffles.. she didn't even eat them there, she took the packet back to her bed in the kitchen and ate most of them in comfort before being discovered ! dry.gif

These are the type of rum truffles in question..

Attached Image

This is the guilty dog in question..

Attached Image

This is probably the face she made when she found them !

One of her past 'achievements' was eating a leftover kebab with lots of chillis in it.. the chillis came out the other end.. some eaten and some intact.

So, what things of yours has your dog or pet eaten ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 30 2011, 10:51 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Not my dog but my mother in law's dog ate in 1 week whilst we were visiting for XMas a few years back:

1 large tub of margerine
1 bunch of bananas with skins on
2 large home made fish pies
1 bag of chocolates that my daughter then aged 3 had made as XMas presents.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 30 2011, 10:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Dec 30 2011, 09:51 AM) *
Not my dog but my mother in law's dog ate in 1 week whilst we were visiting for XMas a few years back:

1 large tub of margerine

O.M.G.

Is it really a dog or a small alligator ??? ohmy.gif

You can understand most of those things but a tub of margerine ?????

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Dec 30 2011, 10:57 AM

+Quote Post
MickeM
Dec 30 2011, 11:38 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Are you sure it was the dog and not just your bad consience talking here? You're feeling bad you ate all them truffles all the the same time, don't you?
Blaming a defenseless dog, bah. You even placed the evidence in it's basket to make a clear case out of it wink.gif

One of her past 'achievements' was eating a leftover kebab with lots of chillis in it.. the chillis came out the other end.. some eaten and some intact.

Hey... the image can't rid the image!!! At least some of the meal was saved then. Let's hope the truffles stay intact too so they didn't go to waste.

ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 30 2011, 01:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MickeM @ Dec 30 2011, 10:38 AM) *
Are you sure it was the dog and not just your bad consience talking here? You're feeling bad you ate all them truffles all the the same time, don't you?
Blaming a defenseless dog, bah. You even placed the evidence in it's basket to make a clear case out of it wink.gif

I want my lawyer... ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
JD_
Dec 30 2011, 03:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Mg American Staffy, "Zeus" has cost me alot of money in the things he has chewed up....

90 dollar laptop power cord
4 pairs of the Missus' shoes
Guitar lead
2 Pairs of my thongs (an Australian Icon)
So many pairs of clothes, pants etc....

And now I have a 7month old Son, the dog tries to take his toys and claim them, every time I catch him and tell him off, he gives me this look....

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 30 2011, 03:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Dec 30 2011, 02:24 PM) *
Mg American Staffy, "Zeus" has cost me alot of money in the things he has chewed up....

4 pairs of the Missus' shoes

Let's face it.. they were the most expensive items weren't they ? wink.gif

QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Dec 30 2011, 02:24 PM) *
every time I catch him and tell him off, he gives me this look....

There's nothing you can do when they give you 'the look' is there ? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 30 2011, 03:33 PM
Instructor
My dog takes the trash every time that she can enter to the house... she also ate the cheese some times...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
JD_
Dec 30 2011, 03:36 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 30 2011, 02:32 PM) *
Let's face it.. they were the most expensive items weren't they ? wink.gif

There's nothing you can do when they give you 'the look' is there ? laugh.gif

1... Yea your spot on about the shoes. Good thing was it reduced her shoe wardrobe...always a good thing, from my perspective anyway.

2... "The Look" is crippling....in fact if memory servs me correct, The Look is how I got my Missus, and alcohol of course cool.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 30 2011, 03:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Dec 30 2011, 02:36 PM) *
1... Yea your spot on about the shoes. Good thing was it reduced her shoe wardrobe...always a good thing, from my perspective anyway.

2... "The Look" is crippling....in fact if memory servs me correct, The Look is how I got my Missus, and alcohol of course cool.gif

Haha, I'm risking life and limb from my own missus by publicly agreeing with you but hey, why not ? biggrin.gif

'The Look' is a multi purpose tool which is crucial in the arsenal of any 21st century man wink.gif

+Quote Post
JD_
Dec 30 2011, 03:44 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 30 2011, 02:39 PM) *
Haha, I'm risking life and limb from my own missus by publicly agreeing with you but hey, why not ? biggrin.gif

'The Look' is a multi purpose tool which is crucial in the arsenal of any 21st century man wink.gif

HAHA.... Ah, when in doubt, pull "The Look" out...

G.A.B.S for life!

This post has been edited by JaxN4: Dec 30 2011, 03:44 PM

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 30 2011, 05:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Dec 30 2011, 10:51 AM) *

1 large tub of margerine

Oh my.. this sounds inconvenient.. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 30 2011, 06:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 30 2011, 02:39 PM) *

She saw this post... I got another kind of 'Look' from her ! wink.gif

+Quote Post
JD_
Dec 30 2011, 06:21 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 30 2011, 05:17 PM) *
She saw this post... I got another kind of 'Look' from her ! wink.gif

Haha.... some many inappropriate responses I could post, lets see If i can gently get this across...

She gave you the look that tells you... "You know those strong fingers you have from playing guitar?....Well your gonna need them for a while"

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 30 2011, 06:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Dec 30 2011, 05:21 PM) *
Haha.... some many inappropriate responses I could post, lets see If i can gently get this across...

She gave you the look that tells you... "You know those strong fingers you have from playing guitar?....Well your gonna need them for a while"

No man.. it was more like 'You know those fingers that you need for playing guitar ? They might get trapped in a door !'

+Quote Post
JD_
Dec 30 2011, 06:39 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 30 2011, 05:25 PM) *
No man.. it was more like 'You know those fingers that you need for playing guitar ? They might get trapped in a door !'

Ouch.....That's no good haha cool.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 1 2012, 09:37 PM
Instructor
These evil creatures...

I hope you get your chocolates back Ben...

I now feel the need to eat some myself. Thanks! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 2 2012, 12:01 AM
GMC:er
I used to share a Flat with my best friend and she has 2 Jack Russells that ate one of my Elecrtical Testers (Expensive one too), one of my 'Support your local Hells Angels' vest, several pairs of my Shoes/Boots and a couple of towels!
sad.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 2 2012, 09:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 1 2012, 08:37 PM) *
These evil creatures...

I hope you get your chocolates back Ben...

I now feel the need to eat some myself. Thanks! biggrin.gif

Well, the only way I'd get them 'back' is if I'm willing to pick through their...umm.. well, you know... blink.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jan 1 2012, 11:01 PM) *
I used to share a Flat with my best friend and she has 2 Jack Russells that ate one of my Elecrtical Testers (Expensive one too), one of my 'Support your local Hells Angels' vest, several pairs of my Shoes/Boots and a couple of towels!
sad.gif

Are you sure it wasn't your flatmate eating them ??? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 2 2012, 02:49 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 2 2012, 08:52 AM) *
Are you sure it wasn't your flatmate eating them ??? unsure.gif

Now there's a thought.......
blink.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:02 PM