2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Top Ten Favorite Clean Vocalists
The Uncreator
Oct 2 2007, 06:50 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Oct 1 2007, 05:30 PM) *
6.Kai Hansen (yeah, I know he's not a great singer but I like his voice)

I love his voice, i think he is a great singer!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Nov 28 2007, 04:26 AM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Oct 1 2007, 10:30 PM) *
(in no special order, I write the numbers to be sure that there are 10 tongue.gif)

9.Luciana Segovia wink.gif
10. Of course my girlfriend Roser Fuentes biggrin.gif

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Nov 28 2007, 04:38 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Resurrection @ Oct 2 2007, 04:20 AM) *
Slightly surprised nobody has mentioned Geoff Tate of Queensryche yet. He has put in some amazing vocal performances in his time. I haven't headr very much of his recent recordings though.

+1 for Steve Perry by the way... I'd forgotten about him.

Sorry for being lazy and not giving a full list of 10 unsure.gif

Was going to post this myself but you beat me to it tongue.gif . I've seen them live a couple of times over the past few years and he's still rockin'!

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Nov 28 2007, 04:35 PM
1. Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree)
2. Mikael Åkerfeldt (Opeth)
3. Jonas Renkse (Katatonia)
4. Kristoffer Rygg (Ulver)
5. Aaron Turner (Isis)
6. Erika Something (Life Force) The reason I don't know the last name is that life force kind of never released anything, but the stuff that was free on the internet is so awesome..
7. Andreas Hedlund (Vintersorg)
8. Vincent Cavanagh (Anathema)
9. Freddie Mercury (Queen)
10.Mica Penniman (Mika)

It's not based on technical singing skills, since then Freddie MErcury and Mika would be at top and Renkse Wouldn't even be there, but this is what I like smile.gif

EDIT: Oops, I forgot John Haughm (Agalloch) wich should be on the fifth place or something!

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Nov 28 2007, 04:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kapto
Dec 15 2007, 03:22 AM
1-Rob Halford
2-Bruce Dickinson
3-Ronnie James Dio
4-James Labrie
5-Ian Gillan
6-Dc Cooper
7-David readman
8-Ozzy Osbourne
9-Robert Plant
10-King Diamond
*Not in special order

--------------------
"It's a long way to the top..."

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Dec 15 2007, 08:17 AM
1- Eric Adams (Manowar)
2- Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)
3- Ronnie James Dio (Dio)
4- David Defeis (Virgin Steele)
5- Geoff Tate (Queensryche)
6- Brian Rich (Jackal)
7- Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian)
8- Rob Halford (Judas Priest)
9- Mikael Åkerfeldt (Opeth)
10- King Diamond (King Diamond)

rolleyes.gif Not sure if this is my final list. Much harder than I thought

--------------------
IPB Image

There are 2 types of people in the world: consumers and creators. Which one are you?

+Quote Post
Tomotoms
Dec 17 2007, 11:21 AM
Bjork, Robert Plant and Maynard James Keenan.

+Quote Post
Mackietao
Dec 17 2007, 01:57 PM
There are so many great singers out there. Many with their own sound too. Hard to really make a top 10 out of it. So I just mention some of the singers I like.

In no perticular order.

Tori Amos -So emotional music, some songs are just fantastic
Didn´t find another video without live... Have no ideá what the video is about... Some tv show perhaps.. CLOESE YOUR EYES AND LISTEN TO THE SONG biggrin.gif https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tgw4nfy9hY...feature=related

Corey Taylor (stonesour/slipknot) - awsome voice, clean and while screaming. So much power.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUSgZDcF-xE

Ville Valo (Him) - I´m not the biggest fan of the band HIM. They have a couple of good songs but his voice is really cool.

Eminem - If you do not count rap as singing he´s not good at all. You all heard his clean high vocals =) but if rap is singing.. I like this dude very much. Special one.

Björk - Was some time ago since I listened to her. Her music is so crazy but some songs are really good. Her vocals is really good though and special.

Avril Lavigne - She got a great voice and I really like the older songs.

Nicholas Sarcevik (Millencolin) He got a great voice and a really nice soloproject as well where there is less intence vocals going on then in millencolin. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0cf4SwpnaM

Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden) - Well you all know this fella.. He´s great, very original, powerful. And Iron Maiden is a great band. Something is missing or made wrong with them though to get up in to very top with my favourite bands.

Gwen Stephanie (No doubt) - She got awsome voice, works perfect with No Doubt. Liked her better with No Doubt then solo. But some of solo songs are good too.

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Dec 17 2007, 02:18 PM
Instructor
With a random order.

1 - Freddie Mercury
2 - James LaBrie
3 - Robert Plant
4 - Corey Glover (He's the best singer I've seen live)
5 - Devin Townsend (sometimes not really clean... smile.gif )
6 - Eric Martin
7 - Ian Gillian
8 - Jeff Buckley
9 - Chris Cornell
10 - Eddie Vedder

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 17 2007, 02:24 PM
Mark Lanagan (Ssreaming Trees)
Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam)
Layne Staley (Alice In Chains)
Chris Cornell (Soundgarden)
Rob Halford (Judas Priest)
Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)
Kurt Cobain (Nirvana)
Frank Black (Pixies)
Kim Deal (Pixies)
Townes Van Zandt

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Dec 18 2007, 11:23 PM
I agree with most of you here, but I want to mention two singers you've probably forgot (to mention):

Stewie Wonder
Paul Stanley (KISS)

Surprised to see that you like Ozzy (I do!) Considering he can't really sing, not to mention speak.. But, his voice is truly unique.
smile.gif

This post has been edited by jacmoe: Dec 18 2007, 11:24 PM

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:31 PM