Trial And Error, New song done!
Trond Vold
Nov 16 2008, 04:53 AM
Instructor
I placed a early version of this one in the uploads section a short while ago, but here's the finished version!

The structure is slightly different and i've added some more sections to it with a short solo near the end.
Hope ya'll like it smile.gif

Oh, and I took up UncleSkillets advise in the first thread on placing the solo differently and using some harmonies. Thanks for the idea smile.gif

Attached File  Trial_and_Error.mp3 ( 8.27MB ) Number of downloads: 812

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Nov 16 2008, 04:57 AM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
UncleSkillet
Nov 16 2008, 05:41 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Trond this is pro quality stuff man! smile.gif

I am not just saying this because you mentioned my name, but thanks. All the credit needs to go to you.

I just love how all the rhythm ideas flow together and man, I really like where it starts to build in the change around 4:58 to the end.

This is just great and congrats on another awesome track. When you put together your album I would like an autograph copy please smile.gif

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention the great licks around 3:20 - 3:32. It just sounds great! I love that!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Nov 16 2008, 06:15 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Nov 16 2008, 05:48 AM
GMC:er
F@%&

Your playing is so fricken unbelievable man, so melodic and in your face! I was drumming along on my lap for the whole song, so catchy.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 16 2008, 05:53 AM
nice cool.gif
thats be also nice got here some vocals tongue.gif
thumb up wink.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Nov 16 2008, 05:55 AM
very cool. Great song

+Quote Post
SensE
Nov 16 2008, 06:07 AM
This track is awesome. Trond, Can you teach some recording and mixing technique. I think many GMC'ER would like to know

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Nov 16 2008, 08:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Nov 16 2008, 05:41 AM) *
Trond this is pro quality stuff man! smile.gif

I am not just saying this because you mentioned my name, but thanks. All the credit needs to go to you.

I just love how all the rhythm ideas flow together and man, I really like where it starts to build in the change around 4:58 to the end.

This is just great and congrats on another awesome track. When you put together your album I would like an autograph copy please smile.gif

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention the great licks around 3:20 - 3:32. It just sounds great! I love that!

Thanks biggrin.gif Offcourse you'll get an autographed copy smile.gif

QUOTE (Tjchep @ Nov 16 2008, 05:48 AM) *
F@%&

Your playing is so fricken unbelievable man, so melodic and in your face! I was drumming along on my lap for the whole song, so catchy.

Thanks! biggrin.gif Thats great to hear!

QUOTE (besip @ Nov 16 2008, 05:53 AM) *
nice cool.gif
thats be also nice got here some vocals tongue.gif
thumb up wink.gif

Thanks smile.gif Vocals.. ugh, it's going to be a pain writing/coming up with lyrics for this one

QUOTE (ItsMe @ Nov 16 2008, 05:55 AM) *
very cool. Great song

Thanks smile.gif

QUOTE (SensE @ Nov 16 2008, 06:07 AM) *
This track is awesome. Trond, Can you teach some recording and mixing technique. I think many GMC'ER would like to know

Thanks! smile.gif I would love to show some recording/mixing techniques. But i've got a problem there; I dont always know what i'm doing myself biggrin.gif
But i'll try to find a good way to present some ideas and techniques.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Kuba Szafran
Nov 16 2008, 08:45 AM
Instructor
Hi Trond, this song is awesome! Nice rhythmic work. Whole song sounds professionaly mate smile.gif!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mandos
Nov 16 2008, 09:02 AM
Really nice song Trond.

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
Fingerspasm
Nov 19 2008, 05:56 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Trond... I have been listening to all of your music this week while doing paperwork in my office. Your stuff is GREAT! Very epic and I really like your keyboard and drums. Some guitarist have great guitar work and just basic drums etc. But yours is top quality throughout. Anyway just wanted to let you know how much I have really enjoyed your music and have been inspired to try and learn some of your techniques and add them to my playing.

--------------------
My Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/FingerSpasm?feature=mhum

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes its the quiet voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 19 2008, 07:10 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Awesome riffs, both the main hard & soft parts, and special mention to 3:20-3:30 part, top notch.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:47 PM