Gmc Price Adjustment
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 14 2009, 09:18 AM
GMC Founder
BAD NEWS:
We have now come to the point where an adjustment of the GMC subscription price is necessary. The current rates were set three years ago.

GOOD NEWS:
It won't affect you. That's right - if you have got an active subscription you will keep getting full GMC access for the same, low fee.

In other words new members will soon pay more for GMC - but old members will enjoy further growth/development of the site without paying more.

On a sidenote I want to thank all the old-time members who have made it possible to take GMC from a site with ~five guitar lessons, to a full blown guitar community. You rock, GMC wouldn't be what it is today without you.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Chokehold
Aug 14 2009, 09:20 AM
GMC:er
Good news for me then. biggrin.gif

How much more expensive will it be?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Hellraiser C-7, Epiphone SG, Some old fake Strat, and an acoustic of unknown brand.
Amp: Marshall MG 30DFX.

+Quote Post
Wabba
Aug 14 2009, 09:25 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Does this mean, that:

a)When my 12 month subriction renews (is that a word) it will cost me the old prize? or the new?
b)When the credit card expires (is that a word) and the last 12-month subscription ends, i have to pay the increased prize to activate my account?

And yeah, how much do you increase the prize?
But I won't quit GMC unless you raise the prize to somewhere like 100 € month biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 14 2009, 09:54 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Wabba @ Aug 14 2009, 10:25 AM) *
a)When my 12 month subriction renews (is that a word) it will cost me the old prize? or the new?

It will cost you the old price forever no matter how many times it renews.

QUOTE (Wabba @ Aug 14 2009, 10:25 AM) *
b)When the credit card expires (is that a word) and the last 12-month subscription ends, i have to pay the increased prize to activate my account?

If paypal cannot renew your subscription (usually because the card has expired) it will send you several warning emails before your subscription is terminated.

If you want to be on the safe side you can add a secondary credit card to your paypal account.

However - if you cancel your subscription and then sign up again (after the new prices are live) you will not be able to sign up for the old price.

QUOTE (Chokehold @ Aug 14 2009, 10:20 AM) *
How much more expensive will it be?

The price levels we have discussed range from (depending on which billing cycle you choose):

most expensive:
29 usd / month (today 9,6 /month )

cheapest:
19 usd / month (today 7,5 /month )

This isn't quite set in stone yet - but to give you an impression.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wabba
Aug 14 2009, 09:56 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 14 2009, 09:51 AM) *
If paypal cannot renew your subscription (usually because the card has expired) it will send you several warning emails before your subscription is terminated.

If you want to be on the safe side you can add a secondary credit card to your paypal account.

However - if you cancel your subscription and then sign up again (after the new prices are live) you will not be able to sign up for the old price.

Hmm, I quite don't understand that all smile.gif

But i know that the credit card had expired, but the paypal account is the same. So when i we bought the new subscription with the same e-mail, it refreshed the old one (Cause all my bookmarks were there cool.gif ). So if i do the same in future, will it cost the new prize or the old prize?

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 14 2009, 10:12 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Wabba @ Aug 14 2009, 10:56 AM) *
But i know that the credit card had expired, but the paypal account is the same. So when i we bought the new subscription with the same e-mail, it refreshed the old one (Cause all my bookmarks were there cool.gif ). So if i do the same in future, will it cost the new prize or the old prize?

If you sign up again you get the new price (even if your bookmarks are still there) - if you let the subscription renew by itself you get the old price.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 14 2009, 10:17 AM
Instructor
This adjustment seems very reasonable to me considering
what GMC has to offer and but yeah,
keeping the same price for existing members is really cool. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 14 2009, 10:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Aug 14 2009, 11:17 AM) *

I agree

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 14 2009, 11:15 AM
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Aug 14 2009, 10:17 AM) *

I agree with Muris too.
Just seeing how much the Site has expanded in my short stay has been incredible!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Mister_Riff
Aug 14 2009, 11:20 AM
I also have a question:

- I subscribed using bank transfer, when I renew my subscription (using another bank transfer) will I have to pay the old price or the new one?

thx

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez RG 1570
Ibanez RGA 121 CDO

Amps:
ENGL Ritchie Blackmore/Framus Cabinet (V30's)
simple practise amp
epiphone valve junior

Effects:

Line 6 POD 2.0
lot's of pedals
TC Electronics G Major 2

Recording and such:
BOSS BR-600
BOSS DR-880
Digitech JamMan

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Aug 14 2009, 11:53 AM
Learning Rock Star
Oh man ! Does this mean I have to change the videos on YouTube with my referral link ? I doubt anybody's going to join because of me, but I don't want to be dishonest by putting ~$20/3 months...

Anyway, I probably shouldn't advertise for GMC at all, seeing as my playing will most likely give negative reputation to this wonderful site ! sad.gif

On the other hand, I'm glad we get to stay for twice as little ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 14 2009, 11:56 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Aug 14 2009, 11:17 AM) *

That's customer care at it's best!!!

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
Aug 14 2009, 12:05 PM
Flamenco Instructor
I think the increase is logical because today there are more many lessons than 2- 3 years ago

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 14 2009, 12:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sergio Dorado @ Aug 14 2009, 12:05 PM) *
I think the increase is logical because today there are more many lessons than 2- 3 years ago

Absolutely. Also the standards are higher. Larger video frame, more quality content etc...

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
mba64
Aug 14 2009, 12:28 PM
It is worth every penny, so good lessons, and teacher and the best forum
Everything you want to know about guitar you can get here.
It is suberb that old members get the old price..
laugh.gif

--------------------
LTD WA-600 (EMG JH)
Cort Bass
M-Audio AV40

+Quote Post
Canis
Aug 14 2009, 12:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sounds like a great plan! ... I especially like the part where I don't have to pay more tongue.gif

GMC has evolved alot, though. So I can totally see why this is happening =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
edguy
Aug 14 2009, 12:57 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 14 2009, 10:54 AM) *
The price levels we have discussed range from (depending on which billing cycle you choose):

most expensive:
29 usd / month (today 9,6 /month )

cheapest:
19 usd / month (today 7,5 /month )

This isn't quite set in stone yet - but to give you an impression.

Hey Kris are sure with this prices? I ask because at the moment i pay 29 USD for GMC after rejoining at June 09. Don't get me wrong i have nothing aganst a price adjustment but i think the prices you named here are the same as now?
But i don't know it maybe I'm wrong.

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Canis
Aug 14 2009, 01:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (edguy @ Aug 14 2009, 01:57 PM) *
Hey Kris are sure with this prices? I ask because at the moment i pay 29 USD for GMC after rejoining at June 09. Don't get me wrong i have nothing aganst a price adjustment but i think the prices you named here are the same as now?
But i don't know it maybe I'm wrong.

Now you pay 29 bucks for three months, while new members will pay 29 bucks each month if they pay one month at a time. Same as now, you get it cheaper if you pay for longer periods, I guess wink.gif

This post has been edited by Canis: Aug 14 2009, 01:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frederik
Aug 14 2009, 01:10 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
when are they adjusted?
dont have active refill .:S

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 14 2009, 01:12 PM
Learning Tone Master
Great! Just when my account expired because I am to dead broke to renew it before the end of the summer....

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:26 AM