Uploading A Solo From Cubase Into Mp3 Format ?
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 21 2009, 04:53 PM
GMC:er
I just recorded a jam in Cubase over Gary Moores Still got the Blues and I'm just wondering how can I upload it in Mp3 format ?

Thanks -

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jul 21 2009, 05:04 PM
I find the zen of this quite satisfying:

Attached Image

Click in the textbox next to the "Browse" button. once you've chosen your mp3 file, click the green "UPLOAD" button.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 21 2009, 05:07 PM
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Jul 21 2009, 09:04 AM) *
I find the zen of this quite satisfying:

Attached Image

Click in the textbox next to the "Browse" button. once you've chosen your mp3 file, click the green "UPLOAD" button.

Maybe I wasnt clear.

The file in Cubase Format, and I need to get it into Mp3 format.

Ive been on this site for awhile now , I know how to upload the file laugh.gif .

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jul 21 2009, 05:12 PM
Instructor
I don't use Cubase but there must be an option in the File menu called Export Audio. Set your markers in the Cubase project (start and end points) and click that export option. Then in the dialog box chose mp3 format.

I hope it will work

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 21 2009, 05:14 PM
Instructor
Yeah, File - Export - Audio and then choose type of audio,
location for export, name it etc. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 21 2009, 05:15 PM
Ok thanks guys.

biggrin.gif

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 21 2009, 05:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 21 2009, 06:15 PM) *
Ok thanks guys.

biggrin.gif

Don't forget about locators Emir mentioned btw,
those locators determine which part of your project/song will be exported.

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jul 21 2009, 05:36 PM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 21 2009, 11:07 AM) *
Maybe I wasnt clear.

The file in Cubase Format, and I need to get it into Mp3 format.

Ive been on this site for awhile now , I know how to upload the file laugh.gif .

My mistake. It really looked (still kinda looks) like a question how to upload, rather than how to render/export. Glad someone had a solution for you, can't wait to hear your tracks!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jul 24 2009, 02:45 PM
Jazz Instructor
File/export files as/mp3.
That's it.

+Quote Post
gibsonmatte
Jul 24 2009, 02:53 PM
I guess this is a bit overkill but there is also an app, lamedropXPd3.exe, that encodes Mp3 from .wav files. The reason I'm using this is that I read that the steinberg MP3 encoder isn't that good. Like I said, could be overkill to handle this the way I do smile.gif

--------------------
My Last FM page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jul 24 2009, 03:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (gibsonmatte @ Jul 24 2009, 02:53 PM) *
I guess this is a bit overkill but there is also an app, lamedropXPd3.exe, that encodes Mp3 from .wav files. The reason I'm using this is that I read that the steinberg MP3 encoder isn't that good. Like I said, could be overkill to handle this the way I do smile.gif

That's also true. Pro studios never render a project that "quick" way but for demo purposes it's ok. Midi samples don't sound as good as real time export. I always play my song in real time and record the whole thing in a separate track which I name "full mix" and then export that track for later mastering. It only takes 1 minute for GMC lessons to do that so I recommend that way.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 24 2009, 03:12 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (gibsonmatte @ Jul 24 2009, 01:53 PM) *

Story I've heard is a bit different.

AFAIK prior to SX3 Steinberg had a license with Fraunhofer labs to include an unrestricted mp3 encoder in Cubase. From SX4 onwards the encoder is a limited version good for 50 or so encodings before it stops functioning. If you want to do more than 50 encodings you then have to find an alternative encoder.

Generally though the LAME encoder is regarded as one of the better freeware ones for mp3. Whether or not it stacks up well against a commercial high quality algo though is moot.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 24 2009, 04:27 PM
Instructor
It is actually File>Export>Audio Mixdown and then choose format, Cubase file is only a project file for the cubase.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:34 AM