2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Help Plz, aches....:'(
beebo
Jun 26 2008, 04:41 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys,

So listen to this, my dentist did like 2 or 3 root canals and then said they were going on vacation... dry.gif
Aren't dentists supposed to do a checkup on root canals VERY soon after ?

Well anyway on the right side of my mouth, there is a heaping load of pain and i need help from anyone here that can help to ease the pain. I don't mean to cry to u guys and complain but i could use some help. SO ANY ADVICE?

p.s. somin besides tylenol,advil,ibprofen,etc*pills,liquid medicine* sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 26 2008, 04:44 AM
Singing Instructor
When ever I am in big pains(head or tooth) I use Brufen (ibuprofen) 600,that is the strongest one I think.
All tough you sad you don't wanna use the medicine,I think you should if you are in big pains.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Nemanja Filipovic: Jun 26 2008, 04:46 AM

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
beebo
Jun 26 2008, 04:49 AM
QUOTE (Nemanja Filipovic @ Jun 25 2008, 07:44 PM) *
When ever I am in big pains(head or tooth) I use Brufen (ibuprofen) 600,that is the strongest one I think.
All tough you sad you don't wanna use the medicine,I think you should if you are in big pains.

yes but...it's 11:00 clock i'm home alone and i took 3 200mg ibprfn and it's not helping much.....stupid teeth
i hate em.
U know my whole family has been having problems w/ root canals and calcium deffiency. I think it's a curse ohmy.gif
well anyway i just don't like to use medicine*especially tylenol* because it's bad on ur liver.
Thnx though biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 26 2008, 10:37 AM
Well go to the dentists and get an emergency appointment with another dentist. If there is a problem with work that a dentist has done they need to see you. Or failing that go to the doctors and they will give you much stronger pain killers that you can only get on prescription till your dentist comes back. I had EXACTLY the same problem as you (well not root canals but other painful teeth problems) and I saw another dentist for a one off at the clinic.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jun 26 2008, 11:48 AM
Lets go fishing!
Once they took my root canals out on the offending tooth the pain subsided. I would have thought if they dentist did a proper job it should ease the pain !!

So you should get an emergency appointment, they should be able to ease the pain one way or another smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 26 2008, 11:54 AM
Instructor
Can you go to another dentist?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
beebo
Jun 26 2008, 06:12 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 26 2008, 02:54 AM) *
Can you go to another dentist?

well i told my mom about that but she just ignored the comment and told me to just keep taking tylenol.
It's hard to sleep and take medicine at the same time ma dry.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 26 2008, 06:21 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
What one usually does to keep pain under control is to take a strong dose kill the pain and the frequently surpress it with the normal dose.
If the normal dose is 500mg the first dose could be 2000mg to first kill the pain, the the normal dose to keep it down.

What many people do wrong is to start off with the recommended dose but then you'll just hold part of the pain back and you'll still be hurting for quite a bit.

Kill, maintain!

+Quote Post
beebo
Jun 26 2008, 07:36 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jun 26 2008, 09:21 AM) *
What one usually does to keep pain under control is to take a strong dose kill the pain and the frequently surpress it with the normal dose.
If the normal dose is 500mg the first dose could be 2000mg to first kill the pain, the the normal dose to keep it down.

What many people do wrong is to start off with the recommended dose but then you'll just hold part of the pain back and you'll still be hurting for quite a bit.

Kill, maintain!

hmm well i take 600 mgs of ibprfn and my aunt *used to be a nurse* said doctors would prescribe up to 800mg of this and it would help..Will it hurt me to take 4 ibprfn?

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 26 2008, 08:02 PM
Do not experiment!
You could damage your kidneys, etc.

If you're old enough, some strong alcohol might do the trick.
You don't have to drink it - just let it swirl around your teeth for a bit.

You really should see another dentist.

Tooth aches can be totally unbearable.

You have my sympathy. sad.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
beebo
Jun 26 2008, 08:16 PM
QUOTE (jacmoe @ Jun 26 2008, 11:02 AM) *
Do not experiment!
You could damage your kidneys, etc.

If you're old enough, some strong alcohol might do the trick.
You don't have to drink it - just let it swirl around your teeth for a bit.

You really should see another dentist.

Tooth aches can be totally unbearable.

You have my sympathy. sad.gif

Well im , 15 but ever now and then my mom lets me drink a little..but it's only like smeernof or cooler drink.
my grandma one time told me to swish rubbing alcohol and some water in my mouth for something but i can't remember wat but somewhere in my mouth it stopped hurting. IDK if that was gums or teeth..hmm..
Thnx for ur sympaty jacmoe wink.gif I appreciate it!

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jun 26 2008, 11:27 PM
Instructor
Go to another dentist inmediatelly.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
beebo
Jun 27 2008, 04:19 AM
my mom wants me to wait another couple more weeks until that dentist gets back so it doesn't waste money i guess but it hurts and after a while u literally WANT to cry to ease the stresss but u can't becuase it hurts so bad! That's how i feel right now and 600mg ibprfn does NOT work anymore! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! OWWWW!!!!!!
Theres no way i can make it another 4 or 5 weeks...sad.gif i'm tired already! this is like week number 4 and it's getting worse! my aunt said i prob wouldn't make it that long and i think she's right but my family is to worried about gas money and just buying more medicine that never works!! GOD I HATE TOOTHACHES MORE THAN ANYTHING!
So how is everyone dry.gif

p.s. sorry guys this pain jsut frustrates me and it has to come out some way to pinch just a hair of pain off!
PLZ ANY SUGGESTIONS? TIPS? HELP?

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 27 2008, 06:43 AM
You're 4 weeks gone and still in pain??? ohmy.gif That's must be wrong! Are you taking 600mg per dose, that's too much, if it's per day it's ok but not 600mg dose at a time. In the long run that can hurt your kidneys.

Now you got to see another dentist or go to the emergency, they've got dentists too.

EDIT: SORRY, I got it wrong, 600mg could very well be the perscribed dose. A error while thinking on my side.

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jun 27 2008, 07:53 AM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 27 2008, 03:43 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hmmm you should not take painkillers on your own like that....I mean there must be something wrong done on your last visit to dentist so I suggest going to another one for emergency exam...You should not be in pain!!!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
beebo
Jun 27 2008, 06:25 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jun 27 2008, 06:43 AM) *
Hmmm you should not take painkillers on your own like that....I mean there must be something wrong done on your last visit to dentist so I suggest going to another one for emergency exam...You should not be in pain!!!

yes i know...actually i'm at my house a lot by myslef my sis is gone to her friends/summercamp and my mom goes to see her bf and i don't get to see my other lil bro and sis. But when i went over at my cousins they were gonna give me a lower tab when they were out of painkillers but i had tooken it before when my mom gamme it and it didn't help.
hmmmm if i go to the emergency room and it decides to quit hurting for couple mins *like it does every now and then dry.gif * what should i do?

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 27 2008, 07:57 PM
QUOTE (beebo @ Jun 27 2008, 07:25 PM) *
yes i know...actually i'm at my house a lot by myslef my sis is gone to her friends/summercamp and my mom goes to see her bf and i don't get to see my other lil bro and sis. But when i went over at my cousins they were gonna give me a lower tab when they were out of painkillers but i had tooken it before when my mom gamme it and it didn't help.
hmmmm if i go to the emergency room and it decides to quit hurting for couple mins *like it does every now and then dry.gif * what should i do?

Excuse me for being so frank but I think your mom should pay more attention to YOU and your pain instead of running off to her bf. But since she doesnt I suggest if noone is there to help you that you go to the emergency yourself.

EDIT: After four weeks it shouldn't hurt!!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jun 27 2008, 07:58 PM

+Quote Post
beebo
Jun 27 2008, 08:30 PM
That's a pretty long walk for me...*15 w/ no car btw* and also i was taking 600mg on dose and no prescription.
That's as low as i could go w/o pain.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 27 2008, 08:54 PM
I phoned up after dentist work and said problem and my dentist was away. They got me an emergency appointment same day. We dont mean go to new surgery. Just different dentist at same surgery. Should be free as their work failed. Not your fault. Good luck in sorting it out. Dont live and die in pain. Pain says something is wrong. You cant wait 4 weeks taking meds everyday as it ups your defense to pain killers.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
timono
Jun 27 2008, 08:54 PM
wow man 4 weeks of pain in your mouth :S i would go nuts

you really should go and see a doctor if that lot of pain killers don't work i think..

good luck in killing the pain!!!

timon

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550 EGK Presige, Essex wannabe Gibson guitar (don't know the full name), Alhambra acoustic guitar

Amps: Marshall MG 50DFX, Evans sound creator (50 watt), Orange crush 10

Effect pedals: Korg AX1500G

record stuff: Line 6 toneport UX1

Piano: Yamaha P-85

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:31 AM