New Carcass! :)
Todd Simpson
Jul 17 2013, 05:54 PM
GMC:er
I've always been a big fan of CARCASS and am stoked to see them putting out new music. They have a new release and tour coming. Here is the first tune released below. Pretty spiff smile.gif Still sounds like Carcass. Bands have been trying to replicate HEARTWORK (considered to this day, a genre defining masterwork) even though it was nearly ignored upon release.

I"m glad to see folks finally getting in to carcass even if it's way late. Anybody else a fan?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 17 2013, 10:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
yes smile.gif Im a 'late to the party' fan of carcass! Ive been listening to a lot more heavier stuff lately and stumbled across Carcass via Arch Enemy and Michael Amott. Just got the Heartwork album recently and thought it was the business smile.gif

This new track is excellent.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jul 17 2013, 11:16 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Big fan here too. I saw them on Heartwork tour and then the reunion tour a few years back.. I didn't realize they were putting out a release until a friend told me about it a couple weeks ago. Excited to hear the whole album!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Jul 18 2013, 02:04 AM
Yes I'm a fan, I also saw the heartwork tour in Brisbane, one of my favourite songs of theirs is Black Star

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Jul 18 2013, 06:00 AM
Learning Rock Star
I'd never heard of this band until now.

I quite like it. I don't generally listen to really heavy music, but sometimes I get a craving for it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 18 2013, 08:51 AM
I've heard Carcass first time in 1995, it was Keep On Rotting in the free world song from Swansong album.
They impressed me because they were first who managed to combine such melodic music with rough vocals.
They are pioneers of melodic death metal. Children of Bodom and such bands just copied them..

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Jul 18 2013, 09:53 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 18 2013, 05:51 PM) *
I've heard Carcass first time in 1995, it was Keep On Rotting in the free world song from Swansong album.
They impressed me because they were first who managed to combine such melodic music with rough vocals.
They are pioneers of melodic death metal. Children of Bodom and such bands just copied them..

Wow, I wasn't even alive in 1995.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jul 18 2013, 10:26 AM
Learning Roadie
Make us feel old why don't you !!!!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 18 2013, 12:39 PM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jul 18 2013, 10:26 AM) *
Make us feel old why don't you !!!!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Check this then, I first saw them live in 1987!!! ohmy.gif
I wonder if Taka's Dad was born then???
laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Jul 18 2013, 02:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 18 2013, 09:39 PM) *
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yes, he was born biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Taka Perry: Jul 18 2013, 02:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 18 2013, 02:56 PM
Instructor
I used to listen to Heartwork many years ago, it's an amazing album. This new track sounds great too. Nice to know that they are back!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 18 2013, 03:48 PM
Just in case there are any folks who are not familiar with Carcass, here is the video for HEARTWORK which, although 20 years old at this point, is still being mined for ideas by nearly every "extreme" Metal act on Earth. They were one of the first acts to incorporated Melody in to what is loosely called Death Metal (in this case a subgenre called Grindcore, a genre they are credited with largely inventing). Traditional Death Metal eschewed Melody for Dissonance but that all changed after a few bands in Sweden in particular put a little ABBA in their ENTOMBED and bingo! Swedish Death Metal (Melodic Death/MeloDeath) was born.

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jul 19 2013, 01:32 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 18 2013, 11:39 AM) *
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Wow! ohmy.gif That is really cool man. I'm guessing it was a "local" show for them at the time? Must have been intersting to see. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 19 2013, 09:00 AM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 18 2013, 01:39 PM) *
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif

They must have sounded like Napalm Death at that period? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 19 2013, 01:20 PM
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jul 19 2013, 01:32 AM) *
Wow! ohmy.gif That is really cool man. I'm guessing it was a "local" show for them at the time? Must have been intersting to see. biggrin.gif

Yeah, I suppose it was in a way. It was a 1 day special put together by Kerrang Magazine at a small-ish club in London.

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 19 2013, 09:00 AM) *
They must have sounded like Napalm Death at that period? laugh.gif

Funnily enough they were playing the same show too!! biggrin.gif
Also there was Onslaught, Cerebral fix and (best of all) Lawnmower Deth!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 19 2013, 01:46 PM
Damn, No SABBAT on that show! They were best of the genre!! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
waynedcoville
Jul 19 2013, 02:21 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 18 2013, 02:48 PM) *
Just in case there are any folks who are not familiar with Carcass, here is the video for HEARTWORK which, although 20 years old at this point, is still being mined for ideas by nearly every "extreme" Metal act on Earth. They were one of the first acts to incorporated Melody in to what is loosely called Death Metal (in this case a subgenre called Grindcore, a genre they are credited with largely inventing). Traditional Death Metal eschewed Melody for Dissonance but that all changed after a few bands in Sweden in particular put a little ABBA in their ENTOMBED and bingo! Swedish Death Metal (Melodic Death/MeloDeath) was born.

...here is the video for HEARTWORK which, although 20 years old at this point... its been 20 years since heartwork! wow i remember that that album was new carcass. my fave is still descanting the insalubrious.

--------------------
Carvin 6 string bass (walnut neck and body w/burl maple top)
Carvin 5 string AE fretless bass(mahogany neck and body w/ quilt maple top)
Dean 8 string bass
Danelectro BassVI
Washburn 5 string acoustic bass
Hartke HA3500 w/ 4-10x1-15
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Zoom B9.1ut / Crybaby
Monster cables

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 19 2013, 02:54 PM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 19 2013, 01:46 PM) *
Damn, No SABBAT on that show! They were best of the genre!! ohmy.gif

If I remember correctly I think they were headlining their own show in London that night!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 19 2013, 03:48 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 19 2013, 03:54 PM) *
If I remember correctly I think they were headlining their own show in London that night!

Darn, u missed all-mighty Sabbat to see some demo band's fest!! wink.gif

No kidding, but Sabbat sounded really good on that Live in Eastern Berlin gig .It's a pitty they split-up.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 19 2013, 04:05 PM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 19 2013, 03:48 PM) *
Darn, u missed all-mighty Sabbat to see some demo band's fest!! wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:40 AM