Help, Please T_t
Shadow21
Jul 22 2008, 06:21 PM
GMC:er
Hello.

Well... I have a crapy squier strat, everytime I change the strings, the bridge goes up a bit, and the accion goes up too.

It happened last time I changed the strings, but my guitar teacher fixed it for me, but now I hardly see him, and I'm sceared of adjusting the bridge by my self in case i do something wrong.

Can somebody help me, please ;_;

And I've just noticed, that the three highest strings are higher than the other ones o_o Weird...

Edit
I just remembered that my guitar teacher adjusted the saddles, could that fix the problem?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Shadow21: Jul 22 2008, 06:22 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jul 22 2008, 06:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Shadow21 @ Jul 22 2008, 07:21 PM) *
Hello.

Well... I have a crapy squier strat, everytime I change the strings, the bridge goes up a bit, and the accion goes up too.

Are you using the same string gauge?

I just remembered that my guitar teacher adjusted the saddles, could that fix the problem?

This can help, of course.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Shadow21
Jul 22 2008, 06:33 PM
Yes, I'm using the same string gauge, they are Elexir 009 - 046.

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jul 22 2008, 06:40 PM
Instructor
Mmm... maybe a luthier is necessary if you don't have experience about setting the bridge.

--------------------

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

+Quote Post
Oxac
Jul 22 2008, 06:49 PM
go to a luthier and ask him to show you how it's done, he might charge some extra, but it's worth it!

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Shadow21
Jul 22 2008, 06:52 PM
QUOTE (Jerry Arcidiacono @ Jul 22 2008, 07:40 PM) *
Mmm... maybe a luthier is necessary if you don't have experience about setting the bridge.

S***...

Well... I'm gonna give it a shot by adjusting the saddles and the accion, if I can't do it, I'll take it to the luthier, but the problem is that I haven't got time to take it... T__T

I just want a get my new guitar and throw this one to the rubish D:

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 22 2008, 07:14 PM
Hello.

It happened last time I changed the strings, but my guitar teacher fixed it for me, but now I hardly see him, and I'm sceared of adjusting the bridge by my self in case i do something wrong.

Can somebody help me, please ;_;

And I've just noticed, that the three highest strings are higher than the other ones o_o Weird...

Edit

Your springs are too loose. don't be afraid to tigthen it, because it's a dive only tremolo.

Edit:

and, saddles are for intonation (making sure the octaves are really octaves, instead of being sharp or flat)
If your G B and E strings have higher action, just lower them man.

Anyway, what you will do:

First tighten springs EQUALLY.
Fix Action.
Intonate. You're done!

This post has been edited by kjutte: Jul 22 2008, 07:25 PM

+Quote Post
Shadow21
Jul 22 2008, 07:58 PM
QUOTE (kjutte @ Jul 22 2008, 08:14 PM) *
Your springs are too loose. don't be afraid to tigthen it, because it's a dive only tremolo.

Edit:

and, saddles are for intonation (making sure the octaves are really octaves, instead of being sharp or flat)
If your G B and E strings have higher action, just lower them man.

Anyway, what you will do:

First tighten springs EQUALLY.
Fix Action.
Intonate. You're done!

Thank you thank you thank you biggrin.gif

I will try to do that, wish me luck ;O;

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 22 2008, 09:35 PM
Instructor
Also, posting a picture would help even better to give you a good advice.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Jul 22 2008, 10:40 PM
I agree with the springs, that will definitely help. How old is the guitar? Because it could also be something to do with the truss rod, but that I wouldn't mess with yourself. Get it checked out by a pro, it's the only way to be sure smile.gif
Cheers!

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jul 22 2008, 11:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kjutte @ Jul 22 2008, 08:14 PM) *

Yes, but you can do also some individual string height adjustments.
Some good pictures here

--------------------

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 23 2008, 09:06 AM
QUOTE (Shadow21 @ Jul 22 2008, 08:58 PM) *
Thank you thank you thank you biggrin.gif

I will try to do that, wish me luck ;O;

Actually fix action first, then springs, then intonation.
sorry, didn't see it before now.

+Quote Post
Shadow21
Jul 23 2008, 02:33 PM
Thank you so much guys smile.gif You are the best!

My guitar is one year old, it's only a squier strat, I don't expect it to least much, but anyway, I need it to least untill I buy my new guitar...

Now, I just need a bit of time, relax, and start fixing it...

Well... Thank you again biggrin.gif

See ya all smile.gif

This post has been edited by Shadow21: Jul 23 2008, 02:36 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 23 2008, 03:43 PM
Instructor
Glad we could help in any way, CY smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 23 2008, 07:12 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 23 2008, 04:43 PM) *
Glad we could help in any way, CY smile.gif

Anytime. Send me a PM if you need some more info.

Edit: and by the way, remember that because your saddles have two intonation screws, they should be set equally. I just read that. I don't have a strat bridge myself, so I didn't know biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by kjutte: Jul 23 2008, 07:13 PM

+Quote Post
Shadow21
Jul 23 2008, 07:30 PM
QUOTE (kjutte @ Jul 23 2008, 08:12 PM) *
Anytime. Send me a PM if you need some more info.

Edit: and by the way, remember that because your saddles have two intonation screws, they should be set equally. I just read that. I don't have a strat bridge myself, so I didn't know biggrin.gif

Ok smile.gif

Thanks man!

i haven't had time to do it today, I'll give it a shot tomorrow wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:08 AM