> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Warrioroflight's Technique Training, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 16 2013, 03:08 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! This is your personal thread for Gab's Army, my mentoring project. The idea is to start together an intensive training to take your technique to a new level. Please share here your favourite musicians and also audio or videos of you playing different techniques.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not realy just kidding... ph34r.gif )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Oct 16 2013, 04:19 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Gabriel!

Thank you very much for letting me join the army! I am very willing to fucking destroy the enemy! ;-)

So maybe first a liitle bit about me... I´m 29 years old, living in germany... i started to play the guitar about 12/13 years ago BUT i never took lessons! I teached everything by myself, with youtube, guitar pro and a few advices from friends who also played the guitar! And thats my problem! i never had anyone who showed me how to do and learn techniques the right way...
So now i hope i can find here some help! :-)
I have enough time to practice (almost) every day because i earn my money with playing guitar/6 string banjo in an irish folk band... wee play every weekend two or three gigs...and during the week i teach the guitar to beginners... so i´m a so called "professional muscian"... ;-)
Here is a live video from my band: (i´m the banjo guy^^)

http://youtu.be/QptHb50-w0k

my favourite music is of course heavy metal... despite that irish folk stuff...
favourite musicians/guitar players... so, only to name a few...
Jari Mäenpää ( Wintersun)
Alexi Laiho ( Children Of Bodom/Sinergy )
Satchel (Steel Panther)
Kai Hansen (Gamma Ray) Maybe not because of his guitar palying but awesome song writing...
Wolf Hoffmann ( Accept)

now we come to favourite bands:
Sabaton
Battle Beast
Nightwish
Edguy
Avantasia
Ozzy osbourne
Airbourne
Norther
Sonata Arctica
i think thats enough now to know my taste of music...

The main reason why i am looking to get helf with my playing is because i want to get a lot better (of course :-) )
But few months ago i got told that my timing is shitty and i shall put more feeling into my play... so thats one point... the other is really to get faster in soloing and stuff...

wow... sorry to bother you with that shit^^ now i´ll stop and make a video where i play some stuff for you!

Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my band: IN LEGEND

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 16 2013, 04:33 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! I really liked your video playing Banjo! You guys sound really good! My friend Lian Gerbino, an old instructor here introduce me into the Irish music, and the folk metal so I have heard many stuff and I can say that you are really good!

The first that we have to do is to create a guitar routine to practice every day. The only way to become faster is practising diary, exercises and lesson, as a training. How many time do you have to practice each day?

Do you have any video in which you play Metal Rhythm? If not, let's choose a lesson from here, learn it and record it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Oct 16 2013, 07:12 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks for the fast answer mate!

So, as i said, i have plenty of time to practice! i think i can manage four to six hours a day... exept for the weekends... there i have only like one hour to practice but i have to play a three hour gig... so i think its also kind of practice^^

I recorded a video with some metal rythm for you! Its one video with two clips, one is your stratovarius style rythm and the other is the nightwish style! ( both in one video!!)
i´d liove to hear your opinion about it!

cheerz!

http://youtu.be/MyjCQcwg2Jo

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 17 2013, 06:25 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! That's a good amount of time for practising! I checked both takes and the overall is very good. I can notice some timing issues, even more notorious in the Stratovarius lesson, sometimes you play a bit before or after the beat. Nightwish lesson is better but there is still room for playing it tighter. But this is not something very serious, you will fix this issue soon if we dedicate a part of your diary routine to rhythm practice.

Let's start designing your routine. What about dividing your day in this 4 blocks:

Warming Up

Hour 1: Alternate picking

Hour 2: Legato & Sweep Picking

Hour 3: Bending, Vibrato & Rhythm

Hour 4: Theory, learning songs/solos, Jamming and/or Composing.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Oct 17 2013, 10:20 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thank you for sharing your opinion!!
The routine looks great to me! Do you have special exercises for each part of it for me? just like your intensive technique course for the alternate picking?

Thank you!!

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 17 2013, 03:07 PM
Instructor
Ok! Here we go with the exercises!

Warming Up

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&id=26140
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&id=26098

Hour 1: Alternate picking

Patterns: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&id=26102

Example of how to work on them horizontally and vertically

ITC Lesson 5: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=42830

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Modal-...tring-patterns/

Hour 2: Legato & Sweep Picking

Legato:
Kotzen Pattern: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&id=26143

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

Sweep Picking:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43083

Hour 3: Bending, Vibrato & Rhythm

Bending & Vibrato:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/guitar_loves_piano/

Rhythm:
Continue practicing Stratovarius Style lesson and add another Power/Thrash Metal Rhythm lesson. Some suggestions:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/German...etal-Helloween/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/German...IV-Primal-Fear/

Hour 4: Theory, learning songs/solos, Jamming and/or Composing

This part is the most creative one. The idea is that you learn 1 new thing every day about theory: A new scale, a new chord, a new arpeggio and practice applying it. Here you have a good guide: LINK

Use this last hour also for jamming over backing tracks and record your own ideas.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Oct 17 2013, 03:22 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
just FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

Thank you a lot Gabriel!!! I will let my guitar bleed!! :-)

When do you think will be the right time to get in touch with you again to check improovements or to see if i´m doing something wrong?

cheers

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 17 2013, 04:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (warrioroflight @ Oct 17 2013, 11:22 AM) *
just FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

Thank you a lot Gabriel!!! I will let my guitar bleed!! :-)

When do you think will be the right time to get in touch with you again to check improovements or to see if i´m doing something wrong?

cheers

Hi mate! I'm glad to know that this routine looks cool for you! You can give me comments about your progress whenever you want but I hope to have news from you and feedback in around 1 week.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2013, 02:45 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! I'm back and I was wondering... how did you feel working on the routine? Was it effective? Can you note improvements? Please share all your thoughts and then we can make some changes / updates to it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Nov 12 2013, 03:24 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Gab!
Hope you had a great vacation!! :-)

to be honest, i didn´t mede it to practice as intense as i wanted to... i have to renovate a room in our house, then whe had some unplanned gigs with my band, and i had to start songwriting for a new album... and a little part was of course lazyness.... so, i think i will have to rescedule my routine to maybe two hours a day...? four are really just to much... not that i dont wanted to, but there are really things to do... :-(

another thing that i noticed is the following problem...
over the last 4 to 5 years, i had no really good amp or something like that to play with, so i always practiced and played at home with guitar rig or amplitube... so the signal was going trough my pc... that always gave the sound a little delay, like 12-20ms... not really recognizeable but i think that affected my playing and giving me the timing problems which i now have...
last week i bought a POD HD 500... so now i think i have no more delay in my signal and be able to get the timing right...
any special lessons for that?

Thank you!

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2013, 03:55 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Great to hear from you! This sounds really good to me. Let's start with a new 2 hours routine so you can dedicate the rest of the time to composing. I added an exercise for timing and for analysing songs. Please check it out and tell me what you think...

- Warming Up (5 minutes)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/

HOUR 1:

- Alternate picking (20 minutes)

Patterns: LINK
ITC Lesson 5: LINK
MODAL MADNESS

- Legato & Sweep Picking (20 minutes)

Kotzen Pattern
Land of legato I
ITC 8: LINK

- Bending & Vibrato: (10 minutes)

Guitar loves piano

- Theory: (10 minutes)

The idea is that you learn 1 new thing every day about theory: A new scale, a new chord, a new arpeggio and practice applying it. Here you have a good guide: LINK

HOUR 2:

Rhythm: (20 minutes)
Continue practicing Stratovarius Style lesson and add another Power/Thrash Metal Rhythm lesson. Some suggestions:

Helloween Style
Primal Fear Style

- Timing (20 minutes)

Timing exercise

- Analysing songs: (20 minutes)

Dedicate some time to analize songs and to write down it's structures, chord progressions, and arranging details.

Template table:
Structure // What's happening (arrangements, intruments, tempo, rhythm) // Chord progression & scales used (theory)

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Nov 12 2013, 04:02 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Nov 12 2013, 04:21 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
AWESOME!!!

will start right now!!

Thank you Gab!

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2013, 04:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (warrioroflight @ Nov 12 2013, 12:21 PM) *
AWESOME!!!

will start right now!!

Thank you Gab!

Great! Keep me updated! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Nov 28 2013, 11:27 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Gab!

So, after intense practicing of thestuff above i know now my weakness.... its the alternative picking... i can do it quite fast and clean, but only on one string.... when it comes to change the string to a higher one it might be good... the chances are 50/50 :-) but when it comes to go a scale from high to low its horrible!!
lets take for example the timing exercise! it works really good on 50bpm... in a good mood and when i have a good day it also works on 60bbm... but it still needs time to play (especially the last part) on 70bbm...

same problem on modal madness... 100-110bbm no problem... but its a lucky shot when it works on 120bbm....

today i´ll try to record the alternate picking workout 2.... maybe you have some suggestions for me

cheerz

This post has been edited by warrioroflight: Nov 28 2013, 01:01 PM

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 28 2013, 06:13 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! That's the tricky part of Alternate Picking, and I have special exercises that practiced every day will show exciting results. So don't worry about this.

Crossing strings I
Crossing strings II
Crossing strings III

Please work on those 3 lessons over metronome for 10 days. Incorporate them to your routine during the AP section. Remind me in 10 days to give you the second part of this.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 11 2013, 01:42 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I'm here checking what are the news. I was wondering if you have been working on the routine and if you are ready to refresh it.

Please share your experience and your thoughts about the last weeks work. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Dec 20 2013, 03:00 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Gabriel!
Thanks for asking!

well, i´m trying to practice whenever i can... but the scedule is thight at the moment! a lot of work, producing new cd... and last week i´ve been on holidays in finland... so the routine has to stay as it is untill next year i think!

hope you´re fine,

Paul

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Jan 13 2014, 07:22 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Gab!
How are you donig?

So, i´m still practicing and doing well i think! :-)

I´m still trying the modal madness thing and it get better! but i think i still need time for that... a lot of time! :-)

So if you got any suggestions or so just tell them!

Cheers! :-)

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 14 2014, 12:19 AM
Instructor
Hi mate, thanks for the update. Could you please post here some audios of you playing the lessons? (or maybe videos?)

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:22 PM