2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Dragonforce
The Uncreator
Sep 22 2007, 09:54 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Iluha @ Sep 22 2007, 02:48 PM) *
I didn't say it wasn't reachable, but they specificly eith speed it up, or record it in really really small parts, and then they can't really play their songs live.

With the exception of the bad quality videos from handheld cameras that make any concert look horrible, when i saw them live they did a great job, they nailed the solos right on, i just wish they would mature a bit a get over the "Im gonna get wasted every night BEFORE a show!!!" thing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 22 2007, 09:59 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (fkalich @ Sep 22 2007, 07:11 PM) *
It can be nothing, or it can be something, if well used. The best in my view, play very slowly at times, as well as fast.

I don't care for a band like Dragonforce, find them pretty unidimensional, music with no soul, just a showcase for how fast these guys think they are. Might as well watch Robots shredding.

Indeed!

Oh btw, I guess I should have said "Speed means nothing", becuase it dont. What I mean with that is that playing fast doesnt make you better. I'm not saying that shredders arent good, but if you only practice speed, your playing will sound horrible.

BB King kicks every shredders ass in the whole world with playing 3 notes imo. Its not how fast you play that matters, its how it sounds. And if someone can play fast, with some melody and make it sound good, then thats excellent.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 22 2007, 10:05 PM
Instructor
Yeah, I think it's too dificult even for the own Dragonforce... rolleyes.gif

(I don't like Herman Lee, his playing is dirty and he cannot play live what he recorded in the albums... sorry if somebody doesn't like my opinion unsure.gif )

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 22 2007, 10:23 PM
^Like i said before, if Herman Li matures a bit he could nail the solos live, but, untill then....

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Sep 22 2007, 11:02 PM
Yeah, dude. I think that Fade to Black or Orion would be incredible songs to play. Like every one else said, You dont need to play at 300 bpms to have an impressive song.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 23 2007, 12:55 AM
why cant Dragonforce play their solos live? I dont get it. Is it because they get wasted or because they suck? i dont understand.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 23 2007, 02:46 AM
Because they get wasted, watch them play sober, there really good, very good actually, Hermans solo at 3:39 is beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkuGfzNziBw

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 23 2007, 02:59 AM
Instructor
This is better but still not even close to studio records.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Owen
Sep 23 2007, 03:02 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 23 2007, 02:46 AM) *
Because they get wasted, watch them play sober, there really good, very good actually, Hermans solo at 3:39 is beautiful

Thats an official video from Dragonforce, it will be overdubbed for the quality.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Ayen
Sep 23 2007, 03:25 AM
That sounds so familiar Uncreator, what song is he playing at 3:39+?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 23 2007, 04:21 AM
Lets go fishing!
Herman Lee uses sound enhancment pedal wink.gif laugh.gif In all honest i think Herman lee seems a really nice chap! not saying hes the worlds greatest guitarist but i try to see the best in eveyone!

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Sep 23 2007, 04:22 AM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 23 2007, 04:25 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Sep 22 2007, 09:59 PM) *
This is better but still not even close to studio records.

Probabaly because hes not using his whammy pedal, its just his guitar into in amp, no effects.

QUOTE (Owen @ Sep 22 2007, 10:02 PM) *
Thats an official video from Dragonforce, it will be overdubbed for the quality.

I very highly doubt its overdubbed, you can hear small parts where harmonics dont sound out right, and where he hits his strings for "Noise" or when he misses his volume knob to turn the volume off. small stuff like that, I think you can watch it and tell its not overdubbed, to me, its obvious it isnt.

+Quote Post
steve25
Sep 23 2007, 05:51 AM
The problem with speed is that sometimes quite often, too often in fact melody is replaced with speed. People think if they play extremely fast that it's good, never mind that it sounds crap. Dragonforce will be hard to cover especially in the time. Also playing extremely popular songs can be risky because peoples expectations will be high on it, as it is a really popular song. Best to go with something that's equally good, entertaining and not too difficult to play for you

This post has been edited by steve25: Sep 23 2007, 05:52 AM

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 23 2007, 06:37 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 22 2007, 07:46 PM) *

yeah, that was pretty good. Its sad that they get wasted before shows like you said.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 23 2007, 06:48 AM
Maybe theyll change someday.

+Quote Post
JOhn
Sep 23 2007, 06:56 AM
i think every one is a little hard on them just because their famous. They really aren't as bad as every makes them out to be.

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 23 2007, 10:42 AM
They really arent, this same thing goes with other bands who catch alot of hell, fact is, Dragonforce have established a wide fanbase and presence in a short amount of time, so obvioulsly there doing something people love.

Im glad my experiences with Dragonforce have all been fantastic, even the live shows smile.gif

Im looking forward to many more years of Dragonforce!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Sep 23 2007, 10:43 AM

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 23 2007, 05:19 PM
Instructor
So much about tuned guitars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUKlbjIwFss...ated&search

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Owen
Sep 23 2007, 05:55 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Sep 23 2007, 05:19 PM) *

That sounds truely awful. ohmy.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Sep 23 2007, 06:53 PM
I don't like Dragonforce's music. To me it's like a metal version of eurodance.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:34 PM