Guitar Hero
Shred Kid
Dec 28 2007, 03:19 PM
GMC:er
I bet expert on guitar hero three, which means i can move my fingers faster than yours, which means im better at playing guitar solos on the real guitar than you......someone actually told me this today, then i played beast and the harlot by avenged sevenfold, and then i laughed. anyone got any similar stories

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nickmarx12345678
Dec 28 2007, 03:22 PM
LOL ask that to Tom morello! He said people were beating him at his own songs...so he decided to become part of the game smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by nickmarx12345678: Dec 28 2007, 03:22 PM

--------------------
ROCK ON!!!!

+Quote Post
Shred Kid
Dec 28 2007, 03:24 PM
Lol hes mad. You are gonna hate me if you love Rage. I have four tickets to the Big Day Out, the first outside of USA show rage are doing biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Goliath
Dec 28 2007, 03:36 PM
I just think it's funny when kids devote so much time to playing GH when they could actually learn to play the instrument the game features. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game, I've had all of them except the 80's edition (and 3 sucks sad.gif ) but if you're not playing real guitar in parallel to the game, then it's like saying that because you're a beast at H3 you're an expert soldier.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Dec 28 2007, 07:43 PM
OMG i agree haha.. i have a friend who plays a little guitar.. he just dinks around and learns a few songs and riffs and stuff but! instead of practicing guitar he spent an entire week learning how to two hand tap in guitar hero! For some reason also he thinks hitting 5 buttons on guitar hero takes more talant than playing guitar.. where there are like what.. 144 buttons u can hit smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 28 2007, 07:52 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I got guitar hero for nintendo wii it looks fun (love the online mode) but never tried to play the game with the guitar controller wink.gif Well I don't see any similarity about playing GH and actual guitar but ok if kids get reason to tease their actual guitar playing friends its ok wink.gif

edit : we got a new sub forum Electronic entertainment so I think this topic will be suitable to be moved there wink.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Dec 28 2007, 07:56 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Dec 28 2007, 08:56 PM
QUOTE (Shred Kid @ Dec 29 2007, 03:19 AM) *
I bet expert on guitar hero three, which means i can move my fingers faster than yours, which means im better at playing guitar solos on the real guitar than you......someone actually told me this today, then i played beast and the harlot by avenged sevenfold, and then i laughed. anyone got any similar stories

biggrin.gif

I hate it when people say they're very good at guitar because they're good at Guitar Hero. Well, the Guitar Hero is equivalent to a guitar with one string and five frets... blink.gif When a real guitar has six strings and 21 to 24 frets...

EDIT: But it is a very fun game smile.gif

This post has been edited by Tomy Jeon: Dec 28 2007, 08:57 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post
nikolai
Dec 28 2007, 11:29 PM
yeah i've gotta say i love guitar hero, but i cant stand when people think it helps you play real guitar. the only way i see something like that happening is the drums from rock band might help you get started on drums..

but.....the original guitar hero forced me to use my pinky....and that was when i finally used my pinky on real guitar too....

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Dec 29 2007, 12:09 AM
After a guitar hero night at a friends house, I got one of my friends into playing real guitar, and I think it's quite common for people to start wanting to play guitar after having played the game. But yeah, it's stupid to say you're good at guitar because you're good at guitar hero, it's like saying you're good as dancing juse bcause you're good att ddr..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jorbazz
Dec 29 2007, 12:27 AM
If you play guitarhero, i think that you only get faster fingers. i don't think that you would be better at a real guitar wink.gif

This post has been edited by Jorbazz: Dec 29 2007, 12:28 AM

--------------------
My Gear:
-ESP LTD EC-1000BLK Deluxe
-Marshall ADV 50 W
-Line-6 Floorpod

Studio Gear:
Allen&Heath Zed-14
Sonar LE

Favourite Bands:
Englebarn(Angelkid)
HangFace
Dream Theater
Alit Boazu(Blue Raindeer)
MindTwist
Iron-Maiden
Metallica
Liquid Tension Experiment
G3
Torch

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 29 2007, 01:32 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I love GH, I have all games, and it's just great, but it has noooothing to do with playing the real thing, of course!

Good thing is that many people who play Gh end up getting a real guitar.

Some people spend thousands of hours playing GH though... check any youtube video of people who beat GH2 Jordan in expert!! They actually have to tap the buttons to HO/PO the solos... it's crazy!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 29 2007, 02:42 AM
Instructor
I've got GH 2, it's great! haven't played it in a while though.

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:22 AM