Korg Px5d From U.s.
Nighthawk1
Jun 2 2009, 10:37 AM
GMC:er
Hi there GMC,
I consider buying a handy Korg PX5D from the U.S. on ebay because it is due to the exchange rate much cheaper than buying it here in Germany. I'd like to ask you guys one thing though. Does this thing work out here in Europe in the first place concerning compatibility? I mean are there some different jacks or something in the US? Or can I buy it uncritically?
Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jun 2 2009, 10:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nighthawk1 @ Jun 2 2009, 11:37 AM) *
Hi there GMC,
I consider buying a handy Korg PX5D from the U.S. on ebay because it is due to the exchange rate much cheaper than buying it here in Germany. I'd like to ask you guys one thing though. Does this thing work out here in Europe in the first place concerning compatibility? I mean are there some different jacks or something in the US? Or can I buy it uncritically?
Thanks

Are you getting adapter (US version) as well or just the unit?
I'm asking this because I did get any adapter when I bought mine PX4D.
Unit as itself works nicely everywhere in the world but you would
need adapter to fit certain voltage and type of socket.
Ask seller, get more info,
perhaps they can send you adapter for Europe or
tell you where to get one.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jun 2 2009, 11:01 AM
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jun 2 2009, 11:43 AM) *
Are you getting adapter (US version) as well or just the unit?
I'm asking this because I did get any adapter when I bought mine PX4D.
Unit as itself works nicely everywhere in the world but you would
need adapter to fit certain voltage and type of socket.
Ask seller, get more info,
perhaps they can send you adapter for Europe or
tell you where to get one.

Thanks for your answer Muris,
no the adapter is not included in this package anyway. So I think I'll by the poweradapter here in Germany.

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 2 2009, 11:03 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I have a US PX5D, all you need is the Korg adapter for UE, you can get it for 15 euros at a local music shop smile.gif

Edit: actually i bet the px5d is the same everywhere in the world, as it's not even made in the USA. All that you need is the adapter for your region.

This post has been edited by Fran: Jun 2 2009, 11:04 AM

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jun 2 2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks for your answer pal. So I think I'll get it then. My main purpose is to use it as an multi-effect to plug it into my amp. Is it right that I have to use the clean channel for it? Can I also use it only with my guitar and headphones with the batteries?

This post has been edited by Nighthawk1: Jun 2 2009, 11:45 AM

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 2 2009, 01:23 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Nighthawk1 @ Jun 2 2009, 12:45 PM) *
Thanks for your answer pal. So I think I'll get it then. My main purpose is to use it as an multi-effect to plug it into my amp. Is it right that I have to use the clean channel for it? Can I also use it only with my guitar and headphones with the batteries?

When you say "multi-effect" I guess you are also going to use the amp modelling.

It should work, but it might work even better through some regular speakers or active monitors.
The thing is that a guitar amp alway colors the sound a bit, thus the modelling from the px5d will change a bit. But with some tweaking it should sound good enough.

Of course you can use it with headphones & batteries too, sounds quite good actually.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 2 2009, 01:45 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I use mine with batteries...no plug needed!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:32 PM