Harmonic Minor Modes, im learning the harmonic scale
cunels
May 2 2008, 06:38 AM
GMC:er
hello firstly i would like to say that you are one of the best guitarists iv heard and i would very much love to see you do a tour of the uk
but my problem is that when im learning a new scale i alway forget it when i try to the play the next day. laugh.gif i was wondering how you approch this problem
it the moment iv just been playing the scales in exercises i was wondering wither some backig tracks that i could jam with might help
thanks cunels

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by cunels: May 3 2008, 08:58 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
seagull
May 2 2008, 09:46 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (cunels @ May 2 2008, 07:38 AM) *
hello firstly i would like to say that you are one of the best guitarists iv heard and i would very much love to see you do a tour of the uk
but my problem is that when im learning a new scale i alway forget it when i try to the play the next day. laugh.gif i was wondering how you approch this problem
it the mment iv just been playing the scales in exercises i was wondering wither some backig tracks might help
thanks cunels

Sorry for breaking in on your turf Muris. tongue.gif

But my advice is, learn the fretboard notes! At first, learn the C-major scale so that you don't have to think about it at all! When you've memorised the notes and found them all over the fretboard, you have all the root notes. Which means that you can easily move either one fret higher or lower to make it sharp or flat. "As long as you know you roots". tongue.gif
Then when you learn for instance the harmonic minor scale, say we in A-minor harmonic, you'll probably already know that the C-major and A-minor scales are relative scales, IE they consist of the same notes (all the whites on a piano) but the thing about the harmonic minor scale is that it has a sharp 7th in the scales steps. In A, the 7th step is G, meaning that the scale will have the notes: A B C D E F G# A

Hope this explains it. At least this is MY approach when learning scales: Memorising the notes instead of only the patterns.

Again, sorry Muris but I have a class off in school and am really bored. laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 4 2008, 12:20 PM
Instructor
Good advice from Seagull,learn fretboard notes and try to listen to the scale as well,
not only to play it mechanically,that'll help. smile.gif

As for the backing,there are many sites on net with tons of backing,
I'm not sure of the names but there are few similar threads in forum
so be sure to check them out,you might find some links to those sites. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:50 PM