2 Pages V  < 1 2  
I Need To Vent Some Anger!
shredmandan
Sep 18 2007, 12:47 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ryan @ Sep 17 2007, 07:23 PM) *
Yeah I already know that, and its not the fact that I cant keep it in pitch. I think really, its the motion. Everybody says back and forth motion, using yoru wrist+finger. and I cant get it!!

And that second video is different. I already have done Joes lesson, and If the video is staticy, its your computer, cus it works fine for me!!

Doesnt seem like there's anything else someone can say to help then sad.gif .Your just going to have to practice it and figure it out however you know how to.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 18 2007, 01:12 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Sep 17 2007, 06:47 PM) *
Doesnt seem like there's anything else someone can say to help then sad.gif .Your just going to have to practice it and figure it out however you know how to.

Yeah I know, thats my problem. Ive been literally working on this since forever, back in march or something, only more serious these last few months. And its so frustrating. Man I think i have the BB king thing goin for me so far, but thats not what I want. that just came naturl right there. But damn this is really hard. Ill just have to ask some other live guitarists for help on this subject

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Sep 18 2007, 01:24 AM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Sep 17 2007, 03:23 PM) *
Yeah I already know that, and its not the fact that I cant keep it in pitch. I think really, its the motion. Everybody says back and forth motion, using yoru wrist+finger. and I cant get it!!

And that second video is different. I already have done Joes lesson, and If the video is staticy, its your computer, cus it works fine for me!!

On my screen in the first post it says " Attached File- Video 17 " and also on the third post is says " Attached File -Video 17" Its the same video ? And also I can only hear sound on it to.

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Sep 18 2007, 01:29 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Ryan @ Sep 18 2007, 01:12 AM) *
Yeah I know, thats my problem. Ive been literally working on this since forever, back in march or something, only more serious these last few months. And its so frustrating. Man I think i have the BB king thing goin for me so far, but thats not what I want. that just came naturl right there. But damn this is really hard. Ill just have to ask some other live guitarists for help on this subject

i'm no master yet- but in the same position as you- workin for months and months on vibrato and bending then the two combined...then it just suddenly clicked. Be patient man, i had been practicing hard at it for 4/5 months solid before i got comfortable. Infact- when i had it down and started more serious alternate picking i realised how poor my other techinique had got - from lack of practising it.

It'll come man.

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 18 2007, 05:11 AM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Sep 17 2007, 07:29 PM) *
i'm no master yet- but in the same position as you- workin for months and months on vibrato and bending then the two combined...then it just suddenly clicked. Be patient man, i had been practicing hard at it for 4/5 months solid before i got comfortable. Infact- when i had it down and started more serious alternate picking i realised how poor my other techinique had got - from lack of practising it.

It'll come man.

Yeah i hope so, and i know it will eventually. Thanks guys

And they both have the same names, there differnet TRUST ME, but if you just hear it, what does it matter?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Sep 18 2007, 11:20 AM
Hey Ryan, try laying off the vibratos for a couple days. It might help you, I did that after hours of practice for a different technique when I couldn't do I got pissed and didn't play for a couple days. When I played the guitar again I had no trouple pulling off the technique. You should try it, might do the trick.

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 18 2007, 11:22 AM
QUOTE (Soul_Decision @ Sep 18 2007, 05:20 AM) *
Hey Ryan, try laying off the vibratos for a couple days. It might help you, I did that after hours of practice for a different technique when I couldn't do I got pissed and didn't play for a couple days. When I played the guitar again I had no trouple pulling off the technique. You should try it, might do the trick.

Ok ill try that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 20 2007, 12:08 PM
sad.gif Im hopeless sad.gif

I lied to you guys when i said a few months. Its been about 6 months I have just been trying to do the basics, and get something. I cant even keep this stuff steady. *SIGH* I need a video, up close slowly. How to exactly do it. Omg this is a great techqniue, but yet such a (YEAH YOU KNOW THE WORD) to get down. Some1 mind helping me with this video, up close. Slowing, on all the movments needed please?!?!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Sep 20 2007, 12:34 PM
Maybe it could be your finger strength. Try using 2 fingers first and the build the strength up once you get used to the pitch and the motion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 20 2007, 12:36 PM
QUOTE (Soul_Decision @ Sep 20 2007, 06:34 AM) *
Maybe it could be your finger strength. Try using 2 fingers first and the build the strength up once you get used to the pitch and the motion.

Nope, I cant do it with 1, 2, 3, or 4.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Sep 20 2007, 12:41 PM
So then I assume you've also tried using your whole arm for the motion?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 20 2007, 12:44 PM
QUOTE (Soul_Decision @ Sep 20 2007, 06:41 AM) *
So then I assume you've also tried using your whole arm for the motion?

Whole arm is not the proper way. Finger+wrist!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Sep 20 2007, 12:47 PM
Obvioulsy! But just give it a try, a very small arm motion. The point is to figure out how it works.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 20 2007, 12:51 PM
QUOTE (Soul_Decision @ Sep 20 2007, 06:47 AM) *
Obvioulsy! But just give it a try, a very small arm motion. The point is to figure out how it works.

ahh its still just not even getting close!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Sep 20 2007, 12:58 PM
If I could get the video working I could help you out a lot more. I can't though only sound. What media player do you use to play it? Unfortunately I have to go :/ I'll try and help you tomorrow

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 20 2007, 01:20 PM
QUOTE (Soul_Decision @ Sep 20 2007, 06:58 AM) *
If I could get the video working I could help you out a lot more. I can't though only sound. What media player do you use to play it? Unfortunately I have to go :/ I'll try and help you tomorrow

This Nero thing.

QUOTE (Ryan @ Sep 20 2007, 07:07 AM) *
This Nero thing.

It cant really be this simple can it? Seriously. I have my Index finger bone, up against the neck for support. So i decided to move it, and put it right beside the thumb. Hmm its works. WHAT THE HELL. Can it be that easy. Nooo THIS HAS to be wrong. It feels so awkward. So wrong. Sometimes hard to get to. Can it really be this easy though??

If I do it this way. its controlable. Very nice. NOOO this is wrong it has to be!!

OMG IM SORRY PEOPLE FOR CAUSING YOU TROUBLES.

It was that simple. But its so wrong for my hand. I have big hands so naturally. My Index Knuckle you would say naturally sits on the bottom of the neck. I watch marcus. One little aspect I missed. And His hand was placed closer the thumb.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Sep 21 2007, 05:31 AM
Nice!!! I'm glad you figured out the problem. Good job man.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 21 2007, 07:59 AM
QUOTE (Soul_Decision @ Sep 20 2007, 11:31 PM) *
Nice!!! I'm glad you figured out the problem. Good job man.

Now since i know how to place my hand. Now I have a new problem tongue.gif. How to get there quick and easy, so i can pull vibrato off.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Sep 21 2007, 08:13 AM
laugh.gif Practice slow and get it ingrained into your muscle memory. Practice like crazy and then you'll have it down! Also you can improvise and add stuff here and the to your favorite songs. Have fun! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 21 2007, 08:52 AM
QUOTE (Soul_Decision @ Sep 21 2007, 02:13 AM) *
laugh.gif Practice slow and get it ingrained into your muscle memory. Practice like crazy and then you'll have it down! Also you can improvise and add stuff here and the to your favorite songs. Have fun! smile.gif

Oh i will tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:14 AM