Podxt Through Amp
Enucleation
Jul 31 2008, 11:02 PM
GMC:er
Can anyone help me out, im having a tough time getting a good tone through an amp. I know I'm supposed to tell the pod what its connecting to (and this is probably a really noob thing here) but the manual mentions Live2x12 and Live 4x12. Th pod doesn't have those. It has Combo Front, COmbo Pwramp and Stack Front and Stack Front

Any help at all....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gus
Jul 31 2008, 11:46 PM
As I never had a good amp, so I actually use the pod as amp replacement (I tried for to long to get a good tone into a very bad amp).

But in your case, you should probably try both some tones without the POD amp modeling (using the POD only for effects) and some tones with the modeling through your amp clean channel.
Try first to match the output of the POD to the amp you have . I am supposing you are using in your Laney lv100. From internet I saw it has only one entry. I would try Combo front first. But other settings may actually sound better.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gus: Jul 31 2008, 11:47 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jul 31 2008, 11:55 PM
I use my pod x3 through my amp on clean... no effects at all on the amp, i can give you some nice tones if youre looking for some..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bedlam
Jul 31 2008, 11:58 PM
That's a tough question. Do you like the tone of your amp or would you prefer the podxt tone? When running through my boogie, I only use the effects, no amp modelers. For recording/headphones I turn the amp models back on. It takes many hours of tweeking.

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Aug 1 2008, 07:52 AM
I think I finally got it going, I just plugged it into the effects return to pretty much cancel out all the EQ on the amp so the Pod is apparently my new amp head XD

It's tough to leave the awesomeness that is Laney 's natural tone behind though, hah we have been through a lot.

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 1 2008, 09:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Enucleation @ Aug 1 2008, 08:52 AM) *
I think I finally got it going, I just plugged it into the effects return to pretty much cancel out all the EQ on the amp so the Pod is apparently my new amp head XD

It's tough to leave the awesomeness that is Laney 's natural tone behind though, hah we have been through a lot.

that's the best way !!! a cabinet is in fact a PREAMP + POWERAMP. Pod works like a poweramp so you should not need the cabinet preamp. When you connect the pod in the return you are just jumping over the preamp and using ONLY the poweramp smile.gif

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Aug 1 2008, 09:51 AM
If your headphones are plugged in they override your dield in settings to default value.
You have to unplug them.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Aug 1 2008, 06:52 PM
Learning Roadie
jus tso you know for future references, manuals throughout europe and america all have different things in them.

2x12 = combo, 4x12 = stack.... hope that helps tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:26 AM