The Black Dahlia Murder, Testament, Children Of Bodom Hammerstein Ball Room Nyc
fatb0t
Oct 10 2008, 03:16 PM
GMC:er
So for the second show this week I went to see The Black Dahlia Murder, TESTAMENT, and Children of Bodom.

Okay, so the venue was like an old look opera house. It had insanely high ceilings, chandellers, paintings on the roof, and balconies.

The first band on was The Black Dahlia murder - I was immediately reminded that I forgot my ear plugs. My friend ran into his ex girlfriend within minutes - pretty hilarious. The guys from TBDM were pretty cool from what I can tell... They did their own sound checks, made some jokes here and there. The singer was over weight and had this hilarious tattoo that said "Heartburn" across his belly. He had no shirt on and his man chesticles were flying around when he was flailing his arms in the air. I dunno - I didnt really like them at all - I don't really digs bands like that though. A lot kids were going nuts for this band. I actually saw a first at this show, there was a chick in the mosh pit! If a guy ran into her she'd start punching him in the face! I steered clear of her...I don't think she liked boys very much haha

TESTAMENT was up next - I forgot my ear plugs so my hearing was like almost already shot at this point. Alex Skolnicks hi's were peircingly brutual but it was pretty amazing to finally see this band. Chuck Billy had lots of energy and got the crowd going. Erik Peterson was playing guitar solos! I thought he was only a rhythm guitarist - not the case. I mean he's no Alex Skolnick but he's pretty good. 4 simultaenous mosh pits. There was a lot of younger kids at this show and a lot of older dudes, I feel like the older guys (me included) were here for TESTAMENT - while the younger generation was there for COB. They played a lot of stuff of their new CD Formation of Damnation which is a good CD but come one THEY DIDN'T EVEN PLAY SOULS OF BLACK!?!?!!?!?! COME ON. I was soooooo pissed off. Alex was doing some insane sweeping on some Les Paul look a like guitar - I have no idea what it was and Erik was playing a Dean Flying V.

COB came on next, Alexi kept on doing whammy artificial harmonics that literally made my head want to EXPLODE (not in a good way ahah). They played a lot of good tunes - once they started playing the new crap though I just left. First show I actually left early for in my entire life hahaha. Lots of hot chicks at this show - COB seems to attract the ladies. I can't believe how tiny Alexi is, he looks like a ghoul or something. He was pretty amazing shred wise though - I mean the audio in this place sucked (either that or my hearing was just blown) but he was getting down. he was trying to get the kids going a bit - over all a pretty good show. I'd say a 7.5/10 (Carcass being 10/10 wink.gif)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:15 PM