Bands' Unique Sound, What makes a certain band immediately identifyable?
kevvyg
Sep 4 2008, 01:02 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi guys,
I put this question as a video comment, but it was suggested that I put it on the main board too, as it's an interesting question (so I say so myself...).
The Queensryche lesson is absolutely in the style of Queensryche - very Operation Mindcrime. You can identify it's them from about the 2nd note! But why is this possible? It is true for many bands, but considering the fact that they all use the same notes and chords, what is it that makes a certain band stand out from the rest, musically speaking?

KG
ps. I don't want to get off track, but this is a guitar site. I know people are entitled to their beliefs but I find it a bit annoying when people keep going on about 'God'. My own opinion is that 'God' doesn't exist - how can he if loads of bad stuff keeps happening, like earthquakes, bombs, volcanoes, planes crashing, etc etc, and innocent people get killed. And why did 'God' kill off the dinosaurs, then wait for 65 million years before doing anything else?!! Anyway - I promise not to mention it again, - can we just stick to music?!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:12 PM