> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Mackerz's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 3 2012, 04:31 AM
Instructor
Hi Mack!! Welcome to your Gab's Army thread!!

Could you please tell me a bit about you, your musical tastes, influences, strengths and weaknesses? I would need some videos of you playing rhythm and solo guitar, so please post your best material here. If you have some music or ideas of your own, also post them here. Also let me know how you think that I can help you and what are your expectations for our job. You can check the other Army's thread to discover the different modalities of this project.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not realy just kidding... )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mackerz
Jul 4 2012, 06:31 AM
GMC:er
Hey Gabriel! Reporting for duty!!

So a little about me, let's see. I'm just about 30 years old, work as an artist in the video game industry, and I work a ton of overtime. I've been playing guitar on and off for a little under a year now, and I've taken some lessons, but I feel like I haven't progressed very much for a whole year.

My music tastes are fairly varied. I dig almost anything besides most rap and country. I'm not a very big pop/radio rock fan either, but theres a few bands In that category I dig. My main passion is metal, mostly epic metal. A quick rundown of some favorite bands of mine is Blind Guardian, Edguy, Hammerfall, Falconer, Elvenking, Symphony X, Nightingale, Gamma Ray, Iron Maiden, ect. ect. ect.

The styles I would love to most emulate are a mix between Edguy, Blind Guardian, and Nightingale! My long term musical goals is to write and record some original stuff, nothing fancy, I just wanna create something original! So I'm hoping to eventually learn everything from technique, to a tidbit oncomposing, down to arranging and putting something all together! Here's a video I recorded tonight just showing a little bit of what I can do currently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1klH0yAoKM

I think I'd really like to focus on rhythm guitar for now, I don't feel entirely comfortable with the idea of soloing yet. My biggest problem, I feel is a lack of direction, and I hope that's something you and the other soldiers can help me with!

I hope that's enough information to help you scheme up my training regiment!! Cheers!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 4 2012, 04:15 PM
Instructor
Hi and welcome mate! I have checked your video at youtube. It really helps me to know your current level. The first thing that I will comment is that your right hand should be more relaxed when your are playing, it's too rigid, and also try to make the movement a bit more from the wrist. I think that we could start working on this lesson, that is at your level and also of your taste...

this is my suggestion for this week:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/German...Metal-VI-Edguy/

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mackerz
Jul 4 2012, 11:53 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 4 2012, 03:15 PM) *
Hi and welcome mate! I have checked your video at youtube. It really helps me to know your current level. The first thing that I will comment is that your right hand should be more relaxed when your are playing, it's too rigid, and also try to make the movement a bit more from the wrist. I think that we could start working on this lesson, that is at your level and also of your taste...

this is my suggestion for this week:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/German...Metal-VI-Edguy/

What do you think?

Well I freakin' love Edguy and this lesson sounds awesome! I just played through each part and while it's a bit messy I can definitely do it! I'll post something up in a couple days!

For recording the final version, would you suggest recording each part separately and mixing/arranging them together in a track editor? Or would you recommend playing one part all the way through and then overlaying the other parts over that?

Thanks! I'll have something in a few days!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 5 2012, 03:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mackerz @ Jul 4 2012, 07:53 PM) *
Well I freakin' love Edguy and this lesson sounds awesome! I just played through each part and while it's a bit messy I can definitely do it! I'll post something up in a couple days!

For recording the final version, would you suggest recording each part separately and mixing/arranging them together in a track editor? Or would you recommend playing one part all the way through and then overlaying the other parts over that?

Thanks! I'll have something in a few days!

That-s great mate! I prefer that you record all in one take, to know exactly which things need some more work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mackerz
Jul 6 2012, 11:53 PM
Heya Gab, question! Could I get a more detailed breakdown of your tone settings? I have Line 6 Pod Farm, so the tone isn't compatible when I tried downloading it. I'm not very good with making my own tones yet, so I'm pretty clueless on how to get close! Especially the nice melodic part with the second guitar.

Thanks for any insight!

+Quote Post
Mackerz
Jul 7 2012, 02:58 AM
QUOTE (Mackerz @ Jul 6 2012, 10:53 PM) *
Heya Gab, question! Could I get a more detailed breakdown of your tone settings? I have Line 6 Pod Farm, so the tone isn't compatible when I tried downloading it. I'm not very good with making my own tones yet, so I'm pretty clueless on how to get close! Especially the nice melodic part with the second guitar.

Thanks for any insight!

And here's an update of my practice so far! Still pretty sloppy, but I'mma work on it daily, schedule permitting!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=753ULcfFbDI

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 7 2012, 04:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mackerz @ Jul 6 2012, 10:58 PM) *
And here's an update of my practice so far! Still pretty sloppy, but I'mma work on it daily, schedule permitting!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=753ULcfFbDI

Hi mate! I think that you are on the right track! You playing need more practice to make the chord changes smoother but with more days of practice you will be able to master it. You have to be careful with the timing, because sometimes you are off. Your tone is good but I think that the reverb is a bit loud or big.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mackerz
Jul 16 2012, 05:17 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 7 2012, 03:58 AM) *
Hi mate! I think that you are on the right track! You playing need more practice to make the chord changes smoother but with more days of practice you will be able to master it. You have to be careful with the timing, because sometimes you are off. Your tone is good but I think that the reverb is a bit loud or big.

Here's this weeks progress. I worked more on timing than anything, though it's still a little off. We're working lots of overtime at work, so I'm getting what practice in that I can!

Attached File  MackizarEdguy01.mp3 ( 1.74MB ) Number of downloads: 148

I'm going on vacation this week, so I won't be able to get back to this til early August, but feedback and ideas in the meantime are more than welcome! I wish I got a video for you, but it took a lot of takes to get it, and I just didnt feel like synching up video and dual recording and such this time! D:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 16 2012, 02:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mackerz @ Jul 16 2012, 01:17 AM) *
Here's this weeks progress. I worked more on timing than anything, though it's still a little off. We're working lots of overtime at work, so I'm getting what practice in that I can!

Attached File  MackizarEdguy01.mp3 ( 1.74MB ) Number of downloads: 148

I'm going on vacation this week, so I won't be able to get back to this til early August, but feedback and ideas in the meantime are more than welcome! I wish I got a video for you, but it took a lot of takes to get it, and I just didnt feel like synching up video and dual recording and such this time! D:

Hi mate, as you said the take has timing problems. I can notice that you are before the tempo most of the time so you have to recheck the whole lesson. Youi should use the main video or the guitar pro to follow and play the riffs over me or the midi, to copy exactly the tempo. Doing it at slower tempos could also help. I hope that you have a nice vacation! Let's continue working hard when you are back.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:57 AM