> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Pantera Style Riffs, Lesson By Diego Budicin
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

mhskeide
Dec 3 2020, 09:59 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Original lesson: Pantera Style Riffs by Diego Budicin

Hats of to Diego for yet another awesome lesson! I struggled a bit with the fast triplets in the end and having both groove and accuracy in the first riff after the intro, but I think I am on to something here. Still moving my right hand quite a lot (which has been marked during earlier feedback), but in this particular style, I think it is kinda fitting to get the articulation.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 4 2020, 04:30 AM
Instructor
Hi mate!!

Tight playing here!! I can notice that you've been working hard on your right hand technique. Your timing is precise, and most of the parts sound good here.

The only section that needs work is as you said the triplets part. This section is the faster one, and the main issue is the sound of you palm muted notes. It seems that your and note picking strong enough or that the pick angle that you are using is making the single note triplet sound dirty and imprecise.

I would isolate this rhythm and practice is as an exercise for some days before recording another REC take.

By the way, this is very close. Keep on rocking.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- mhskeide   Pantera Style Riffs   Dec 3 2020, 09:59 PM
- - Kristofer Dahl   WOW such nice right hand work! Even though yo...   Dec 4 2020, 06:53 PM
- - Todd Simpson   NICE!!! First off, I LOVE your control...   Dec 4 2020, 11:48 PM
- - Darius Wave   Hey there! Welll...I have to admit it is hard...   Dec 16 2020, 03:56 PM
- - Fran   Pass: 8   Jan 10 2021, 04:58 PM
nnn
nnn

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:36 PM