What Kind Of Pen To Use To Sign A Guitar?
zraw
Aug 3 2011, 08:40 PM
GMC:er
I would continue using that guitar of course, and I want the writing to stay on the body. What kind of pen should I use? Never done it before... The finish is very smooth and shiny, I'm afraid that it'll be blurred from the slightest touch...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 3 2011, 09:05 PM
Instructor
The guitar surface is lacquered ?!? In that case any waterproof marker pen will do the job . Just select the thickness of the marker, and a couple of times you should try it on a similar surface.

edit: After signing, wait a few minutes and that's it smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sinisa Cekic: Aug 3 2011, 09:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
zraw
Aug 3 2011, 09:25 PM
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Aug 3 2011, 10:05 PM) *
The guitar surface is lacquered ?!? In that case any waterproof marker pen will do the job . Just select the thickness of the marker, and a couple of times you should try it on a similar surface.

edit: After signing, wait a few minutes and that's it smile.gif

Thanks!

Yes it is lacquered:

I hope it will work!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 3 2011, 11:26 PM
Instructor
If it's not too late, what did you mean to sign? I mean, the top is beautiful, maybe it's a pity to spoil it with something that you could regret later ! After all , you can clean it anytime with a mild detergent and damp cloth or sponge.

PS: And please, don't blame me if something goes wrong! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
zraw
Aug 3 2011, 11:55 PM
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Aug 4 2011, 12:26 AM) *
If it's not too late, what did you mean to sign? I mean, the top is beautiful, maybe it's a pity to spoil it with something that you could regret later ! After all , you can clean it anytime with a mild detergent and damp cloth or sponge.

PS: And please, don't blame me if something goes wrong! biggrin.gif

oh its not me who will sign it, but Mr. John Petrucci... biggrin.gif I just need to be lucky enough tomorrow:)

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 4 2011, 01:04 AM
Instructor
wooo good luck with that!!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 4 2011, 10:51 AM
Instructor
Use those, he signed mine back in Bogota with that marker biggrin.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 4 2011, 11:28 AM
Instructor
Good luck with that mate! I have used the same marker for 12 signatures biggrin.gif starting rom 2005 till last year. It's dried now sad.gif but it was touched by a bunch of awesome musicians tongue.gif

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Aug 4 2011, 03:48 PM
a screwdriver man that's rock attitude! smile.gif

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 4 2011, 04:17 PM
Instructor
I know a dude who asked Steve Vai to do that to his guitar, and Steve was like 'uh-oh...ummm ...are you sure? ...' he signed it though...with the screwdriver biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 4 2011, 09:06 PM
Instructor
Great ! Like I said - give him a paper to practice first.... several times ! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:50 AM