Favourite Soundtracks Composer?
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2011, 06:06 PM
Instructor
Hello guys! this thread is to know your favourite film music composers!
This is one of my favourites: Danny Elfman

I also like Hans Zimmer and Howard Shore (Lord of the rings soundtrack)

who is your favourite?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
quadrium
Jun 12 2011, 06:42 PM
Learning Tone Master
Definetely David Holmes! smile.gif smile.gif

Dogukan,

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2011, 07:09 PM
Instructor
That's a really cool tune! I didn't know him.. In which Movies has he worked?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 12 2011, 07:14 PM
GMC:er
Christopher Young remains my personal Fav. I love his orchestration and his use of dark themes/melodies. Ages ago he did a soundtrack for a movie called JENNIFER 8 which I only learned about a bit ago. It's my Fav movie soundtrack. Killer Cello! Very subtle stuff though.

He has done TONS of movies including big Hollywood Comic Book flicks as well as small movies. The smaller ones are usually more interesting to me in terms of score. BIG scores can be a bit predictable.

Here he is on IMDB with a list of everything he ever did.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002366/

+Quote Post
K1R
Jun 12 2011, 07:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm not sure, but as I remember, Buckethead composed some movie soundtracks too.

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 12 2011, 07:33 PM
Instructor
Most definitely Hans Zimmer and Howard Shore for me as well biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2011, 07:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 12 2011, 03:14 PM) *
Christopher Young remains my personal Fav. I love his orchestration and his use of dark themes/melodies. Ages ago he did a soundtrack for a movie called JENNIFER 8 which I only learned about a bit ago. It's my Fav movie soundtrack. Killer Cello! Very subtle stuff though.

He has done TONS of movies including big Hollywood Comic Book flicks as well as small movies. The smaller ones are usually more interesting to me in terms of score. BIG scores can be a bit predictable.

Here he is on IMDB with a list of everything he ever did.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002366/

Beautiful music!! Thanks for the links Todd. That dark melody is awesome! biggrin.gif
Here I found a cool compilation of his works

QUOTE (K1R @ Jun 12 2011, 03:25 PM) *
I'm not sure, but as I remember, Buckethead composed some movie soundtracks too.

I think that I read something about it but I'm not sure..

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 12 2011, 03:33 PM) *
Most definitely Hans Zimmer and Howard Shore for me as well biggrin.gif

yeah! they rock!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Jun 12 2011, 08:42 PM
Ennio Morricone in my opinion is the best. plus I would check Nino Rota. But these are a bit different from the ones mentioned above. Should be my age!

Carmine

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 12 2011, 09:11 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 12 2011, 06:09 PM) *
That's a really cool tune! I didn't know him.. In which Movies has he worked?

He worked in:

Resurrection Man (1998)
Out of Sight (1998)
Buffalo Soldiers (2001)
Ocean's Eleven (2001)
Analyze That (2003)
Code 46 (2003)
Stander (2003)
Ocean's Twelve (2004)
The Good German (2006) (Score rejected by director Steven Soderbergh; Holmes replaced by Thomas Newman)
Ocean's Thirteen (2007)
Hunger (2008)
The Girlfriend Experience (2009)
Perrier's Bounty (2009)
The Edge (2010)

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jun 12 2011, 10:10 PM
QUOTE (K1R @ Jun 12 2011, 02:25 PM) *

He's had a few movies that he had songs in. Saw 2, Mortal Kombat, Power Rangers, and more.

My fav composer would be Danny Elfman he reminds me of Danny Lohner with his style/sound. After that I have to go with John Williams.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2011, 10:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Jun 12 2011, 04:42 PM) *
Ennio Morricone in my opinion is the best. plus I would check Nino Rota. But these are a bit different from the ones mentioned above. Should be my age!

Carmine

Yeah! they are legendary composers! they are the godfathers of the film music! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Jun 12 2011, 06:10 PM) *
He's had a few movies that he had songs in. Saw 2, Mortal Kombat, Power Rangers, and more.

My fav composer would be Danny Elfman he reminds me of Danny Lohner with his style/sound. After that I have to go with John Williams.

ahh yes, those are the soundtracks in which Buckethead woked!

QUOTE (quadrium @ Jun 12 2011, 05:11 PM) *
He worked in:

Resurrection Man (1998)
Out of Sight (1998)
Buffalo Soldiers (2001)
Ocean's Eleven (2001)
Analyze That (2003)
Code 46 (2003)
Stander (2003)
Ocean's Twelve (2004)
The Good German (2006) (Score rejected by director Steven Soderbergh; Holmes replaced by Thomas Newman)
Ocean's Thirteen (2007)
Hunger (2008)
The Girlfriend Experience (2009)
Perrier's Bounty (2009)
The Edge (2010)

Thank you! I'll check these ones! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Fusar
Jun 12 2011, 10:22 PM
Puh, difficult to chose between Zimmer, Desplat, Williams and Shore (wah I LOVE LoR-Soundtrack!!!)
Instead I'll go for Yann Tiersen, very simple, but very touching music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZJDNSp1QJA

This post has been edited by Fusar: Jun 12 2011, 10:26 PM

--------------------

For all who are interested, I own a Yahama Pacifica 112 and a Spider Line 6 15W Amp

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2011, 10:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fusar @ Jun 12 2011, 06:22 PM) *
Puh, difficult to chose between Zimmer, Desplat, Williams and Shore (wah I LOVE LoR-Soundtrack!!!)
Instead I'll go for Yann Tiersen, very simple, but very touching music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZJDNSp1QJA

yeah! I forgot Tiersen because I don't relate him too much to movies but he is an awesome composer. His music is so deep. I could see him here in a live concert and it was really cool. He did a rock concert where he played electric guitar and sang but he didn't forgot to take his accordion and play Amelie main theme. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 12 2011, 11:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Jun 12 2011, 09:42 PM) *

Carmine

Definitely Ennio, then a big gap and then the others !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fusar
Jun 13 2011, 12:10 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 12 2011, 11:42 PM) *
yeah! I forgot Tiersen because I don't relate him too much to movies but he is an awesome composer. His music is so deep. I could see him here in a live concert and it was really cool. He did a rock concert where he played electric guitar and sang but he didn't forgot to take his accordion and play Amelie main theme. smile.gif

Yep, think he composed for "Amelie" as well as the German film "Goodbye Lenin". Ah, I've seen some vids where he played electric guitar, some nice songs, but he's best when he plays the piano smile.gif I really like this improvisation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8lPEgqE16o

--------------------

For all who are interested, I own a Yahama Pacifica 112 and a Spider Line 6 15W Amp

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 13 2011, 05:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fusar @ Jun 12 2011, 08:10 PM) *
Yep, think he composed for "Amelie" as well as the German film "Goodbye Lenin". Ah, I've seen some vids where he played electric guitar, some nice songs, but he's best when he plays the piano smile.gif I really like this improvisation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8lPEgqE16o

yeah! I love that song! I have the album that includes the song on which is based the improvisation. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 13 2011, 03:56 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
As a devoted star wars fan, my vote goes to John Williams smile.gif And not just for those movies, he's done plenty more!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 13 2011, 04:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fran @ Jun 13 2011, 11:56 AM) *
As a devoted star wars fan, my vote goes to John Williams smile.gif And not just for those movies, he's done plenty more!

Another Film Music Super Star! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
micpon
Jun 13 2011, 05:56 PM
Angelo Badalamenti!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 13 2011, 06:26 PM
Instructor
You guys should also listen to the complete soundtrack of 'Zorba the Greek' - I dont quite remember the name of the composer but the soundtrack is awesome - it sounds primitive and deep, beautiful and sunny tongue.gif try it!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:22 PM