Article Suggestions
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 30 2007, 02:22 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Guys, you were all handpicked for this important task because you have shown time and again on the boards that you have something to say!

To get things rolling, I'd like to share a couple of suggestions with each of you for articles that I think you could write really well - feel free to ignore me f you have something better in mind, these are just suggestions smile.gif

Matt

How about an article aimed at beginners for putting together a practice schedule? I have seen a number of excellent post from you in this area.

Another area you do well in is in explaining the importance of a little musical theory in every guitarists life - perhaps you could make an article around that?

Hardtail

You have written some excellent posts on technical aspects of Tube amps - how about a series of articles describing how they work, and answering common questions such as impedance matching of speakers. the Tube loudness trap, and perhaps some info on making a tube amp get the sound you want? (I remember a particular post a few months back where you were explaining all sorts of amp options to get different sounds - it was fascinating!

Dan

I have seen some really cool posts from you about modding guitars, and pickup selection (even if you do have an SD bias!) So how about an article or two on taking a stock guitar and hotrodding it?

Looking forward to seeing all these amazing articles in the GMC WikiPedia!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Dec 1 2007, 12:40 AM
GMC:er
Andrew smile.gif
So if i just wrote an article with the topic ''How to modify your Electric Guitar'' and included info on replacing stock parts along with upgrades you can do,would that be cool to start??Also how should i go about writting out the article??I saw your post saying that we could just use word pad ,but then what>?Do i just upload it on here?Just give me as much info as you can on how to get it on here and where it should go cause the writting part isnt a problem i just need to know how to go about doing it smile.gif Last question is should we include any pictures in the articles?

Also thanks again Andrew and Kris for selecting me to contribute in this.It was very nice of you wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by shredmandan: Dec 1 2007, 12:41 AM

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 1 2007, 02:30 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Nov 30 2007, 06:40 PM) *
Andrew smile.gif
So if i just wrote an article with the topic ''How to modify your Electric Guitar'' and included info on replacing stock parts along with upgrades you can do,would that be cool to start??Also how should i go about writting out the article??I saw your post saying that we could just use word pad ,but then what>?Do i just upload it on here?Just give me as much info as you can on how to get it on here and where it should go cause the writting part isnt a problem i just need to know how to go about doing it smile.gif Last question is should we include any pictures in the articles?

Also thanks again Andrew and Kris for selecting me to contribute in this.It was very nice of you wink.gif

Sounds pretty cool and exactly what I had in mind smile.gif

Pictures are definitely in - they add interest and make things look more professional, but not too many I would say.

As regards getting it into the Wiki, I am waiting to get the go ahead from Kris that we can start adding stuff, and I'll give you a few pointers when we get that.

Good job Dan, you are way ahead of the others sounds like smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Dec 1 2007, 03:36 AM
Cool Andrew, I'll start putting some stuff together starting with some other posts i've made like you suggested.

Hardtail

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 2 2007, 06:13 PM
Lets go fishing!
Sounds good to me Andrew, I have all day tommorow off so I will get started on this asap smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 7 2007, 12:15 PM
GMC Founder
Ok - so my plan is to cover gmc site related articles. I will write articles about GMC history and the people involved! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 7 2007, 01:04 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 7 2007, 06:15 AM) *
Ok - so my plan is to cover gmc site related articles. I will write articles about GMC history and the people involved! biggrin.gif

Dan have you managed to post yet? If not, I'll have another look at it for you!

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 7 2007, 06:48 PM
Lets go fishing!
I am working on my articles guys! I hopefull to finish them this weekend. Sorry for the delay work has been so busy !! sad.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 7 2007, 10:58 PM
Hey Dan,

I created a skeleton article for you, using a template - you can find it here:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...Gear/GuitarMods

All you need to do is follow that link and click on the edit tab and you should be able to add your stuff in smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Dec 8 2007, 10:58 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Dec 7 2007, 07:04 AM) *
Dan have you managed to post yet? If not, I'll have another look at it for you!

Not yet but i see below that you have got a skelton? started for me so i will be checking that out and trying to get started.Thats alot wink.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 9 2007, 05:50 PM
Lets go fishing!
Ok I have written a long artle on practice, can we post yet? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 9 2007, 09:17 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Dec 9 2007, 11:50 AM) *
Ok I have written a long artle on practice, can we post yet? smile.gif

Yes, go ahead!

Follow hardtails advice and let us know how you make out ...

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 9 2007, 09:22 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Dec 9 2007, 08:17 PM) *
Yes, go ahead!

Follow hardtails advice and let us know how you make out ...

Thats great. I have decided to add just a few extra lines and will have it up for tommorow ! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 10 2007, 01:41 PM
Lets go fishing!
Ok im unsure where to post my article on practicing ! not sure which catagory it would go under, help! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Dec 11 2007, 02:25 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Dec 10 2007, 07:41 AM) *
Ok im unsure where to post my article on practicing ! not sure which catagory it would go under, help! laugh.gif

I'd put it under techniques for now. The great thing about wiki's is we can move it later no problem. smile.gif

Hardtail

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 11 2007, 03:26 AM
QUOTE (Hardtail @ Dec 10 2007, 08:25 PM) *
I'd put it under techniques for now. The great thing about wiki's is we can move it later no problem. smile.gif

Hardtail

Yep, good plan Hardtail smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 11 2007, 10:03 AM
Lets go fishing!
OK cool thanks hardtail smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 11 2007, 10:46 AM
GMC Founder
Great advice hardtail! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:28 AM