2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Anyone Ever Heard Of Agile Guitars?
TreyDeschamp
Mar 15 2013, 03:08 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I was looking at 8 strings on ebay and came across this brand. They seem to be a brand specialized in 8-string guitars.

Anyone ever played or heard any good things about them?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 15 2013, 08:02 AM
Learning Roadie
Yes

I haven't played them, but many a good thing have been said about them especially the slightly higher price range ones.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/search.ph...archid=43195572

Check that search over at The Gear Page, you'll see it's mostly positive.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Socky42
Mar 15 2013, 08:41 AM
GMC:er
I ordered a semi-custom from them purely on good comments on the internet etc. I won't get it till June/July, but the support so far has been great.

Guess it's worth noting that they're having a sale right now on http://www.rondomusic.com

Our fiscal year end is approaching in two weeks and we must clear out some of our inventory. Our overstock is your savings! Supplies are very limited and special prices will only be for a limited time.

Kurt

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 15 2013, 12:01 PM
Instructor
There's a guy here -> TylerT. He owns one and he is very satisfied smile.gif Agile Interceptor, if I am not mistaken, but talk to him wink.gif He's a great player and all around nice dude!

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Mar 15 2013, 01:20 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 15 2013, 12:01 PM) *
There's a guy here -> TylerT. He owns one and he is very satisfied smile.gif Agile Interceptor, if I am not mistaken, but talk to him wink.gif He's a great player and all around nice dude!

Tyler plays one on here : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48147

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Mar 15 2013, 01:21 PM
I know a guy who gigs with a 7 string Agile and loves it.

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 15 2013, 01:29 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Don't know from personal experience but heard wonders about them, if you really want to get into it, besides Mayones (Although that's not for everyone's wallet tongue.gif ) , I would get an Agile.

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Mar 15 2013, 04:46 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

I have been wondering about Agile guitars myself lately since I'm in the market for a 7 string. I found some decent demonstrations with Agile guitars on YT. If I'm not mistaken, they are one of the only manufactures that make 9 string guitars.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 15 2013, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. I've seen some on eBay selling for around $450 and thats just for an 8-string.

I'll probably go off of the good word through you guys and on random internet searches and I'll snag one. wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 15 2013, 05:33 PM
They are amazing value for money, especially the slightly higher end models.

I've worked on a couple and was very impressed with the build quality, so much so that I am seriously considering in investing in one of their 7 stringers myself!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 15 2013, 05:39 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Mar 15 2013, 11:33 AM) *
They are amazing value for money, especially the slightly higher end models.

I've worked on a couple and was very impressed with the build quality, so much so that I am seriously considering in investing in one of their 7 stringers myself!!
biggrin.gif

Sounds awesome Sensi!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Mar 16 2013, 10:29 AM
Yeah I know a few people with Agile Intrepid 8 strings, they're supposedly very good!

+Quote Post
Davidzz1988
Mar 17 2013, 04:01 AM
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 14 2013, 10:08 PM) *
I was looking at 8 strings on ebay and came across this brand. They seem to be a brand specialized in 8-string guitars.

Anyone ever played or heard any good things about them?

Go for it man! They are great for the price.

Check out for the Agile ''Pro'' models! (Intrepid, Interceptor and Pendulum)

They offer 27'' to 30'' neck length which is very good if you want to tune low and have defined notes.

The pendulum model is a multi-scale guitar with fanned frets. The top strings of the neck is @ 30'' for better tension and the bottom strings are @ 27'' to have the perfect tension for solos.

At this price range you will never have any Multi-scale guitar and the other 8 strings guitar brand that make axes in this price range will never have a neck length longer than 26.5'' to 27.5'' .

The downside of these guitars is the stock pickups. I find them to be a little dull sounding. They're not bad, but not that great. You definitly wanna check out theses pickups brand:

Lundgrens pickups(m8 model)
Barknuckle pickups

--------------------
All the best,

David Ladouceur Dupuis

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 17 2013, 04:48 AM
QUOTE (Davidzz1988 @ Mar 16 2013, 10:01 PM) *
Go for it man! They are great for the price.

Check out for the Agile ''Pro'' models! (Intrepid, Interceptor and Pendulum)

They offer 27'' to 30'' neck length which is very good if you want to tune low and have defined notes.

The pendulum model is a multi-scale guitar with fanned frets. The top strings of the neck is @ 30'' for better tension and the bottom strings are @ 27'' to have the perfect tension for solos.

At this price range you will never have any Multi-scale guitar and the other 8 strings guitar brand that make axes in this price range will never have a neck length longer than 26.5'' to 27.5'' .

The downside of these guitars is the stock pickups. I find them to be a little dull sounding. They're not bad, but not that great. You definitly wanna check out theses pickups brand:

Lundgrens pickups(m8 model)
Barknuckle pickups

Thanks for the info man!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 17 2013, 11:55 AM
Instructor
Awesome input on the Agile, btw, sorry for correcting biggrin.gif it's Bareknuckle Pickups

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Mar 17 2013, 12:14 PM
my bandmate used to own one, one of those purple colored 7 strings, He liked it a lot

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Mar 17 2013, 12:14 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 17 2013, 11:55 AM) *
Awesome input on the Agile, btw, sorry for correcting biggrin.gif it's Bareknuckle Pickups

with replies like that you might get a barknuckle sandwich

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 17 2013, 03:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Mar 17 2013, 11:14 AM) *
with replies like that you might get a barknuckle sandwich

biggrin.gif What sort of a sandwich is that, man?

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Mar 17 2013, 04:02 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 17 2013, 03:20 PM) *
biggrin.gif What sort of a sandwich is that, man?

Its one of these Cosmin...Not usually ordered often given as unexpected gift.........

Attached Image

Image stolen from internet. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 17 2013, 04:03 PM
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Mar 17 2013, 10:02 AM) *
Its one of these Cosmin...Not usually ordered often given as unexpected gift.........

Attached Image

Image stolen from internet. laugh.gif

An unexpected gift to the face laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:09 PM