2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Tendonitis - Anyone Can Get Hurt
sidewas lightnin...
Jun 5 2008, 06:31 PM
GMC:er
Pretty scary how you can hurt yourself with anything, even a guitar! You can, after all, choke and die because of a teddy bear, or get rabies because of a little hamster. ohmy.gif I'm afraid now.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I spelled my username wrong...I didn't even think that was possible!

Look at the topic for my guitar...
Finished Guitar Build

Gear:
Homemade strat (You still need to look at its topic!)
Squier strat (probably going to get rid of it and get another guitar instead) :)
Line 6 spider amp (not actually used for anything, just acts as a speaker)
Digitech Gnx2 (kind of old, but cheap, and sounds amazing!)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Jun 27 2008, 09:03 PM
I wonder if I might have some kind of injury, nothing severe, but still after I read this topic a couple of days ago, I've been a little cautious. I can feel a little pain sometimes in my left wrist (If that's what it's called in English), but if it is real or just placebo playing with me, I don't know mellow.gif Though I'll try to get to a doctor or something to be sure, haven't been playing guitar at all today just to be sure. dry.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jun 30 2008, 08:48 AM
Allright, so yesterday my arm started cramping up from my elbow to my pinky. I think I've been exhausting the little man a bit too much lately. I feel better now, it doesn't hurt anymore when I type, but I'm still too scared to play the guitar! I really hate this. It's like every second I play counts and now I'm going to be out for a week.

How many days of rest would you recommend?

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 16 2008, 09:45 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Jun 30 2008, 09:48 AM) *
How many days of rest would you recommend?

Until you don't feel any pain at all. This is serious stuff so be true to yourself!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jenbu_Nor
Feb 11 2009, 08:02 PM
I think this come a bit late, but could this happen with your both arms. When I say both arms I mean left and right, not both at the same time. Is it normal to get it in your swing arm or the other. Why I ask is because I got pain in my swing arm blink.gif

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Feb 20 2009, 02:32 PM
I have a question about this subject. I easily get tired in my hands, and then I get a bit of pain in the muscles just like I would if I had been working out in a gym, I can see that it's perfectly normal. But my problem is, that happens like once a week for 3 days, so I can play for 4 days, then I feel pain for 3, etc. Can it have something to do with some injury, and what can I do to prevent that? I want to be able to play guitar professionally at some point in my life, so it feels like the way things are now won't work in the long run.

Any tips or thoughts or anything?

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:55 AM