5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Kristofer Dahl - A Loner, My new tune!
AlexLion
Apr 19 2009, 03:00 PM
GMC:er
Awesome! laugh.gif Like the chorus and solo very much! Solo remind me of Luca Turilli, just he usually don`t use wah.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 19 2009, 03:13 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Apr 19 2009, 03:59 PM) *
Just like that, removing and not adding. smile.gif

Edit, you'll probably have to boost channel's level afterwards,
less trebs or whatever always results in less volume as well. smile.gif

I followed your advice in this sample - and to me it is now more pleasant to the ears...what do you think? (basically I applied it to the whole mix - as the treble came from the mastering software, so that's also where I reduced it) Also overall levels are lower now as you predicted - but they where on the edge of distorting before, so it doesn't hurt.
Attached File  a_loner_master12.mp3 ( 1.02MB ) Number of downloads: 237

QUOTE (AlexLion @ Apr 19 2009, 04:00 PM) *
Awesome! laugh.gif Like the chorus and solo very much! Solo remind me of Luca Turilli, just he usually don`t use wah.

hehe thanks! Yes I decided it was time to use the dusty wah pedal once again biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 19 2009, 03:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 19 2009, 04:13 PM) *
I followed your advice in this sample - and to me it is now more pleasant to the ears...what do you think? (basically I applied it to the whole mix - as the treble came from the mastering software, so that's also where I reduced it) Also overall levels are lower now as you predicted - but they where on the edge of distorting before, so it doesn't hurt.
Attached File  a_loner_master12.mp3 ( 1.02MB ) Number of downloads: 237

Yeah, it's much more "meaty" now!!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 19 2009, 03:23 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Apr 19 2009, 04:21 PM) *
Yeah, it's much more "meaty" now!!

Awesome thanks so much for the advice Muris - I'll tweak a little more and create a new mix! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 19 2009, 03:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 19 2009, 04:23 PM) *
Awesome thanks so much for the advice Muris - I'll tweak a little more and create a new mix! biggrin.gif

You're very welcome Kris!
On the other side, tastes are soo different
and there is no "perfect" mix whatsoever
but we can always tweak a bit, that's for sure. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 19 2009, 03:37 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Sounds good, specially the chorus & that killer solo. Voice sounds great but it's maybe a bit hidden by the riffing.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 19 2009, 03:51 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Solo is awesome Kris! The song as whole is very catchy too, I get a little BLS vibe from it too. smile.gif I agree that the second mix is better and and has a bit more bite to it. Imo, I think the drums could use some more bass to give it a much heavier sound. Like Muris said, opinions will vary and I think you did a fantastic job with this one Kris. cool.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 19 2009, 03:59 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Thanks Kris smile.gif
I'll try to master this one as well if you like..?
I'll add an explanation this time around as well, totally forgit about that last time I'm afraid sad.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 19 2009, 04:10 PM
Great one Kris!!! Gives me a SOAD kind of vibe too!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
steve25
Apr 19 2009, 04:30 PM
The song is really great Kris, the only thing is though, it hurts my ears a little bit

+Quote Post
Roadside
Apr 19 2009, 05:27 PM
Greaaaat tune, chorus is very catchy and as already said reminds me a bit of SOAD too. I think your voice could sound even more awesome recorded and mixed up in a studio. But great quality for home recording ( ? ) anyway! Great one again, congrats for making me some fun this evening smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 19 2009, 05:45 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Apr 19 2009, 04:59 PM) *
Thanks Kris smile.gif
I'll try to master this one as well if you like..?
I'll add an explanation this time around as well, totally forgit about that last time I'm afraid sad.gif

Absolutely - I'd love to hear how it sounds after your touch! If anyone else wants to have go that would be very cool as well.
Attached File  a_loner_no_master.wav ( 52.85MB ) Number of downloads: 222

QUOTE (skennington @ Apr 19 2009, 04:51 PM) *
Solo is awesome Kris! The song as whole is very catchy too, I get a little BLS vibe from it too. smile.gif I agree that the second mix is better and and has a bit more bite to it. Imo, I think the drums could use some more bass to give it a much heavier sound. Like Muris said, opinions will vary and I think you did a fantastic job with this one Kris. cool.gif

Thanks Steve! The BLS sound might come from the artificial harmonics - love those.

QUOTE (Roadside @ Apr 19 2009, 06:27 PM) *
Greaaaat tune, chorus is very catchy and as already said reminds me a bit of SOAD too. I think your voice could sound even more awesome recorded and mixed up in a studio. But great quality for home recording ( ? ) anyway! Great one again, congrats for making me some fun this evening smile.gif

Thanks! smile.gif Yes home recording (but under improvement!).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carlos Carrillo
Apr 19 2009, 06:05 PM
Instructor
Im check this now! Really cool song Kris! and the sounds,just WOW! wow solo too! ohmy.gif wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 19 2009, 07:39 PM
Had a go at it Kris, check it out... Rendered MP3 though to keep the file size down.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Kris_Loner.mp3 ( 7.98MB ) Number of downloads: 200

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 19 2009, 07:43 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (skennington @ Apr 19 2009, 08:39 PM) *
Had a go at it Kris, check it out... Rendered MP3 though to keep the file size down.

Very cool Steve, turned into a completely different tune! I really liked the strong 1-3 beat feeling on the verses. Also it had a very wide stereo feel which my version might have lacked. Thanks! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 19 2009, 08:14 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 19 2009, 06:45 PM) *
Absolutely - I'd love to hear how it sounds after your touch! If anyone else wants to have go that would be very cool as well.
Attached File  a_loner_no_master.wav ( 52.85MB ) Number of downloads: 222

Thanks smile.gif
I'm on it!

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 19 2009, 08:15 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Great Song Kris wink.gif

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 19 2009, 08:18 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 19 2009, 02:43 PM) *
Very cool Steve, turned into a completely different tune! I really liked the strong 1-3 beat feeling on the verses. Also it had a very wide stereo feel which my version might have lacked. Thanks! biggrin.gif

Glad you liked it, for some reason I heard some drop in decibel toward the end, not sure why..I think my antivirus scan kicked i during the render.. laugh.gif Would love to have had the solo track separate, could have boosted it a bit more. smile.gif As far as the stereo feel, I just dubbed the track and panned each. Set the right out a few milliseconds, I love the width it gives to a track.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 19 2009, 08:50 PM
Well, here's my quick take smile.gif

Loner Master Test: Attached File  master2.mp3 ( 7.93MB ) Number of downloads: 233

I added some lows, and removed a little mid with a equalizer.
Added a little tube excitement in the output, as well as a stereo expander..
And finally I used one of TC electronics mastering tools where I added some limiter, compressor, a little highs to sweeten it up (tongue.gif) and removing the clipping that came with the additional plug-ins smile.gif

The stereo expander doesn't work as well as it should when only having one track
to work it's magic on, but it does ok still..

You're track is too loud to begin with actually, asyou can see on the wave file.
It's very compressed, but I think I worked my way well around that and did a good master smile.gif

The best would have been to have all the tracks, with no plug-ins on them so I could mix them
myself and master it, but I'm sure you wanna be in control of mixing your own song biggrin.gif

Anyway, hope you like it smile.gif

Skenningtons take was also good, although I find it to be too wide when dubbing tracks and working with it that way.
That's why I like a Stereo Enhancer better, makes it more subtle, but still very noticable smile.gif
But good work Skenny, just turn off you Antivirus next time wink.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Apr 19 2009, 08:52 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 19 2009, 09:00 PM
Instructor
The 2nd Kris's version sounds better than first one! smile.gif

Master mix from audiopaal sounds great too, I think it is a bit too boomy tho. A more subtle compression would be better.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Apr 19 2009, 09:00 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:43 PM