Nocturnal Vision
gerri
Apr 24 2009, 12:14 PM
GMC:er
Hi kristofer,
I want know wich effect you use in your wonderful nocturnal vision
Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 27 2009, 05:04 PM
GMC Founder
I just sent Marcus an audio file with a competely dry signal - which he processed through his Pod XT (a pretty cool recording technique). I am not sure which settings he used or if he still has them - but I will bounce this over to his board - so we can see what he says! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
May 16 2009, 08:54 PM
Instructor
I'm sorry, I've totally missed this thread. I apologize for that!

Yes, Kris is perfectly right. We used a recording technique which I believe is called re-amping. He basically sent me the dry signal from his guitar, and then I processed that audio file through my PODxt.

Here are the two POD presets that we used for both mine and Kris's guitar.
Attached File  Nocturnal_Vision_1.l6t ( 1.84K ) Number of downloads: 329

Attached File  Nocturnal_Vision_2.l6t ( 1.84K ) Number of downloads: 289

here's the lesson for those of you who missed it smile.gif
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-vision-lesson/

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
chmilew
May 16 2009, 09:05 PM
GMC:er
One of the best lesson here at GMC IMHO smile.gif

+Quote Post
Wabba
May 16 2009, 09:12 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
I like that song smile.gif

But shouldn't the lesson difficulty be something more than 4? It seems to contain pretty advanced stuff.

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
May 16 2009, 09:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (chmilew @ May 16 2009, 10:05 PM) *
One of the best lesson here at GMC IMHO smile.gif

oh, thanks for your kind words chmilew smile.gif

QUOTE (Wabba @ May 16 2009, 10:12 PM) *
But shouldn't the lesson difficulty be something more than 4? It seems to contain pretty advanced stuff.

Maybe you're right Wabba, but in this case I think it's hard to set the difficult-level because it's a whole song which starts of pretty easy and it gets more and more difficult towards the end.

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Wabba
May 16 2009, 09:49 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ May 16 2009, 10:17 PM) *
Maybe you're right Wabba, but in this case I think it's hard to set the difficult-level because it's a whole song which starts of pretty easy and it gets more and more difficult towards the end.

Yeah, but shouldn't the lesson difficulty be set by the hardest part of the lesson? For an example, if you have level 4 phrasing first and level 9 shred at the end, the difficulty would be 9.

But you're an instructor, and I'm not, so perhaps you know better smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 16 2009, 10:04 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Wabba @ May 16 2009, 10:49 PM) *
Yeah, but shouldn't the lesson difficulty be set by the hardest part of the lesson? For an example, if you have level 4 phrasing first and level 9 shred at the end, the difficulty would be 9.

From a REC perspective you are definitely right, from a not-to-scare-people-away-with-a-high-difficulty-level-when-there-are-easy-licks perspective it might be ok though! (long word huh.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:18 AM