2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Watch Me Dance, ...and play & sing!
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 14 2009, 05:53 PM
GMC Founder
Ok so doesn't look like I will be able to hide this from the pubic eye much longer - so here we go laugh.gif

Watch it in 720p HD at youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3byKXWppsM

Also - some of you have requested a singing lesson. I haven't done this so far simply because I don't feel very comfortable with my vocal technique yet. However in this video I have tried to explain how I approach practicing getting a rock/metal voice.

edit - I dance much better than Beyonce - in case you didn't notice wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 14 2009, 06:14 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 14 2009, 05:53 PM) *
edit - I dance much better than Beyonce - in case you didn't notice wink.gif

I think this could stir up quite a debate!!!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 14 2009, 06:17 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jun 14 2009, 07:14 PM) *
I think this could stir up quite a debate!!!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Why? Everyone knows it's the truth.

I can't possibly imagine we'll be seeing anything else than lots of people agreeing to this statement. (well ok some might say we are pretty equal - but that's probably just because they didn't watch the slipper close-up at the end of the video)

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 14 2009, 06:20 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
laugh.gif laugh.gif You should send this as an application to Dancing with the Stars, maybe you and Beyonce will get paired up... tongue.gif

Great video man, the quality is top notch and I enjoyed listening to your approach to vocals. smile.gif

BTW, the slipper kick was awesome! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jun 14 2009, 06:22 PM
Instructor
I would love to see Beyonce attempt those air-guitar moves! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 14 2009, 06:22 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (skennington @ Jun 14 2009, 07:20 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif You should send this as an application to Dancing with the Stars, maybe you and Beyonce will get paired up... tongue.gif

I haven't received her application yet - are you sure she has sent it to this address: [email protected] ?

QUOTE (skennington @ Jun 14 2009, 07:20 PM) *
Great video man, the quality is top notch and I enjoyed listening to your approach to vocals. smile.gif

Thanks! laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 14 2009, 06:23 PM
GMC:er
Now put your hands up
Up in the club, we just broke up
I'm doing my own little thing
Decided to dip and now you wanna trip
Cause another brother noticed me

Are you sure you want all that attention from the Brothers????
wink.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Jun 14 2009, 06:37 PM
Instructor
Excellent song and cool video Kris !

PS: Beyonce can't do this awesome slipper kick, so you're much better - But she's just got other advantages ... biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 14 2009, 06:38 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jun 14 2009, 07:23 PM) *
Are you sure you want all that attention from the Brothers????
wink.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Sounds dangerous - I guess not unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kahall
Jun 14 2009, 06:44 PM
Learning Roadie
So do you always set a glass of water over all of your electronics?

Other than that you seem perfectly normal. ;-)

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 14 2009, 06:44 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 14 2009, 01:22 PM) *
I haven't received her application yet - are you sure she has sent it to this address: [email protected] ?

laugh.gif laugh.gif her agent may have pulled the plug due to your amazing dance skills. tongue.gif I think you would be better paired with Paula Abdul.. unsure.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jun 14 2009, 06:46 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Kris strikes again laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canis
Jun 14 2009, 06:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
Beyoncé haven't answered yet?
The only reason has got to be that she's feeling threatened. You would have taken over all her airtime, and everyone would forget her when the new Posh-Dahlinator starts shakin' that thing laugh.gif

Anyway, great lesson ^^
I've been training my singing voice for some time now. I can almost hit the right notes now.... tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Jun 14 2009, 06:56 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Cool vid Kris.... Beyonce dont have a chance against you

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 14 2009, 07:12 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Canis @ Jun 14 2009, 07:55 PM) *
I've been training my singing voice for some time now. I can almost hit the right notes now.... tongue.gif

Cool - that was the first step for me. Then I started practicing get that rock:ish vocal sound. Now I am back to practicing getting the right pitch - I have quite some more progress to do!

QUOTE (superize @ Jun 14 2009, 07:56 PM) *
Cool vid Kris.... Beyonce dont have a chance against you

THANKS!! That's what I needed to hear laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canis
Jun 14 2009, 07:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 14 2009, 08:12 PM) *
Cool - that was the first step for me. Then I started practicing get that rock:ish vocal sound. Now I am back to practicing getting the right pitch - I have quite some more progress to do!

Nice! I'm on the right path, then! The only "problem" is that I have a baritone voice, so I can't get nearly as high as you.. But I guess I have to find the style that fits my voice tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 14 2009, 07:14 PM
Instructor
Awesome video, slippers are brutal laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 14 2009, 07:16 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (kahall @ Jun 14 2009, 07:44 PM) *
So do you always set a glass of water over all of your electronics?

Other than that you seem perfectly normal. ;-)

Hehe yes! Bad habit I know - I haven't had any serious accidents with it yet though (but it's been close!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jun 14 2009, 07:22 PM
Learning Tone Master
Haha, thats great! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 14 2009, 07:28 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Canis @ Jun 14 2009, 08:13 PM) *
Nice! I'm on the right path, then! The only "problem" is that I have a baritone voice, so I can't get nearly as high as you.. But I guess I have to find the style that fits my voice tongue.gif

hmm - I remember having heard somewhre that you can usually learn to expand your higher register. But the opposite is more tricky (learning to sing lower).

Nothing wrong with a baritone voice though - you can do lots of fun stuff with that!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:49 AM