Kris, Help :)
Martin la guitar...
Jun 23 2009, 12:07 PM
GMC:er
Hi kris!

Im working on my Alternate picking right now, trying to find some exercises that works in melodical perspective. I watched the trailer for your dvd where you at the end of the movie slaughtered a scale smile.gif My question is, what scale was that?

http://www.freelicks.net/DVD.htm

Thanks in advance smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 23 2009, 01:19 PM
GMC Founder
Hi Martin,

Well those are just chromatic non sense notes played in the easiest possible way (for the fingers) - the reason I get away with it is because I land on a strong note!

I think I am playing these notes (in F# minor)

e-14-16-17
b-14-16-17
g-14-16-17
d-14-15-16
a-14-15-16
e-14-15-16

Oh and a little parenthesis - I did this so long ago you will notice I am using economy picking! blink.gif (Which I try to get away from nowadays)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Jun 23 2009, 02:48 PM
GMC:er
oh ok, thank you so much!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 25 2009, 03:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 23 2009, 02:19 PM) *
Hi Martin,

Well those are just chromatic non sense notes played in the easiest possible way (for the fingers) - the reason I get away with it is because I land on a strong note!

I think I am playing these notes (in F# minor)

e-14-16-17
b-14-16-17
g-14-16-17
d-14-15-16
a-14-15-16
e-14-15-16

Oh and a little parenthesis - I did this so long ago you will notice I am using economy picking! blink.gif (Which I try to get away from nowadays)

You make it sound like economy picking is a bad thing, Kris! laugh.gif It all depends on the sound you want to achieve, I would say.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 25 2009, 05:28 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 25 2009, 04:17 PM) *
It all depends on the sound you want to achieve, I would say.

Definitely! For me I have come to the conclusion that I either want the legato sound - or the alternate picking sound, best of all is to combine both. However - economy picking never really cut it for me.

However it is obvious that many guitarists manage to get awesome sounds out of the technique - so as usual it's all a matter of how you approach it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:05 AM