3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Kristofer Dahl - Real Men Don't Fight, New song!
Laszlo Boross
Aug 21 2009, 08:58 PM
Instructor
Great song Kris! Tone of the guitar in the solo is awesome! This is my favourite part. Congrats!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my lessons
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 21 2009, 09:18 PM
GMC:er
One of your best so far. I actually like that you have not posted anything for awhile, you seem to spread out your recordings, and it helps to showcase how your improving as a player/singer/songwriter. etc.

Its cool to see what your doing with the lyrics, compared to what you used to write ( Bury All My..... etc. etc. ) laugh.gif

The solo reminded me of a Slashy, Kirk Hammet mix. And as I believe The Uncreator said, the main stuff reminds me of Megadeth.

I would like to see what you could do if you really worked out some powerful lyrics, and made a Really Good Ballad. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 21 2009, 11:05 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Laszlo Boross @ Aug 21 2009, 09:58 PM) *
Great song Kris! Tone of the guitar in the solo is awesome! This is my favourite part. Congrats!

Thanks - great to get your comment Laszlo! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Aug 21 2009, 10:18 PM) *
Its cool to see what your doing with the lyrics, compared to what you used to write ( Bury All My..... etc. etc. ) laugh.gif

Hey! I still love the bury all my XXXx lyrics! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Aug 21 2009, 10:18 PM) *
One of your best so far. I actually like that you have not posted anything for awhile, you seem to spread out your recordings, and it helps to showcase how your improving as a player/singer/songwriter. etc.

The solo reminded me of a Slashy, Kirk Hammet mix. And as I believe The Uncreator said, the main stuff reminds me of Megadeth.

I would like to see what you could do if you really worked out some powerful lyrics, and made a Really Good Ballad. biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot John - I try to spend as much time as possible thinking of how I can improve my performance and songs. I find that nowadays the thinking part is starting to become more important than the practicing part.

I'd love to create a ballad as well - but I am pretty weak at writing chord progressions, and this limits me. I have tried quite a few times, but I am usually not happy about what comes out...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Aug 21 2009, 11:25 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 20 2009, 02:46 PM) *
Thanks - yes you are right, there is definitely a little bit Buck Dich in the intro riff! Their lyrics are more provocative than mine though (depending on who you ask I guess)

Yea, they are just a weee bit more provocative biggrin.gif Not that I speak german, but I catch a word here and there.. and thats one of reasons I cant stand rammstein :-/ They are just too weird biggrin.gif

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Aug 22 2009, 08:34 AM
Learning Rock Star
wow, very cool kris!!! I like it very much! can i buy a cd with your stuff?

This post has been edited by MirkoSchmidt: Aug 22 2009, 08:34 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Aug 22 2009, 02:49 PM
Jazz Instructor
I like it, really pro mixing!
And I agree with title of the song!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Aug 22 2009, 09:46 PM
Instructor
Audiopaal is sitting here and we just finished listening through the track and he says: Kris has gotten much better (soundwise) and i'm really proud of him biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 22 2009, 11:25 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Aug 22 2009, 10:46 PM) *
Audiopaal is sitting here and we just finished listening through the track and he says: Kris has gotten much better (soundwise) and i'm really proud of him biggrin.gif

Thank you maastas! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Vasilije Vukmirovic @ Aug 22 2009, 03:49 PM) *
I like it, really pro mixing!
And I agree with title of the song!

Thanks! Unfortunately it doesn't seem to matter how many songs with this theme are written - the fighting still goes on!

QUOTE (MirkoSchmidt @ Aug 22 2009, 09:34 AM) *
wow, very cool kris!!! I like it very much! can i buy a cd with your stuff?

hehe no unfortunately not - we'll see if there will be a cd...right now I am pretty happy doing tunes and publishing them here and at youtube!

edit - the reason I am happy about keep doing it, is because I learn so much from the critique I get!

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Aug 22 2009, 11:37 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 22 2009, 11:35 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 23 2009, 12:25 AM) *
Thank you maastas! laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Seriously, I really liked it Kris smile.gif

Great song (and great theme too!!!), and your vocals really fits this song!
Best overall song/mix I've heard from you, really proffessional and great sounding smile.gif

The guitarsound really kicks bun by the way biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 23 2009, 06:16 PM
GMC Founder
Awesome to hear Paal - thanks! biggrin.gif

Thanks to the constant constructive feedback I get from you guys - I have done a remix and I think the solo is much more audible here!

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Aug 23 2009, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Kris has done it again

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 23 2009, 06:18 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (superize @ Aug 23 2009, 07:17 PM) *
Kris has done it again

What - ruined a mix?! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 23 2009, 07:09 PM
Instructor
I don't know if this is just my speaker and headphones combination but I still think the solo could use a bit more presence in the mix. On the speakers it is better, but with my headphones (K141) I hear more bass, and the rhythm guitar track somehow turns out loud in relation to the solo. Perhaps somebody else can listen through and give experience on their sound systems.

PS Great solo btw! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 23 2009, 07:18 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 21 2009, 08:36 PM) *
Let's not combat about it...not even with words!! laugh.gif

You got it!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Aug 23 2009, 07:21 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:42 AM