Kris I Need Help!
shredmaster1393
Aug 23 2009, 05:13 AM
GMC:er
when i am playing a descending picking run near the 12 frets on the high e, b, and g string, my third finger keeps going flat on the string and not staying on the tip of my finger, how can i fix this

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
its not what you take with you, but what you leave behind that defines greatness
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[font="Impact"

[size="5"][/size]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 23 2009, 09:58 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (shredmaster1393 @ Aug 23 2009, 06:13 AM) *
when i am playing a descending picking run near the 12 frets on the high e, b, and g string, my third finger keeps going flat on the string and not staying on the tip of my finger, how can i fix this

I'm sorry to bump in, but Kris's anwser might take a while since he's always very busy! I think the best thing to do for you is play those runs very slowly, watching your finger. Use a metronome to speed up gradualy, and at the speed where you're finger is just not going flat again, keep practicing, then try 5bpm higher, and so on. Also, you might want to train the third finger strength, by doing lots of hammer ons!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 23 2009, 09:59 AM
GMC Founder
Sounds like you are pushing speed, as a test - could you try and play it half the speed (extremely slow) and see if you get better control of you finger?

If that is the case then I would suggest doing a simple six note exercise which just focuses on getting control of that finger!

--------------------

+Quote Post
shredmaster1393
Aug 23 2009, 05:24 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 23 2009, 09:59 AM) *
Sounds like you are pushing speed, as a test - could you try and play it half the speed (extremely slow) and see if you get better control of you finger?

If that is the case then I would suggest doing a simple six note exercise which just focuses on getting control of that finger!

thanks guys

--------------------
its not what you take with you, but what you leave behind that defines greatness
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[font="Impact"

[size="5"][/size]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:23 AM