4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Gmc Is A Drug!
Young Guitarist
Apr 18 2008, 04:07 PM
GMC:er
Wierd, my cousin is here, he knos how to play, il ask him.. .smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Rock On!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pi38
Apr 18 2008, 04:11 PM
Hopefully he'll know.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Apr 18 2008, 04:19 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Young Guitarist @ Apr 18 2008, 11:54 AM) *
I hope so, now im not having fun at all, im just constantly pushing myself,

To get you started, we have put together a 6-step course that will make you play in less than twenty minutes! These six lessons cover some of the basics that you need to learn on your way to become a great guitarist.

Erm. ive used like 3 hours on the first one...

Don't stress yourself out. Guitar is suppose to be fun not a chore. As OC said you won't get the exact tone as Kris due to amp settings, guitar, etc. but don't worry about that now. Worry about getting your fingers in the correct position and playing the power chord clean. If it sounds muted or isn't ringing then maybe your strumming hand is resting on the strings as you play. (I'm not 100% sure what the type of problem your having is)

You'll find as you continue playing some stuff you'll pick up rather quickly some things will require numerous hours of practice. Go at your own pace. You will have moments of frustration but just take a break, listen to some Iron Maiden, get inspired and try again smile.gif Remember have fun with it. I know your anxious to get going but a bit of patience will pay off big time down the line.

rok

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Apr 18 2008, 04:24 PM
Thanks rok smile.gif

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Apr 18 2008, 04:34 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Young Guitarist @ Apr 18 2008, 12:24 PM) *
Thanks rok smile.gif

No problem YG. When I started a couple of years ago I was in the same boat so I understand your frustration. My hurdle was barre chords. Just couldn't get them no matter how hard I tried. I practiced so hard and I just couldn't get it. Was gonna give up but then one day boom barre chord after barre chord played. I was so excited. Hard work and patience pays off.

Good luck with it and even try a different lesson and go back to that one. Maybe some time away from it will help you out too. But keep us posted and keep asking questions. It's the best way to learn and GMC is a pretty supportive place and we'll help if we can smile.gif

Keep rocking smile.gif

rok

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Apr 18 2008, 05:30 PM
Singing Instructor
first,you start to go out much less than usual,tl,then your friends start to worry,and then your girlfriend leave you... laugh.gif laugh.gif that is GMC....smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
StringBender
Apr 21 2008, 01:04 PM
Yup, it's true. Gmc is a drug and I am hooked.
Very nice atmosphere going on here.

Thanks Chris, Andrew and all others that make this happen!

--------------------
Guitar: Ibanez Gio
Amp: Kustom
FX: Line 6 Pod X3
DAW: Cubase SE 3, Reason 3
Synth: Roland Fantom X6 Workstation
PC:P4 Win XP Dual 2.6 Ghz 2 GB RAM ATI Radeon 9200

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Apr 21 2008, 01:08 PM
This is the best damn site on the whole wide web smile.gif GMC is a drug indeed wink.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Apr 21 2008, 01:34 PM
Haha biggrin.gif Awesome ^^,

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
Gus
Apr 21 2008, 10:32 PM
Wow, man. I am also addicted to GMC,
but 10 hours in a row? ohmy.gif

In that rhythm you are going to be top poster still this semester tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Gus: Apr 21 2008, 10:32 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
stratman33
Apr 22 2008, 04:36 AM
holy crap 38 posts per day??u really are hooked

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 22 2008, 03:42 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Tell me about it..I can't do anything on my computer without posting here or doing new lessons smile.gif When I think about it , I'm all the time online here smile.gif
GMC is a cool drug smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Apr 22 2008, 03:42 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Pi38
Apr 22 2008, 03:55 PM
GMC is the best thing since Jimi Hendrix. laugh.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:21 AM