Alex Feather
Apr 13 2012, 08:25 AM
Instructor
Hi guys! I have created a new exercise! Now we will play on kick and snare
Still using the same track (Drums only)
The chord I am using is E7#9

http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/rhythm
I did a short video to give you an idea

Please let me know if you have any questions!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Alex Feather: Apr 14 2012, 06:39 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Apr 13 2012, 04:45 PM
GMC:er
So this is the one I did by mistake the last time? Should play better by now, hopefully happy.gif
Thanks for posting the video.

Can you move this thread to the "Pinned" one, please?

Carmine

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by carminemarotta: Apr 13 2012, 04:45 PM

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Apr 13 2012, 05:45 PM
Experienced Rock Star & Challenge Star
Hey Alex,
is it correct to say you play the E bass over the kick and the full chord over the snare ?
I'm on it smile.gif
PS : you did not comment my last attempt on the first assignment. Is it that bad ? huh.gif

--------------------
�Million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.�
― Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 14 2012, 06:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (GrindGuer @ Apr 13 2012, 04:45 PM) *
Hey Alex,
is it correct to say you play the E bass over the kick and the full chord over the snare ?
I'm on it smile.gif
PS : you did not comment my last attempt on the first assignment. Is it that bad ? huh.gif

Sorry I was meaning to reply but I think I missed it! smile.gif
You did a very good job! The third phrase is a little off and for some reason I hear two guitars?

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Apr 16 2012, 09:21 PM
Hey Alex,
you're right, there are two guitars. I thought that with two guitars, I would know if my timing was good. It seems not sad.gif

I've worked on your third task. It's harder that I thought, but it' really fun. I hope I understood well what you were waiting for. Tell me what you think. smile.gif

Cheers.
http://soundcloud.com/grindguer/rhythm-corner-03/s-H50wh

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 17 2012, 04:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GrindGuer @ Apr 16 2012, 08:21 PM) *
Hey Alex,
you're right, there are two guitars. I thought that with two guitars, I would know if my timing was good. It seems not sad.gif

I've worked on your third task. It's harder that I thought, but it' really fun. I hope I understood well what you were waiting for. Tell me what you think. smile.gif

Cheers.
http://soundcloud.com/grindguer/rhythm-corner-03/s-H50wh

Sounds good! On the second strum you are rushing sometimes but it's almost there! I also will suggest to turn off overdrive and go clean, because you will have more control over your sound!
I will post a new task tomorrow and looking forward to hear your next take!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 18 2012, 07:05 PM
Instructor
Hi guys! Here is another assignment!
This time we are playing on kick and snare! I did a track to give you an example!
Here is the track with my guitar
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/rhythm-4

Here is drums only track
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/drums-only

The chord I have been using is E7#9

Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Apr 18 2012, 08:40 PM
GMC:er
Cool

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Apr 18 2012, 09:36 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Apr 18 2012, 08:05 PM) *
Hi guys! Here is another assignment!
This time we are playing on kick and snare! I did a track to give you an example!
Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

Hey Alex,
I've tried this one. Seemed easier than the previous one. Hope it's OK.
Cheers.
http://soundcloud.com/grindguer/rhythm-corner-04/s-R7BI4

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 21 2012, 09:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GrindGuer @ Apr 18 2012, 08:36 PM) *
Hey Alex,
I've tried this one. Seemed easier than the previous one. Hope it's OK.
Cheers.
http://soundcloud.com/grindguer/rhythm-corner-04/s-R7BI4

You are almost there! Try to listen to what I played carefully and you will notice the difference!
Also you are rushing a little bit. What you can do is concentrate on the drums while you are playing and force yourself to play behind!
Let me know how it goes and if you have any questions!

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 21 2012, 10:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hi Alex, here's my attempt at rhythm 4 :

http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/ry

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 22 2012, 12:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 21 2012, 09:51 PM) *
hi Alex, here's my attempt at rhythm 4 :

http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/ry

Very nice take! You are playing too much ahead and rushing! What I would suggest is to try to concentrate on the drums and really force yourself to play behind! It will feel like it's too much, but try to record yourself and you will hear the difference!
The thing about rhythm is you have to understand the groove and feel it than you have a full control over it and can do anything you want!

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 22 2012, 09:45 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Apr 22 2012, 12:49 AM) *
Very nice take! You are playing too much ahead and rushing! What I would suggest is to try to concentrate on the drums and really force yourself to play behind! It will feel like it's too much, but try to record yourself and you will hear the difference!
The thing about rhythm is you have to understand the groove and feel it than you have a full control over it and can do anything you want!

damn! Ive recorded it a bunch of times and I think I keep playing it the same way!
Am I coming in at the correct point?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 23 2012, 08:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 22 2012, 08:45 PM) *
damn! Ive recorded it a bunch of times and I think I keep playing it the same way!
Am I coming in at the correct point?

You did everything correctly I just want you to learn how to feel the groove try to do that:
Really listen to the drums and try to hear exactly what he is playing, after that start playing the exercise I gave you and really focus on your rhythm! Every take you do record yourself! I will give another exercise on Wednesday it will be really simple and it might be easier for you to start with! Also try to learn my Funk Rhythms lesson it will help you a lot as well!

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 23 2012, 08:56 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Apr 23 2012, 08:36 AM) *
You did everything correctly I just want you to learn how to feel the groove try to do that:
Really listen to the drums and try to hear exactly what he is playing, after that start playing the exercise I gave you and really focus on your rhythm! Every take you do record yourself! I will give another exercise on Wednesday it will be really simple and it might be easier for you to start with! Also try to learn my Funk Rhythms lesson it will help you a lot as well!

I will do, thanks. Ive not really played much of that kind of style at all so Im sure it will help loads.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 23 2012, 04:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 23 2012, 07:56 AM) *
I will do, thanks. Ive not really played much of that kind of style at all so Im sure it will help loads.

Playing funk is the best way to develop timing!!! Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Apr 23 2012, 09:22 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Apr 21 2012, 10:53 PM) *
You are almost there! Try to listen to what I played carefully and you will notice the difference!
Also you are rushing a little bit. What you can do is concentrate on the drums while you are playing and force yourself to play behind!

Hey Alex, I thought we had to play on ALL kicks and snares. But that's not what you do. Also, you had a 16th strum I think, that is not played by the drums. Am I right ?
Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 24 2012, 04:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (GrindGuer @ Apr 23 2012, 08:22 PM) *
Hey Alex, I thought we had to play on ALL kicks and snares. But that's not what you do. Also, you had a 16th strum I think, that is not played by the drums. Am I right ?
Thanks.

I was playing all the kicks and only skipped the last snare.
Idea of this exercises is for you to also analyze rhythm guitar and learn how to hear the strums!

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Apr 25 2012, 09:28 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Apr 21 2012, 10:53 PM) *

Hey Alex,
here is another take of the 4th assignment.
Cheers.
http://soundcloud.com/grindguer/rhythm-corner-04-2nd/s-Zgpo7

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 26 2012, 09:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (GrindGuer @ Apr 25 2012, 08:28 PM) *
Hey Alex,
here is another take of the 4th assignment.
Cheers.
http://soundcloud.com/grindguer/rhythm-corner-04-2nd/s-Zgpo7

Well done! Your timing is very good on this take! I also like your sound! I can hear a very big improvement!!!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:00 PM