2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Worlds Tallest Building
Outlaw2112
Feb 1 2008, 02:39 AM
GMC:er
Hers the worlds tallest building...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Outlaw2112: Feb 1 2008, 03:36 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PolackHax0r
Feb 1 2008, 03:20 AM
blink.gif

Holy crap! Those.... I mean that is def. the tallest building I've even seen!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ace_frehely
Feb 1 2008, 03:25 AM
If I were I wouldnt of posted this thread...you can get in trouble by Andrew mellow.gif

--------------------
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/guitar4ace.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">guitar4ace.</iframe><iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/major%20nelson.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">guitar4ace.</iframe

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Feb 1 2008, 03:29 AM
why would i get in trouble? Its just jokes and no nudity... all in good fun

--------------------

+Quote Post
ace_frehely
Feb 1 2008, 03:30 AM
But theres members that are like 12 in GMC...This is not why they came here for...

--------------------
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/guitar4ace.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">guitar4ace.</iframe><iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/major%20nelson.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">guitar4ace.</iframe

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Feb 1 2008, 03:36 AM
ok, i dont wanna make anyone mad... its gone

I thought it was funny and wanted to share it with everyone

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 1 2008, 11:38 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I never got to see the picture but whatever it was (I can use my imagination) it seems to me you guys handled it very well by removing it. Thanks!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 1 2008, 12:22 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
GMC Has nice Self-modding ability i see smile.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
Feb 1 2008, 01:24 PM
hmm Im guessing its the girl pic aint it?

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Tomotoms
Feb 1 2008, 01:36 PM
Just in case anyone is disappointed; here is the world's tallest building.

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Feb 1 2008, 01:40 PM
QUOTE (Tomotoms @ Feb 1 2008, 01:36 PM) *
Just in case anyone is disappointed; here is the world's tallest building.

Designed by Adrian Smith?! Wierd.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Feb 1 2008, 02:32 PM
i'm all for self-modding at GMC. but i not think everyone needs to be self-censoring about their views etc just because some people on GMC are 12.

if they are 12 and they have permission to use a forum i'm sure they understand that not everyone here is a little kid / will behave like a 12 year old. furthermore, if a kid is on the internet i am 95% certain they have already been to websites with content far far worse then anything PG-13 we post on GMC.

This post has been edited by Asphyxia Feeling: Feb 1 2008, 02:41 PM

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Feb 1 2008, 02:42 PM
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Feb 1 2008, 01:40 PM) *
Designed by Adrian Smith?! Wierd.

Yeah, it's this guy:

What's so weird about that?

Or did you think it was designed by this guy?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Feb 1 2008, 02:48 PM
QUOTE (Asphyxia Feeling @ Feb 1 2008, 02:32 PM) *
i'm all for self-modding at GMC. but i not think everyone needs to be self-censoring about their views etc just because some people on GMC are 12.

if they are 12 and they have permission to use a forum i'm sure they understand that not everyone here is a little kid / will behave like a 12 year old. furthermore, if a kid is on the internet i am 95% certain they have already been to websites with content far far worse then anything PG-13 we post on GMC.

Yeah, it was a picture of a full chested woman with the tallest building behind her in the distance.. No nudity, no cuss words just a funny pic... I personally didnt see anything wrong with it, just some good humor

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Feb 1 2008, 02:58 PM
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Feb 1 2008, 07:48 AM) *
Yeah, it was a picture of a full chested woman with the tallest building behind her in the distance.. No nudity, no cuss words just a funny pic... I personally didnt see anything wrong with it, just some good humor

I think that they mostly don't even want to start moving in non music areas that could be controversial. you take one step, someone then takes a bigger step, and it goes too far. Kris also is concerned about females feeling comfortable here.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 1 2008, 03:04 PM
QUOTE (Asphyxia Feeling @ Feb 1 2008, 02:32 PM) *

But why should they experience it here at GMC just becuase, as you say, they've been to worse sites? That's a bad excuse for us to publish adult material. Their parents are paying for guitarlessons at GMC, we show enough respect to provide just that and not material that could cause parents to block this service.
and since young kids are the least common denominator here that is where all of us have to aim for, respect wise.

Nobody has to be self cencoring. Post whatever you like. Mind that if it crossing the borders us moderators have to do the cleaning up.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 1 2008, 03:06 PM
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Feb 1 2008, 02:48 PM) *

A sexitic picture obviously. There would have been a moderator taking care of that. Good thing you removed it.

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Feb 1 2008, 04:10 PM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Feb 1 2008, 02:42 PM) *
Yeah, it's this guy:

What's so weird about that?

Or did you think it was designed by this guy?

I knew it wasn't Iron Maiden Adrian Smith, I was just joking that they have the same name.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Goliath
Feb 1 2008, 08:14 PM
if it would have been deemed PG13 (no exposed parts and nothing overly suggestive), then let er rip. It's not our job to be their parents. I've seen photos like the one described before, and I strongly doubt that it would have been overly offensive or landed the site any heat.

EDIT: And the construction of that building is obscenely interesting. They have 3 tower cranes at different elevations and when they max out one tower crane, the highest takes the lowest and carries it up to a higher elevation (obviously they have to break it down), which is why the building tapers to the top and has so many sun decks all up the exterior all the way up, aside from being a nice architectural feature. Friend works for the GC who's building it and they showed me their proposal for how to build it, it was really interesting. Oh, I'm in construction by the way so I find that kind of stuff neat tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Goliath: Feb 1 2008, 08:17 PM

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 1 2008, 09:05 PM
QUOTE (Goliath @ Feb 1 2008, 08:14 PM) *
if it would have been deemed PG13 (no exposed parts and nothing overly suggestive), then let er rip. It's not our job to be their parents. I've seen photos like the one described before, and I strongly doubt that it would have been overly offensive or landed the site any heat.

Just to clarify, we don't go by PG ratings. And please read the posting guidelines if you havn't already.

I never saw the picture but have a feeling #7 could be broken here. We will work to uphold GMC as a friendly place, for all ages. If would be sad if you encourage someone to post something that would render in problems for the poster only because "it's not our job to be their parents". No, but since the parents probably not trace everything that happens here it's part of a moderators job to make sure parents don't pay for a service that provide challenging material they rather would be without.

If everyone is aware of the forum guidelines and use common sense we will keep having this nice atmosphere we're having at GMC smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:29 PM